• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new trigger....discuss

Its still my belief that legal or not and paperwork in hand,,,if you are out in the boonies and the sheriff or whatever comes in on you from hearing all that rock n roll....depending on him you still might take a ride.

that would spoil my day :) Wash

....unless you're in AZ. It's almost a free-for-all out here.

My brother and several of his friends were out shooting class 3 with one of their dads in the desert.  Game & Fish officer came in hot and heavy, pistol out, demanding everyone disarm.

Certain agencies here are WAY heavy handed.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother and several of his friends were out shooting class 3 with one of their dads in the desert.  Game & Fish officer came in hot and heavy, pistol out, demanding everyone disarm.

Certain agencies here are WAY heavy handed.

Pretty much depends on where you're doing the shooting. At the range nobody seems to bat an eyelid.

Out in the desert, the GFD, sheriff, border patrol, etc are paranoid, especially with all the drug runners/human smugglers shooting anyone with a uniform these days. I can't really blame them for being heavy handed. My next door neighbor and some friends went shooting out in the desert and they got buzzed by the sheriff's chopper.....

It depends on who's land your on , state land ( sheriff posse was cool talked awhile). ( fish and game wascool ) . On BLM got buzzed by an Apache Longbow at about 100 feet , had a BAE Tshirt on and ask if they liked their seat, they waggeled and few off. All because Vera is so loud. I always carry a copy of the BAFTE letter with that gun.

Good luck brother seasprite.Had one done and when he went in found more tears.Wasn't bad,no belly laughs for awhile.Get well soon.

Glad your wasn't bad I have no idea on mine yet other than the doc said I have one. The belly laughs might be hard not to do if I spend my down time on this site  :eek: and thanks for well wishes.

How much down time did you have because of the surgery? Doc told me 2-6 weeks hoping for the 2 but since I do heavy lifting at work I'm thinking probably more toward the 6.

I'd say about 5 weeks for the belly bro.I work construction.I moved a large piece of duct 80/80 56"lg. and felt a pain and my belly was sore.Went to the porta s h i t t e r and tried to push it back in.Finnally got it to to back in,knew it was time to take care of it.

Looks like your confirming my suspicion on my down time that I'll have. For now I,m just pulling my pants up as far they go and tightening my belt an extra notch to hold my guts in ??? seems to work. (probably more than you wanted to know :ugone2far: ) Thanks for the info brother. Just have to make it month and a half before I have this done.

For now I,m just pulling my pants up as far they go and tightening my belt an extra notch to hold my guts in ??? seems to work.

Lemme tell you about my schit, brother.  It'll bring "tightening my belt" to a whole other level...

Just as bad as the deer story, equally as bad as the beaver story - this will be long...  Read on... 

Happened in the Army, but not related to Army-type things. 

I was/am a National Ski Patrol guy, Alpine Patroller before I ever went over there (Ski Medic, basically - get broken MFers off the hill - stabilize them, package them, transport them off the hill, then let the ambulance guys take all the credit for their savior).

I was in Korea from Jan '97 to March '99.  Turns out, there's a "US Asia Ski Patrol," mostly ex-pats and some military members.  I signed right up.  Well, the "Asian Winter Games" were in Korea in January '99, right before I was leaving, and 10 guys from our US-Asia group were elected/selected to work those games.  I'm in. 

Now, this wasn't some rink-dink event.  They had a downhill ski course that we had to support, and it was Slalom, Giant Slalom (the "G") and Super Giant Slalom (The "Super G").  Schit wasn't no joke.  Olympic level junk. 

My Ski Patrol Director was a fat fcuker - prob 6'1" and 240lbs.  Looked like chewed bubble gum.  He had a great idea that ALL of us should start at the top of the Super G and take him down in the sled.  I voiced my opinion right away, and told him he was an idiot.  THAT got me the first run down, "in the horns."  That's the guy at the front of the Cascade Toboggan.  Tail-Roper is a fag at the back, on a 30-ft rope, trying to control the slide.  In the Horns means you're driving that train - filled with Fat Guy...

Fcuk it - I get in the horns, silde off, and we start going.  Now, an Olympic-Level race course is NOOOO joke.  That schit is treated with chemicals and is harder than asphalt - and SLIPPERY!  We go off, hit the first major descent and lip, and all the sudden, I'm going a metric schit-ton faster....  I look back, and my Tail-Roper is sliding down the hill, and the damn tail rope is flapping behind us.  We have two major descents to go...  I'm pulling hard to the left, in a major downhill with a 240lb fat guy, doing all I can control to get us back right, and it's not working.  Fat Dave is yeiing "Go RIGHT," and I'm yelling "GET THE FCUK OUT OF THE SLED."  We had a "failure to communicate" where he thought I could get us back on course, and I didn't properly communicate HOW fat he was, and that it wouldn't happen if he was still in the sled...

BAM!  Off the left side of the course, THROUGH the snow fence - that fancy orange plastic schit they string up along the sides.  Only prblem was, we didn't go through.  Fat Ass in the Cascade Toboggan (80lbs by itself) med gear (40 lbs) and Fat Ass Dave (240lbs).  I had some FORCE trying to shove me through that snow fence.  My right leg was my downhill leg at the time. 

BOOM!  Right Inguinal Hernia.

I didn't know it at the time - it took a couple weeks to find out that I was fcuked up.  More in the next post, before I lose this...

...Now, I was just a couple weeks away from getting out of Korea.  Again.  Getting selected for the gig was a "National Sports Event" as far as the military was concerned, so I was "awarded" 10 days of free leave, basically - 10 days of "Permissive TDY," or Temporary Duty.  I got to ski on Uncle Sam's dime. 

In the mean time, I was selected for promotion to SFC/E7, which was a "conditional promotion."  You can pin the rank on, get payed, but you still have to attend a leadership school to "earn" that rank.  I was scheduled for that school after leaving Korea, and before returning to the SF unit that I was at before.  ...but I'm wounded...

If I went to the doc and told them I had a hernia, I wouldn't get to go to the school - which was mandatory for the rank I got - which meant I'd be demoted for not attending the school in a certain time period.  No.  Wouldn't happen.  I had a right inguinal that would pop out if I coughed.  I tucked that bastard back in.  I found a way to use a FOLDED SOCK as a pressure dressing, and I'd duct-tape that thing across my abdomen and down, into my right inner thigh.  Worked like a champ.  I had to do a full PT test, run everyday, situps, whatever.  As long as my contraption worked, I was good - and it always worked.

Now, that school was from March through June, I took a month of leave, and signed back into the SF Group in August...

Paratroopers gotta get paid...

Once back in the unit, I had to jump again to start my Jump Pay.   It starts the day you sign in, but if you don't jump in the first couple of months of getting there, the Jump Pay is cancelled, and they take it back as back pay.  I KNEW the hernia repair surgery was gonna fornicate me...

STFU, ans Sock Treatment.  Made my first jump back with my improvised duct tape pressure dressing, and it was al good - money.  Hit the SF Surgeon the next day, and said "Doc!  My poop is hanging out! Hernia, man!"  His response was, "drop 'em and show me..."  I laid down the trou, coughed, grunted, did everything I could - and it wouldn't pop out.  He told me to GTFO.  When I was pulling up trou, it popped.  Doc just about bugged out...  "Holy SCHIT man, that's HUGE!  You're ging into surgery RIGHT NOW!" 

I went into surgery RIGHT THEN, too.  Fcuk me.

The Surgeon thought it would be a GREAT idea to use some EXTRA mesh in me, since "he knew what kind of unit I was in..."  Now, this is a right inguinal about 3" through - and he meshed my from the far right to the far left, all the way down the right side under my nuts.  That center of uranus went overboard. 

I was so fcuked up after that - I don't know HOW women can have a c-section, and vacuum the damn carpet at home the next day.  That was bullschit.  If I got on the couch, THAT was my place of business for the next couple days - I wasn't getting up. 

Fcuk hernias, men.  Don't think some doc is gonna get inside your abdominal wall with a mesh-repair-kit, and have you back at work tomorrow.  That schit just wont happen.

My $0.02...