• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel Dampener for harmonics

Gibbs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now!  Not all government employees need be tuning material................. I just needed a job,

I don't claim to like it, :rant2:

I love my job and I consider it an honor even after almost two decades.  I wanted to serve this great Nation regardless of the current funk it appears to be in.  If good people that love the Constitution and Freedom don't take jobs in the public trust, then what will we be left with.....?  

Edited by StainTrain

I love my job and I consider it an honor even after almost two decades.  I wanted to serve this great Nation regardless of the current funk it appears to be in.  If good people that love the Constitution and Freedom don't take jobs in the public trust, then what will we be left with.....?  

I love the actual work, witnessing the waste firsthand can be very demoralizing at times though. From what I've seen so far those "good people" are few and far between. Wish I could elaborate without losing the job but big brother is always watching  :bat:

I need something to dampen my harmonics...........have to keep those groups tight.

Edited by jtallen83

I love my job and I consider it an honor even after almost two decades. I wanted to serve this great Nation regardless of the current funk it appears to be in. If good people that love the Constitution and Freedom don't take jobs in the public trust, then what will we be left with.....?

This is why I'm doing it, thanks Stain, I still love my job regardless of the boss or public perception

Seems like the BS the country is in, is hopefully, just going through a cycle & will have people with brains being elected in the next election cycle . 

Well, some of the items came today from Amazon.com.  I got in 2 ea 5/8 -24 thread jam nuts from Amazon.  Waiting for a good brake now to continue on with some ideas and trials.  Took the DPMS flash hider off inside the house and noticed something really odd on the end.  Will probably just ask about it in another thread. 

• 1 month later...

Back on the original topics of using those rubber doughnut thingies to adjust barrel harmonics - back when I was a lot younger and took ad hype seriously, i tried one of them on a Ruger 77 in 7mm Mag. They actually do work. I spent a day tuning my favorite handload (which started out shooting 1.35" 10 rd groups) and seriously abused my shoulder for about 3 hours moving the darned thing about a tenth of an inch at a time. I finally got it grouping around .9" (average of 3 10 rd groups).  Being real young & dumb, I was real pleased with that .4" (even when my longest shot on any game animal had been about 200 yards). I cleaned my gun and put it back in it's case (old soft-side case) and headed home.  By the time I got home the darned doughnut had slid back down that tapered barrel till it was flopping loose.  I cussed a lot, took the darn thing and through it in the trash and have never been quite so gullible since. :cookoo: