• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite 2-Stage National Match Trigger set

98Z5V

I know you guys hear me raving about the Geissele triggers all the time, plus a few others.  One I talk about every chance I get is the Armalite 2-Stage National Match trigger (P/N 10309050). 

Full retail on the trigger is $145, but you can find it a few dollars cheaper from some online vendors, when you look.

Without money as a consideration, I will always look at a Geissele trigger first.  No matter what your intention (intended use) is for a trigger, Geissele makes what you're looking for, and the trigger will always perform exactly as they say it will.  You will also have unrivaled customer support if there is something that you don't like about your G trigger - just call them up.

Now, in reality, money IS a consideration.  More often than not, it has to be THE consideration.  The pricing for this Armalite trigger is pretty good, and the trigger is more than pretty good - it's a damn great trigger. 

Before anyone gets started on "every other company's National Match trigger," let me just say something - this one isn't the same as a CMMG, RRA, other...  The quality of it is much better, and it's got some pretty simple adjustment features built in.  Outside of the internet stories of RRA NM triggers going soft, I've never personally shot one - for the reason of those very stories.  However, right here on this site, we heard an account recently of an RRA going soft and losing it's second stage...  Food for thought...

138_3896.jpg

This up there ^^^ is the main feature for the adjustability function in this trigger set.  See those three tabs on the sides of the disconnector?  The disconnector has an additional spring that fits into those tabs, and each tab UP that you go is appriximately a 1 lb reduction in trigger pull weight.  So, in a nutshell, from the bottom position you can adjust UP to a 2 lb reduction.  By adjusting that spring position, you adjust the tension (or "drag") that the disconnector has on the hammer, thus changing the trigger pull weight...

There's an Armalite Tech Note that further describes an additional adjustment process, to further reduce pull weight beyond that top spring setting.  I performed this immediately after installing this trigger (made the max reduction in pull weight, with the additional step in the Tech Note), and I can tell you that it works, very, very well. 

The trigger started out in my Mk12 Mod 0 build:

100_0353.jpg

Ultimately, the trigger that was destined for that rifle was the Geissele Hi-Speed DMR trigger, so the Armalite NM trigger came out.  The Armalite trigger will now and forever live in the 300 BLK rifle.  I will never replace it with anything else, in that rifle.

P1000148_zps74c1b349.jpg

Here's the Armalite Tech Note (Tech Note 68) in the additional adjustment that you can make - it's titled for the 2-Stage Tactical Trigger, but further down in the doc is states it's for both trigger setups, with the National Match Trigger included for the Tech Note:

http://www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes%5CTech%20Note%2068,%20Tuning%20the%20ArmaLite%20Tactical%20Two%20Stage%20Trigger.pdf

• 1 year later...

I agree that these triggers are nice. I've always been a single stage GI AR trigger guy, but when I got my AR10B with one of these in it, I began to like it. While I wont be changing my other triggers, I'll be keeping this one in my 10B... reminds me of the M14 trigger. It has a finesse to it.

I dropped in the group buy trigger in my 10 and discovered mine had this trigger in it.  I then put this in my 300 build for an upgrade to that one.  Its a nice factory trigger.

I was kinda wondering what that extra spring and the adjustment notches were for thanks for the clarification.

Edited by BigP623

BigP. Just be sure that it's the "match" trigger. Cause all of the traditional Armalite 10B's come with the standard 2-stage combat trigger. If you had a 10T, or a 10 SASS.....it has the match trigger. Otherwise, it probably has the standard 2-stage. Don't get me wrong. I like that trigger, and run that one in a couple of the 10's that I have.

Just pointing that out for you brother.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/30/2014 at 1:58 PM, 98Z5V said:

I know you guys hear me raving about the Geissele triggers all the time, plus a few others.  One I talk about every chance I get is the Armalite 2-Stage National Match trigger (P/N 10309050). 

Full retail on the trigger is $145, but you can find it a few dollars cheaper from some online vendors, when you look.

Without money as a consideration, I will always look at a Geissele trigger first.  No matter what your intention (intended use) is for a trigger, Geissele makes what you're looking for, and the trigger will always perform exactly as they say it will.  You will also have unrivaled customer support if there is something that you don't like about your G trigger - just call them up.

Now, in reality, money IS a consideration.  More often than not, it has to be THE consideration.  The pricing for this Armalite trigger is pretty good, and the trigger is more than pretty good - it's a damn great trigger. 

Before anyone gets started on "every other company's National Match trigger," let me just say something - this one isn't the same as a CMMG, RRA, other...  The quality of it is much better, and it's got some pretty simple adjustment features built in.  Outside of the internet stories of RRA NM triggers going soft, I've never personally shot one - for the reason of those very stories.  However, right here on this site, we heard an account recently of an RRA going soft and losing it's second stage...  Food for thought...

138_3896.jpg

This up there ^^^ is the main feature for the adjustability function in this trigger set.  See those three tabs on the sides of the disconnector?  The disconnector has an additional spring that fits into those tabs, and each tab UP that you go is appriximately a 1 lb reduction in trigger pull weight.  So, in a nutshell, from the bottom position you can adjust UP to a 2 lb reduction.  By adjusting that spring position, you adjust the tension (or "drag") that the disconnector has on the hammer, thus changing the trigger pull weight...

There's an Armalite Tech Note that further describes an additional adjustment process, to further reduce pull weight beyond that top spring setting.  I performed this immediately after installing this trigger (made the max reduction in pull weight, with the additional step in the Tech Note), and I can tell you that it works, very, very well. 

The trigger started out in my Mk12 Mod 0 build:

100_0353.jpg

Ultimately, the trigger that was destined for that rifle was the Geissele Hi-Speed DMR trigger, so the Armalite NM trigger came out.  The Armalite trigger will now and forever live in the 300 BLK rifle.  I will never replace it with anything else, in that rifle.

P1000148_zps74c1b349.jpg

Here's the Armalite Tech Note (Tech Note 68) in the additional adjustment that you can make - it's titled for the 2-Stage Tactical Trigger, but further down in the doc is states it's for both trigger setups, with the National Match Trigger included for the Tech Note:

http://www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes%5CTech%20Note%2068,%20Tuning%20the%20ArmaLite%20Tactical%20Two%20Stage%20Trigger.pdf

Thanks KS for the info I was look at alot of G triggers you can use the same ar15 triggers in your ar10 I believe but I have an armalite rifle so maybe I'll stick with them. I'm going for a battle rifle set up

Trigger choice is going to come down to what you primarily intend to use the rifle for - because alot of triggers out there will "do everything" well, but excel for what they were designed to do.  Primary use of the rifle will determine the primary feature you go for in a trigger package.

17 hours ago, lilmidtown said:

Thanks KS for the info I was look at alot of G triggers you can use the same ar15 triggers in your ar10 I believe but I have an armalite rifle so maybe I'll stick with them. I'm going for a battle rifle set up

Two questions: 1. Do you want a two stage or a single stage? If you have the standard Armalite AR10 like R2 says, you have a two stage combat trigger, which is very good, but not great.  2. Do you like having some slack to take up before the trigger releases? If so stick with two stage. For precision accuracy this is what I would go with. If you want immediate bang when you pull the trigger, get a single stage. Maybe preferable on 3 gun competition rifles where split seconds possibly count.

if you are going for a “battle rifle” and not going to use for precision work, maybe stick with what you have until you are familiar with it to the tune of 300 rounds or so. Then you will know if you like it or not. Then you can always make the switch to something else, such as a better quality two stage, or a single stage.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

If you have the standard Armalite AR10 like R2 says, you have a two stage combat trigger, which is very good, but not great.

They have changed up, some basic models come with a cheap single stage now, they haven't done a good job of spelling this out lately. I'm not sure they still have either the NM or the combat trigger they used to.

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

They have changed up, some basic models come with a cheap single stage now, they haven't done a good job of spelling this out lately. I'm not sure they still have either the NM or the combat trigger they used to.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought about that possibility after I wrote that. Sad if they have done that. They also moved out of Genseo. Not the same company.