• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hey from Wisconsin

Hy_winds

Hi guys. I enjoy all types of shooting, some hunting, and a current interest in possible High Power competition. Time permitting. Also fishing, and anything with two wheels. My wife and kids all are involved shooting also . Being a tool & die maker , I dig the manufacturing process of guns in general and can't seem to leave anything alone. I do pretty well with some of the guns I have messed with, mostly bolt guns. Just bought a new Armalite AR 10 A4 Carbine. Looking forward to getting it set up for a trial run. Have other AR stuff, just nothing .308 based. Also no thanks to the dying/almost dead money tree. As I wait for the weather to change from the current Arctic Circle temp's here , I  have plenty of time to find reasonable priced brass and figure out a sighting set-up( totally confused as to what ). So for now I'll just listen in. All the best.

Yeah the weather has been pretty rough for a long time. One of the coldest I can remember.  I appreciate the recommendation. I'll definitely take a look. Not sure which direction yet.  A guy at work swears by Nikons , he has  AR 's in .308 and .243.  I have some homework to do. Looking forward to some range time.

Thanks for the greetings from all. You guys in Arizona and Florida be happy where your at right now. It's 8 degrees here right now , which is a heat wave compared to last night which was - 6     Cheers.

Welcome aboard, man, another from AZ - make no mistake about AZ, though...  It's been cold here, too.  Have to put on a sweatshirt or light jacket recently, which just sucks!  <lmao>