Blades

Robocop1051

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

With butchering season upon me, I finally got around to trying out the Ken Onion Worksharp sharpening system I picked up a few months ago.  Initial impression is very good. Went through all the main kitchen knives and outdoor knives.  Followed the directions in the box and the results were quite good.  Seems to have done a bit better on the outdoor knives than the kitchen knives but no real complaints.  Was able to shave the hairs off the back of my arm with the outdoor knives I most use and carry.  Also felt like the very fine grit belt was pretty much shot by the time I got done.

knives.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Nice job, looks like a working knife now.

Thanks! I’ve never been able to warm up to the powder coat finishes. They feel like truck bed liner on the blade and I just love the way 1095 looks after it’s processed some game animals and done some kitchen duty. It’s been an almost daily user since getting it last October. Filing in the choil was fairly recent mod, something with the lines was irking me. 

Edited by JMJ

• 3 weeks later...

Got my second OTF auto today. Started following EK knives on Instagram a year or so ago they have a lot of really nice stuff most way more expensive than I could ever phantom but still nice to window shop. 
 Last fall around my birthday I decided I was going to buy myself an OTF auto, I’ve always wanted one but paying pistol money for a knife was somthing I couldn’t ever justify! I came across Kershaw’s and got that for myself and found it on EK’s website, which may have been a bad choice (they’re a great company) but now I was getting their weekly mailer. Last week I was browsing and came across this microtech mini hera II. I’d always wanted a micro tech, the blade was what I wanted and the price was where I liked. 

it’s a really nice knife, smaller than my kershaw but not to small, very smooth and fast, trigger is lighter than the kershaw too. I’ve yet to carry it yet but one thing I love about my kershaw is the canted clip, between that and the light weight I can hardly tell it’s there and never gets hung up when I reach in my pocket for somthing 

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg