Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/19/2023 at 12:34 AM, shooterrex said:

I like Gerber knives and have a few.

Picked up two from Swisstech.

D2 steel sharpened up real well. I'll get a kydex shieth made for the bigger one.

IMG_20230119_022905.jpg

IMG_20230119_022847.jpg

IMG_20230119_022807.jpg

Both of those are badass, brother.  I love a good Tanto blade, and that first one is just badass.  That second one is almost a Kukri - and I love those bastards, too.

Very nice - great scores.  Those are fine blades.  :hail::thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I bought this from a guy at church last Sunday.

IMG_20230502_210417.thumb.jpg.1b9ad3c8431f5cbfd30bec2802836274.jpg

Another view with different light.IMG_20230502_210332.thumb.jpg.3e144371b1e9ff26e13e70325a8ddbc4.jpg

I love his work - meticulous, and amazing.

This will make you happy - I found out where the bitch stashed it...   :lmao:

IMG_1105.thumb.JPG.36f15cc32712b7961f75ddd64567446d.JPG

IMG_1106.thumb.JPG.b70e088e4758407b77499cc80cc3f80d.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Curious what you fellas use for sharpening.  I've been using Arkansas stones forever, and they seem to work fairly well.  But, I'm not getting the razor sharp edge to shave the hair off the back of my arm from my current knives. I remember achieving that level of sharpness from basic Barlows and Old Timers I carried as a kid and sharpened on little 1" x 3" whetstones that came from who knows where.

6 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Curious what you fellas use for sharpening.  I've been using Arkansas stones forever, and they seem to work fairly well.  But, I'm not getting the razor sharp edge to shave the hair off the back of my arm from my current knives. I remember achieving that level of sharpness from basic Barlows and Old Timers I carried as a kid and sharpened on little 1" x 3" whetstones that came from who knows where.

I have been using ceramic rods for the last few years.

I have a kit that holds them at two different angles, but I use them freehand most of the time. 

there are two different grits of rods in my kit, fine and super fine, hardware store double sided stone for tougher jobs. 

I confess.  After making that previous post, I went off the deep end watching Youtube knife sharpening videos & went & ordered an electric Ken Onion Work Sharp knife sharpener which utilizes abrasive belts from Midway.  I've got a couple of Ken Onion designed knives I like a lot.  My rationalization basically being If it works half as good as the reviews indicate, the time savings alone should be worth it.  I use a $hit ton of knives in the kitchen and it normally takes me about a day every 4-6 months.  Can change the angle to do hunting knives, regular kitchen knives and Japanese style knives.   I'll give a report if it's worth the $140 after it arrives and I've used it enough to develop an opinion.

• 1 month later...