• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

1 hour ago, DNP said:

I hear a lot of great things about GM, but it seems like you all replace a lot of chit. I’ve thrown my traeger out of a truck and abused the hell out of it fir years now....not a single part replaced. 

You just jinxed yourself! 

controller I was alittle bothered by altho it was only the wifi. The igniter it happens I change hot surface igniters at work all winter long, it happens. 

I am going to start blowing the dust out from under the hopper more often, there seems to be a lot of it in there 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

A8678743-C492-4BC2-96EC-A1F53C8DA81F.thumb.jpeg.707b79f168fdac55a1cdcc8629bbcc29.jpeg

my wonderful wife bought me a smoker!!! Now I need to learn how to prepare and cook with it!

Don’t be afraid to ask, @washguy taught me a lot and I’ve learned some on my own.   First chunk of meat I would suggest is pork butt, if you have a festival near, watch for their 99¢/pound sale. It’s a cheap easy chunk of meat to do. The one other thing I would invest in is a digital thermometer, maverick on amazon is a good one. 

18 minutes ago, shepp said:

Don’t be afraid to ask, @washguy taught me a lot and I’ve learned some on my own.   First chunk of meat I would suggest is pork butt, if you have a festival near, watch for their 99¢/pound sale. It’s a cheap easy chunk of meat to do. The one other thing I would invest in is a digital thermometer, maverick on amazon is a good one. 

There you go ☺️ start out with the recipes they give you and go from there. 🍺🍺 What do you use for making smoke

On 2/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, unforgiven said:

Humidity,moisture are not good for pellets. Excessive pellet dust makes it burn funky temp fluctuates. Screw top adapter for 5 gallon bucket keeps it dry. Just my 2 mag's. 🍺🍺🥶

I ordered three of the screw top bucket lids from Amazon, thanks for the idea. We will keep our pellets in one or two and our wild birdseed in the 3rd one.

Gamma Lid, 5 Gallon Screw Top Lids Gamma Bucket Seal Lid Leak Proof for Plastic Bucket, Black (3)

He’s pissed because I told him he’s gonna be delicious. He’s fine with the horses. Still a little iffy about us, which is weird as he was a show steer. Chick had about 11k into him with all of the traveling around and paying to enter jackpot shows with him. Her goal was to win trophies and she racked up. Few. We got a pretty good deal on him at $2/lb-ish. 

7 hours ago, shepp said:

It has built in thermometers, won’t that be good enough? 

I think my wife wants me to do a chicken she bough first. 

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

It has built in thermometers, won’t that be good enough? 

I think my wife wants me to do a chicken she bough first. 

Built in food prob or to monitor the box temp? Smoking is 99% done on meat temp not time. 

Chickens a good one too

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-instant-read-thermometer/  we use the Chef Alarm and Thermapen Mk4 once you over cook meat there's no going back. At least if you under cook a little you can nuke it to what you want. Outside gauge on box tells you how hot the box is on the inside. Have fun 😄 and use a