• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blades

Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know that Hogue made knives until I started working with Jesse Rooke in 2016.  He knew one of the super high-ups in Hogue, with the last name of Hogue, and brought him over to the shop several times.  We had all the Hogue Knives catalogs, and if we wanted something, we'd tell Jesse, and it would be there at the shop in a few days.  We'd just pay Jesse for the knives.  We got them stupid-cheap. 

RIP, brother - wish you were still around.  Not for knives, just for you, man.  :hail:

• 4 weeks later...

Had to get a new folder…last one finally fell apart. Nothing special, but it fit what I was willing to spend. I couldn’t find a 4” blade that was 50/50 serrated like my last one…maybe I can take this somewhere and have that added sometime. I treat it like a multi tool. It digs holes, cuts basic stuff. The serrations allowed me to still cut through garbage even when it’s a bit dull. I’m gonna miss those until then.  I like the locking mechanism on this one so far. Works about like the mag release on an AR. Button in the round pushes out the rectangular lock on the other side. 

F5953F36-C62E-4EE4-A853-0B4D6EE50273.jpeg

0C9747AB-4B59-429B-ACA0-CAC738B7232C.jpeg

I went on a sog bender due to inflation of everything and price checked on line. My known offender store had a sog priced at double! So I broke protocol and went online and paid half price for what was assumed the knife I looked at.. wrong serial # still a nice new knife. But what I was after was still found at half the price locally at a (box store) so to speak. Pretty put off about a 100 year tradition store being so out of touch but the times are gone. 

I had to work the new knife for the last week, every night to get the knife to function well 🙃  I like it . Sog Terminus xr lte is what it says on the box . The other is a vision xr. With a tanto point. Not what I wanted but ready to go out of the box.. adding pics suck! Fix it please. 

22 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@beachmaster did you make it to Blade Show Texas last weekend?  I grew up in FW and live about an hour away.  I had plans to go but life got in the way.

So I drove all the way down just for Blade- then got food poisoning and wasn't even able to really walk the first day, so I got an unplanned hotel room and felt better the next morning, so I went back...

about 20 minutes into which I started puking and got another unplanned hotel....

and then I left. I was REALLY wanted to get some good content from the channel and the gram, and more importantly I wanted to promote and get people involved with the knife news update... The show was an absolute bust haha

1 hour ago, beachmaster said:

So I drove all the way down just for Blade- then got food poisoning and wasn't even able to really walk the first day, so I got an unplanned hotel room and felt better the next morning, so I went back...

about 20 minutes into which I started puking and got another unplanned hotel....

and then I left. I was REALLY wanted to get some good content from the channel and the gram, and more importantly I wanted to promote and get people involved with the knife news update... The show was an absolute bust haha

Well, that sucks.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personalized a set of ESEE knives for my niece to be, they get married in June but she has been at every family holiday since their freshman year and they are finishing up their first year as teachers so she's been my niece for near a decade now in my book. Farm girl, always working with her man on the farm but I noticed she always asks someone for a knife when she needs one. I tried to dye things her wedding colors but the large scales are the only material that got close, the scabbard barely took any color and only on the trim, the small knife scale went almost black and it is the one I didn't think would take color. It's gonna piss off the nephew but I'm gonna give her lifetime sharpening for them, I showed the nephew many times over the years but kinda cut him off so he would learn for himself, I just wannna make it handy for her to carry a knife wherever she goes.

IMG_4528.thumb.jpg.6a6fb2a07866896c61781512a77354c0.jpgIMG_4527.thumb.jpg.d7303e6ac9b1fba733c006ec1a2baac7.jpgIMG_4530.thumb.jpg.a43594c94c71399336a44b43d69e1998.jpgIMG_4529.thumb.jpg.1fc0d0c412119112c8a24ab2ee421f88.jpg