• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

On 2/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, DNP said:

Be sure to test it a few times and make sure you keep it way clean. I use the grill probes for guidance and have a nice kitchen probe ($16) that I rely on for final temps. 

Ok I will look for a good regular kitchen probe. Had one and I left it outside accidentally. ☹️

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

Ok I will look for a good regular kitchen probe. Had one and I left it outside accidentally. ☹️

I left my fancy $80 4 probe Bluetooth unit outside a little too long unfortunately as well. Since then I just go by the fast-read kitchen one. 

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

You can find temp probe at the Dollar store. Anything I have is the best firearms, accessories. My wife deserves the best, I won't cheap out. Good kitchen tools are not cheap and cheap tools don't last. That's if you use them. Wife cooks all day everyday we rarely eat carry out. Just my 2 mag's.

I’ve tried a handful of probes. Most are the same manufacturer and different casings. I’ve found the folding ones (at least the 4-5 I have tried) all sucked. I’ll take a picture of the one I have that has been awesome and even after long periods of time continues to read accurately. I test every so often in an ice bath and run the calibration. 

3 hours ago, DNP said:

I’ve tried a handful of probes. Most are the same manufacturer and different casings. I’ve found the folding ones (at least the 4-5 I have tried) all sucked. I’ll take a picture of the one I have that has been awesome and even after long periods of time continues to read accurately. I test every so often in an ice bath and run the calibration. 

I will keep any eye out for that picture.

currently smoking a 7 pound chicken and tons of carrots for our dinner tonight. Let’s see how well I do the first time. Looks and smells amazing so far

Tried to get my wife to take one and send it to me. She said no. I’ll be home later. She did say it says NSF CDN on it. 

scrww it. I looked it up. It’s this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/CDN-ProAccurate-Black-Digital-Food-Thermometer-Q2-450X/204211087

might find it cheaper elsewhere. I paid $16 at my meat market

39 minutes ago, DNP said:

Tried to get my wife to take one and send it to me. She said no. I’ll be home later. She did say it says NSF CDN on it. 

scrww it. I looked it up. It’s this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/CDN-ProAccurate-Black-Digital-Food-Thermometer-Q2-450X/204211087

might find it cheaper elsewhere. I paid $16 at my meat market

Thanks brother, will probably get it

60C9FB1D-6CD8-4694-978C-658B5C9529F1.thumb.jpeg.8182aba5a517fee583c361b5fb0b49d0.jpeg

carrots didn’t turn out the best, but the chicken is so moist and easily the best chicken we have ever made. Might be the best we have ever had. 🤤 

25 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I need to come visit you this summer just to learn to smoke stuff! Would visit Neal but I have spent to much of my life in Rock county and I hate that place. Lol

Your welcome to come. It is pretty easy. Prep and temperature control are the secrets. That new smoker will make your work easy.