Football

seasprite

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should have been more specific, i was whipped with sticks, belts, etc growing up, but if it legitimately harmed this child then it is wrong I agree.  Should have worded my response more clearly.  Thats why I said all the details aren't out yet and we don't know the extent of the "beating" of the child. 

There is a clear difference between whipping and beating.

Edited by BigP623

I'm all for punishment of kids. But yes, a beating is one thing, but an abusive beating is another. I was spanked with belts and such. I think that I never got a beating that I didn't deserve (looking back). I spanked my boy the same way. But not out of an abusive mindset. I believe he says the exact same thing these days.

Like Rene said.......none of us liked it while we were growing up. But it does teach us something.

As I growing up I got beat on to point that my mom would put makeup on me to cover my bruises. This was excessive but sometimes I needed a beating others times I didn't. This made it a little harder for me as a parent because I didn't want to be like my mom. I did spank my kids but it was on the butt with my open hand, no switch or board or belt. The amount of spankings they both had I can count on one hand. I may have been to lenient on them but only time will tell. The main thing that help me in raising my own was a good relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ.

Now back to football:

We play the horse heads today at Den. not looking good for us but I have hope because the game is not on yet  ::)

Ill take that !! They couldn't do it with out a double chk late in the game ... Nfl ? Did you see South Park ? The new review system is bs on every game !! My kids get it right why can't some 10 sobs get it right in newyork or where ever? B S! Weekend off for HAWKS so go teams!

What's with the negativity lately? Apparently everything we enjoy isn't hip enough for you. Are you asking for us to explain why we intensely follow those that do, or just looking down your nose at us? I'm not sure I understand why you even felt you needed to post that comment.

While we are on the topic of poop we don't understand.....well, there's a lot I don't understand.

Are you asking for us to explain why we intensely follow those that do, or just looking down your nose at us?

I never have and never will look down my nose at anyone. Not part of my way of thinking.

I try not to imply anything. This case was no exception. I was just saying that I don't understand what you folks are talking about and therefor avoiding a discussion that I sense expectancy that I participate in. Refusal to participate in stuff like this is something I've been getting in allot of social trouble for lately.

I believe that most of my statements lately have been neutral or playful in nature.

Edited by MaDuce

I never have and never will look down my nose at anyone. Not part of my way of thinking.

I try not to imply anything. This case was no exception. I was just saying that I don't understand what you folks are talking about and therefor avoiding a discussion that I sense expectancy that I participate in. Refusal to participate in stuff like this is something I've been getting in allot of social trouble for lately.

I believe that most of my statements lately have been neutral or playful in nature.

You tell 'em Big Fiddy! Bitch slap 'em!