• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stopping Power

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lowlife shoot two rounds of 25 auto at my patrol car while it was parked in my driveway. One left a 3" skidmark in the quarterpanel and the other didn't even hit the car. It went over the top and lodged about 1/2" into my pine front door!

When we found out who did it I went HUNTING for that pieceofshitmutherfucker :bat: but he had hightailed it to California! I told the chief that if he showed back up in town and came and complained that I had beat him half to death he wasn't going to be lying! The chief's response was "Don't blame you kiddo!" <lmao>

25 ACP is just about worthless!

Edited by 392heminut

I don't personally know Ma Duce, nor do I personally know any of the other members.

I DO know myself!

i;m bi-polar, and have OCD.   When I decide on a route, I almost NEVER diviate, for any reason.

There were times in my life that I owned only one gun, usually a Ruger Standard auto.  It went with me , everywhere.

I had, on one occasion, to put down two of a friend dogs.   They were running loose, and a danger.  One shot each, between the eyes, and an inch high.   I also shot a jackrabbit that I hit 9 times, and still didn't kill it.

Here in Colorado, we had a pack of half-wolves that the owner just abandoned.    The locals(police and humaine) could do nothing!   Finnaly, the Ute indians hired a helicopter and a gunner, and put the whole pack down.

I was attaccked, once, buy a pack of wild dogs.  Luckly, I was armed with a Colt 1911, and several spare mags.

The last one was almost right at me,  my shot was straight down, through the top of his head.   About 6" from my leg.

Out of respect, I will not doubt MaDuces account, without more information.

Respectfully

Terry

Thats the problem!    true wild dog would not be  fiere.   The semi demostiated dog has lost all fear of man, and in  pack situation woud as soon attack s run.

I know, here ,in the wilds of southwestern Colordo, we have to deal with more than our share of abandonded dogs and cats.

Shoot, dig, forget.

Respectfully

Terry

Here's something my mom says when she visits....

"boy.... you're so fat.... must eat! Must eat!" 

I can't understand the philosophy of this statement and my wife gets a chuckle out of it all the time, but I think this explains the pic of chubs up there.

P.S. apologies for derailing the thread.

Edited by shibiwan

At a certain point, it is not hard to take some stories with a huge grain of salt. I have been attacked by dogs twice in my younger days, but they were both in an urban setting, by individual dogs. I find it hard to beli ve that if a pack of wild dogs were attacking people, that the DNR or local government wouldn't be set to exterminate them. With all due respect Ma Deuce, it is a tough story to believe. But I have never lived in rural Florida either.

They didn't in Alabama or Georgia in the 80's, you were on your own. We had to deal with this in Georgia when I was growing up on the farm. We were told to handle it.

At Ft. Benning in the 80's when a pack was sighted out on the ranges the MP's would try and kill as many as they could. They were a menace.

Just do a search on "Ga. Couple Mauled to Death by Wild Dog Pack" and "feral dog pack attacks" Try one for coyotes too you'll get some hits.

Edited by Grey Wolf

They didn't in Alabama or Georgia in the 80's, you were on your own. We had to deal with this in Georgia when I was growing up on the farm. We were told to handle it.

At Ft. Benning in the 80's when a pack was sighted out on the ranges the MP's would try and kill as many as they could. They were a menace.

Just do a search on "Ga. Couple Mauled to Death by Wild Dog Pack" and "feral dog pack attacks" Try one for coyotes too you'll get some hits.

Like I said, I never lived in rural Florida. Maybe it happens there. I did live in rural northwoods Wisconsin and Northwoods Minnesota, and for all the wolves, coyotes and dogs I have seen, I have never been attacked, except by two inner city dogs at two separate times. In Minnesota, if a warden finds dogs chasing deer, they by law have to shoot them. To Be honest you probably do have a better chance of being attacked by a pack of dogs than a pack of wolves or coyotes. I have been surrounded by coyotes while field dressing a deer and never felt threatened. They just waited to get to the gut pile. Now Cougars? They are another story. I have watched one shadow me out in Montana on a backpacking trip, and he wasn't particularly afraid, and didn't seem to care I saw him. I Was packing a .357 with jacketed soft points and was glad I had it. He finally left after an hour of following me. From my experience, I would take a story about wild dog attacks with a grain of salt, because it does not fit my experience. But I certainly don't rule it out completely.

When I was a teenage sidewalk commando,had a motherfuker from the westside shoot at me and my bro.Bro was hit and I still don't know how I wasn't as I could hear the rounds wizz by me.Ceasar was killed by a .25 ACP.

And that's why I'm here to watch you're back brother. Just say the word......and a drunken friend will show up.

I'm feelin the love my brothers.I am so lucky to be in the company of you guys.But I knew I had to change my life I had only 2 ways to go,the pen or the grave.I was so stupid back then didn't know $hit about first-aid.When I saw Ceaser on the ground trying to talk,blood coming out of his mouth i could do nothing to help him.There he drew his last breath.I'll see him again and I'll have to say I'm sorry for not being able to help him.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, if you are lucky, you get one good well placed shot. After that, you loose any element of surprise that you might have had in any situation. People don't like being shot, and they are naturally pretty good at avoiding it. Therefor, for your one good shot, I want to have as much damage on target as possible.

The other important thing to remember, is that no matter how much you talk about shot placement, even if you are shooting a laser beam in Halo, you don't get to pin point your enemies eye ball. You shoot what you can, when you get the chance, and if you get another chance you take it, and you keep shooting until the situation is rectified or you are dead, or someone has ran and can no longer be shot. You do not get into a firefight and say... I am going to aim for his for his third inner costal space on his right side... you shoot center mass. If you are lucky, you hit. Somewhere. If you are not, you go to plan b, which is try something different, and get him again.

The mentality of "shot placement is key" is irritating to me, because beyond the fact that it is clearly common sense, in reality, it just doesn't work that way. You take what you get, and that is that. If I am only going to land one shot, and it is going to be to some guys shoulder, do I want to hit with a 22lr, a 9mm, a 45acp, a .308, or a 50 BMG? Seemingly complicated issues are usually easier to understand when they are over exadderated. So in this case, I want the 50 BMG. If that shot hit the toe, what caliber do I want? 50 BMG.

Big hole or small hole? Big hole. Heavy bullet or light? Heavy. Head shot, or Center Mass? Center Mass! (the last ? is a trick one btw)

That being said, could I be killed by a 22 Short from 100 yards instantly? Sure. Could I survive a shot from a 50 BMG point blank? Yup. Its a game of odds. If my wifes, or my own life is on the line, I want the best odds I can get.

Edited by beachmaster