• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stopping Power

2. human tissue can expand and contract with out damage :ask any woman who has been pregnant.

A woman's cervix and vagina are designed to expand during childbirth, this is normal. A person's chest cavity is not designed to be torn open and expanded, this is abnormal.

So, what in the hell are you babbling about?

Edited by Microgunner

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss of the majority of your brain and all of you torso encapsulated organs will still not prevent you from wreaking indescribable havoc and mayhem in a very short amount of time.

True that! Early in my career we had a guy commit suicide with a shotgun. He blew a softball sized hole in his face and took out the front two thirds of his brain. Dude lived for 45 minutes after pulling the trigger!

I regularly deal with a guy who put a .357 in his mouth, flinched, and blew the front of his forehead off. Missing the front lobe of his brain didn't make him any less of an asshole.

I've never shot a person. Hopefully I never have to. Lord knows he's given me the opportunity, I just made different choices in those situations... that being said... I have shot the fuckk out of God's furry creatures. Bears, deer, pigs, rabbits, squirrels all found their way into my scope.

Squirrel shots are the best example of bullet wounds. I go on yearly squirrel hunts where we shoot 200-300 little buggers in a weekend. I've been going on that shoot for nearly 20 years. I've honestly shot thousands of them. You can't deny the results as you switch rifles. Hitting a squirrel with a 32gr .22lr HP at 1200 fps and hitting a squirrel with a 45gr .221 Fireball, or even a .223 varmint grenade, traveling near 3800 fps, makes a significantly different wound. Despite being a similar weight projectile, the former makes a small pop, often blasting guts all over. The later rips the little bodies into pieces, exploding parts in multiple directions. The waves of "hydrostatic shock" often vaporizes the squirrel into unidentifiable parts. I can tell you from experience, a .221 Fireball does more damage to a squirrel than a .308 155gr tactical round.

I regularly deal with a guy who put a .357 in his mouth, flinched, and blew the front of his forehead off. Missing the front lobe of his brain didn't make him any less of an center of uranus

Alot of good info here Robocop, but I have to admit the biggest thing that i took from this is that a lobotomydoes not in fact fix a persons personality issues lol

When it's you'r time,it's you'r time.Wife told me about the guy that was loading drywall in a 50 story highrise in New Jersy.Guy on the upper floor droped his tape measure fell 50 stories, bounced off the side of the building and hit the guy loading drywall that didn't have his hardhat on.We were hoisting over the weekend and I told one of the guys to toss me a tape.It was off the 4th floor and I tried to catch it and it sure was a fukin stinger.Was only a 25 ft. tape.I'm thinkin even with a hardhat it woulda split the guys head wide open.

When it's you'r time,it's you'r time.

As much as people may dismiss this, it sure seems to be the truth. As I have referenced in my previous post, I have interviewed people who have been turned into a human colanders and still walking around and I have seen autopsies and reports of a one shot deaths for dinky .380 and .32 H&Rs and other weird stuff most people would have walked away from.  It is nuts.  The human body is a magnificent thing. 

I am still not ready to CCW a .22lr though.

Edited by StainTrain

We had a regular customer that had managed to get himself between two guys that decided to shoot it out. This customer took a 45 acp in one temple and the bullet exited his opposite temple. His forehead was all kinds of distorted but otherwise he seemed OK. Freaky.

This is the difference between what most people would think is a CNS shot - the brain is the main part of the Central Nervous System, right?! 

No, it's not.  At least, not every part of the brain.  When it's headshot time, you cannot count on just any part of the head.  That's where the T-Zone comes in (from the front), or the top of their ear (from the side), or directly in the middle of their head (from the rear).  You need to fuk up the Medulla Oblongata - the brain stem.

Park 'em.  <thumbsup>

Edited by 98Z5V

the poop my dad has lived through astounds me. aside from 2 tours in nam...aside from spending a few years in a certain notorious nor cal federal prison...aside from driving (crashing) race cars his whole life....aside from being a chain smoker and alcoholic...aside from beating cancer at least once that I know about...

few years ago he was cleaning the house. his dog tripped him up and he went head first through a fish tank. arteries in his throat were cut, and veins in his arm were severed. he wrapped himself in towels while his girlfriend at the time called 911. he says he remembers the emt saying "oh she!t" when he walked in. he woke in the ambulance as the EMT pronounced him gone. he woke up again in the E room right as the surgeon pronounced him dead. he woke up 2 days later with a slight slur and some ugly scars. when I joke about it, he just says he has too much hate to die lol.

the poop my dad has lived through astounds me. aside from 2 tours in nam...aside from spending a few years in a certain notorious nor cal federal prison...aside from driving (crashing) race cars his whole life....aside from being a chain smoker and alcoholic...aside from beating cancer at least once that I know about...

few years ago he was cleaning the house. his dog tripped him up and he went head first through a fish tank. arteries in his throat were cut, and veins in his arm were severed. he wrapped himself in towels while his girlfriend at the time called 911. he says he remembers the emt saying "oh she!t" when he walked in. he woke in the ambulance as the EMT pronounced him gone. he woke up again in the E room right as the surgeon pronounced him dead. he woke up 2 days later with a slight slur and some ugly scars. when I joke about it, he just says he has too much hate to die lol.

Your dad is one tough mofo.....did the dog and the fish make it?

he was telling me he pulled himself carefully off the glass shards and went chin to chest. walked to the bathroom and grabbed the towels and packed them around his neck and sat at the kitchen table expecting to die. While sitting there he noticed blood spurting onto the wall in front of him. he couldn't move his head, but he glanced down and realized his arm was torn open and had his gf bring him another towel. luckily there is a sheriff sub station 2 min. from his house that happened to have an ambulance.parked there or I would have been going to a funeral instead of coming home on leave to party before deployment.

• 3 weeks later...

The plate carrier won't help...  I'm just sayin'...

I'm getting SOMETHING NEW for you bastards coming to this next meet.  Just wait and see.  Shoot it if you have the balls.  Shoot it more than once if you don't have any common sense...  <dontknow> <lmao>

The plate carrier won't help...  I'm just sayin'...

I'm getting SOMETHING NEW for you bastards coming to this next meet.  Just wait and see.  Shoot it if you have the balls.  Shoot it more than once if you don't have any common sense...  <dontknow> <lmao>

I'll encourage my 17yo to shoot it. HAHA