imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dynamite..found in the woods. 

woodbox was sumwhat together. it was not lethal. ill know in a few months... we lit it on fire. The wax paper tube was crimped like a coin tube and sealed in wax. It didint show sings of crystals so im not 100% sure its real. it did have a sulferic smell.. 

20180624_224639.jpg

If there had of been any of the Nitro still in the wrappers you would have prolly have developed a splitting headache after smelling the  nitroglycerine in the dynamite . probably had been exposed to the elements of the woods for many years.  Was there any evidence of mining operations or stump removal in the near area?

3 hours ago, mrmackc said:

If there had of been any of the Nitro still in the wrappers you would have prolly have developed a splitting headache after smelling the  nitroglycerine in the dynamite . probably had been exposed to the elements of the woods for many years.  Was there any evidence of mining operations or stump removal in the near area?

lots of mining, some claims are active.

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

It would be interesting to know"The rest of the story"on this old mystery.

same here. we hit this spot for several years and stumble on lots of mining rems. this was right under our nose. 20 feet from the dirt road. there are gated addits with huge tailings piles in another camp spot. word is lots of copper/ silver and some gold.. did some work to find about 20 specks this was the biggest i found this year.

lots of cables and holes dug into the other side but not trecking through the rapids.. 

20180625_193757.jpg

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

The occasionally cut through the neighborhood,actually prefer them to raccoons,less of a pest 

I like Vancouver -for a city. Especially the Granville market. I imagine you have quite a few as well. Attached is a picture of George, may he rest in peace.

19141760-16C2-41EA-A6F6-FC2615A082F9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I like Vancouver -for a city. Especially the Granville market. I imagine you have quite a few as well. Attached is a picture of George, may he rest in peace.

Gonna be a lot worse in BC when those brown bears start getting outta control since all the granola eaters ban hunting 

34 minutes ago, Sisco said:

If you look north across the inlet to the mountains I'm up in the trees.

Vancouver lacks some imagination with names,there is Vancouver the city. When locals talk about North Vancouver(were I'm at) it's a separate city along with West Vancouver but East Van(couver) is part of Vancouver

If you or any other member here is visiting please feel free to PM me.

26 minutes ago, shepp said:

Gonna be a lot worse in BC when those brown bears start getting outta control since all the granola eaters ban hunting 

You can still hunt black bear, the grizzly hunt  has been stopped to protect them. This of course doesn't explain why there are now grizzlies in area they haven't been in either for ever or 40-50 years+,also band members are exempt from this prohibition.Ironically many of them fought for this, I guess that's one way to reduce the competition on the woods.

My 1st choice in bear/cougar country

20160120_121052.jpg

Nice ! Is it a 45/70? Taken the train from North Vancouver to Whistler/ Blackcomb twice. My favorite skiing in North America. Almost  bought a log home a1/4 mile from Whistler Village in 1985. $97,000 Canadian. Dumb move I did’nt. Worth over a million now!

enjoy Gas Town, Stanley Park, Robson Street used to be fun. Looked rough last time I was there. Might take you up on that.