• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cop haters

Robocop1051

So here I am working, sitting on my motorcycle, running RADAR on traffic, parked in the driveway of a parking lot. I see a guy nearby climbing into his Buick and slowly start heading towards me. As he approaches I flag him to stop and point over the top of his car. He looks at me puzzled and spins around to look behind him. When he looks back at me puzzled, I again point over his car and yell to him. He looks around and starts becoming visually annoyed with me. Again I point in the same location, and again I yell to him. He angrily gets out of the car and says, "what am I doing wrong?"

Shocked by his attitude I politely respond, "nothing sir, sorry to bother you."

The man plops down in his car and slams the door. His sudden acceleration towards the driveway jolts his car just enough to knock over the fresh cup of coffee that was sitting on top of his car, spilling steaming hot java all down his window.

I waved, kicked my bike into gear, and rode off.

One hell of a morning!

So posted this on my FB, and then realized my VERY community conscious bosses might read it.... I had to modify that post to escape ownership. We'll see if it flys...

That's why I'm not friends with anyone I work with on there they already know to much about me the way it is

Back when I was a Statey, we had to patrol a landfill for a while cuzza too many out of state trucks sneaking in with trash.  I decided to take my cruiser down into the landfill to have a look-see during a slow spell.

As I drove down in, I could see the heavy loaders all working to get things in order and there were like a frickin BAZILLION sea-gulls all over the place, most of them just standing around looking for breakfast.

Being the genius that I am, I figured a mass take-off might be cool to see so once I thought I was in what appeared to be the center of the bio mass of birdies, I reached down and gave my siren a quick WHOOOP!!!

Well lemme tellya something about sea-gulls.  Apparently they don't like to fly with a full belly so picture about 1000+ birds, all taking off at one time, scared to hell, and at about 20 feet off the ground, every single stinking stupid one of em takes a flying crap....

I sat in my cruiser thinking I was gonna be at the damn car-wash for a month getting that thing clean and once the rush was over, I cringingly stepped out to take a look at the damage as the guys on the equipment laughed and all looked over at me.

Not one single turd had hit my cruiser...not ONE...I was absolutely dumbfounded for a second there and as the workers all were looking my way anyway, I shouted over to em - "Even the BIRDS around here know who not to crap on in THIS state"...lol

I considered it a lucky day and didn't do the siren thing anymore near the landfill... :))

Edited by Sharkey

So posted this on my FB, and then realized my VERY community conscious bosses might read it.... I had to modify that post to escape ownership. We'll see if it flys...

You ought to know better than to post that on F.B. it's gotten quite a few called into the Sgt's office   C:-)

Edited by Zebra644

I don't understand the title of this post . How did he project to you he hated you or am I missing some thing ?  To me he just didn't understand what you were trying to communicate to him. 

Title should read " Coffee hater ".

I can tell you this , just about every one (that's not an LE ) gets freaked when they are noticed by an LE. I have a story about me a couple of years ago , I had just got over the state line in OHIO ( my home state ) on the way to hunt camp & had been driving for about 12 hr's , when I passed a OSHP & I saw hime pull out & since it was 0200 , &  I was the only one on the road but him ,I knew I was going to get pulled over for some thing , that's a gimme, sure enough as soon as he was behind me long enough to check my plates , the lights came on & I pulled over .

I have nothing to hide ,but still felt nervous , asked what was up & he said I had no license plate lights , I knew they worked before I left Florida , they must have both went out at the same time , I told him I had a CWP & that there were other firearms in the truck , so he put me in the back of the cruiser while he went through my truck ( He didn't find all the firearms I had in there) & no big deal , he ran what ser. # 's of the firearms he pulled out & of course , they were clean  , but I still felt like some thing bad was going to come out of it . Could have been because I was overly tired or just the way LE is perceived by most , because I have talked to a lot of people since then & to the person , they are all freaked when pulled over or when an LE just asks them some thing .They watch TV & there are some things, when growing up with local PD's that don't help .

I even talked to the officer & he said most feel apprehensive around LE . I even have a FOP emblem on my license plate for the range . Good guy though , let me go & said he liked my guns, especially the 870 with the Magpul stock set on it , they had just cmd out with them , I like to think ,its the first he had seen them .

So all you LE out there , cut us some slack   <laughs>

FYI OSP are dicks and are known for BS Probable Cause to stop a car, I bet your LP lights were just fine. When I pull over a car for equiptment violations and the driver doesn't know about the issue, I have them step out of the car so I can show them and I issue a written warning to keep OSP from giving them a ticket.

In 1984 I'd just bought a new Buick (POS and last GM I ever bought) and kinda got in a little speeding dual (not racing really) with a guy in a new Olds on I-275.

When we passed an on ramp two Florida State Troopers were waiting for us. One got me and one got the Olds.

The trooper walked up to my window and asked for my documents. He then proceeded to sternly inform me that I'd been clocked at 87mph.

I told him "that's funny, my speedometer said I was doing 90".

His face cracked and he started laughing. He then explained how I was caught by their airplane using a stopwatch and the Xs on the highway.

Still got the ticket but it wasn't a tense situation.

I now slow down if I see Xs on the highway.

Edited by Microgunner

I am not bothered by LE at all been stopped alot in my days used to have very very long hair and I have more black ink on me than the Bill of rights but why did that OSP, have the right to search your car????? he would not have searched mine without a warrant. I always am polite and I co-operate with them all , always inform them I am packing and of other guns i may have but I also hold them accountable for their actions and have been to talk with many of their superiors for what I thought was heavy handedness.....

Can you believe I get paid for this shiit?

Worked a year for the local cop union, picking up donations for the Shop-With-A-Cop program.  Rode my '83 R80ST, they paid gas, maintenance, and for every donation picked up.

I felt the same way…"I get paid for this?"

Also got ignored by the motorcops while doing that.  :banana:

Been a motor since 06. So far I've been on a Harley 96" and 103", the BMW 1100 and 1150, and now I'm on a Honda ST1300.

Can you believe I get paid for this shiit?

Living the dream! There are moto deputy's in neighboring county's ours has one or two but don't see them as much as Dane co (Madison area). In the spring and late fall they put on the maylay for pull overs people aren't expecting them. Idk how they do it tho I'd hate to know winters coming and I gotta sit in a cage the next 5-6 months. All the bikes here are Harleys being it's wi ultra classic type. I get a chuckle when you pass an officer and he's got the top bag open typing away on the computer just so odd looking lol.

Ps one of my favorite smoky and the bandit line "we gotta bear in the grass with a kickstand up his ass"

The Harleys were the most comfortable, but only for the first 8 hours. I rode for 12 hour shifts. After 8 hours on the Harley, riding aggressively, you feel every bump in the road. Since you sit like a chair position, all the impacts go straight into your spine.

The BMW was a lot more agile and a hair faster... still slow as fukc. Although it was pretty easy to get the front tire up when I wanted. Because your feet are under you in a "riding" position it's a lot easier to absorb impacts with your legs. That let me ride longer. Still, even the 1150 was sloooooooooooow... The other tough part was that our BMWs were maintenance hogs, always in the shop. At $125 per hour of labor, it was killing our budget. It cost $1200 to $2,000 for a clutch replacement, and I needed one of those almost every year.

The ST1300 is borderline suicidal fast. We had the option for the Kawasaki Concourse 1400, but agreed one of us would probably die. This Honda will not die either. I've been run over, I burnt the clutch in competition, and it'll still hit 135 on an empty Sunday morning freeway like it's a cruising speed. The Concourse is also a lot fatter in the rear, making lane splitting pretty hazardous. The Honda isn't as impressive looking as the Concourse or even the new BMW 1200, but performance and maintenance win out. A complete Honda clutch job is only $400. The only negative I find on the Honda is that because it's so easy to ride, I forget to stop and drink water. Often going 6-8 hours with nothing to drink. I got dehydrated so often that I had to schedule Starbucks meetings with my partner so that I'm forced to stop riding.

The 96" was the most impressive. It was bought by the previous regime, who allowed a stage 2 kit. It was thunderous loud. The only issue was no ABS. I didn't care at the time because I didn't know good they were. Now that I've had them for so long I couldn't go without.

When the 103" came out, the budget was low and the new chief wasn't a fan of a loud bike riding around town. We missed out on a lot of the bells and whistles. It eventually got the V&H pipes, but it was too little too late.

I love my twin cam 96, but the factory touring seats are pretty crappy. Evey winter I keep saying I'm going to send my seat to Mean City Cycles to have it redone with memory foam but it seems like I'm never off of it long enough to have the seat gone to be upgraded. That's what's nice about this part of the country, there really is no 'down season' for motorcycling.