• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So whats everyones plans for the weekend?

Toolndie7

The woman and I are heading out to an island where I spent a lot of time as a kid to see some family members I dont get to see very often. Wont be as much trigger pulling as I like but hey,  We may head back to the mainland fri to watch the Bristol,RI 4th of july parade. Americas oldest 4th celebration then its just fun and sun.   

What are you guys doing?

We always go to my towns parade on the fourth, not sure when fire works are (fri night or Sunday night). Saturday I've got a kickball tournament and Sunday will probably be a recovery day. I really need to get some trigger time in soon!!

Cook a turkey on the GM,kids are coming over.Hit a monster fukin hole in the street going to work this morning.Trans went out,just got it off Lake Shore Dr..Hopin it's just the pan and I didn't finish it off by getting to a side street.Waited 2 1/2 hrs. for a tow,truck shows up and it had trans problems.Truck had no reverse had to push car to flatbed.Barely made it to the garage.Fuckin around from 5am till 9am,suck factor was high today.To top it off we went by where the fukin hole was to take a picture and it was filled.There was no warning at all the hole was there. :rant2:

Cook a turkey on the GM,kids are coming over.Hit a monster fukin hole in the street going to work this morning.Trans went out,just got it off Lake Shore Dr..Hopin it's just the pan and I didn't finish it off by getting to a side street.Waited 2 1/2 hrs. for a tow,truck shows up and it had trans problems.Truck had no reverse had to push car to flatbed.Barely made it to the garage.Fuckin around from 5am till 9am,suck factor was high today.To top it off we went by where the fukin hole was to take a picture and it was filled.There was no warning at all the hole was there.

that fukin sucks. Sounds like Rhode Island roads

this is our state tree

medium_orange-barrel.png

Got car back,got to get the transflushed next week to get rid of the burnt fluid that might be in there.New pan has a drain.Guys said trans could last 2 weeks or 2 yrs WTF.Bro at the garage got on it right away ^-^ .I'm hopin I can drive till my time is up,don't want a car note.Upgraded AAA for 100 mile tow for extra $20.00.Expensive day $100.00 tow,$300.00 repaire,and days wages.I hope everyone and you'r families have a great 4th <thumbsup> .Sorry for derailing this thread. :hethan:

No plans for the 4th, growing up, my family never did anything and especially not go to see the fireworks. My dad said it just sounded like Iwo Jima (WWII) on a slow day. And my mom survived fleeing ahead of the advancing Russian front through Prussia and East Germany (WWII), so she wasn't a big fan of fireworks, either.

Spending it at my home away from home in Houston, MS. Looks like  cool mornings over the holiday weekend so I'll be on the range by 5:30 AM testing out the 4 different loads I bought from Freedom Munitions to see what the AR-10 likes best and then blowing of some ball I have along. I'll spend the hot parts of the day putting all the parts of a new rifle together. Can't think of a better way to celebrate freedom than putting an AR-15 together!

I'll post the results on the ammo.........175 gr match, 155 gr BTHP, 168 and 155 gr. A-max. All re-manufactured stuff.

Edited by jtallen83

My family and I are meeting up with a buddy and his wife to shoot some pdogs and have a good time!  Going to get to try out the 260 I just put together with a dpms 24" barrel.  It's turning out to be a tack driver so hope to get some long range dogs!

Nothing planned as of yet. Probably do some grilling on the 4th and then go watch the Chamber of Commerce fireworks show, watch THEIR money go up in smoke! Saturday I plan on shooting a USPSA match in Las Cruces.

Good luck brother,have a good time. <thumbsup>