• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Just wanted to check on my Phoenix area brothers.

AdamO

Couldn't get to work today - going in through the Res, road was shut down.  Called in to tell them I'd be late, no idea when I'd get in because I had to turn around - they told me I-10 was closed, and not to worry about it.  Free day off, in a way.  $hit was bad, with some areas getting 5" of rain dumped on them. 

"It's a dry heat" went out the window this year. We've been getting a bunch of great rain, at least around me in the SE valley.

I woke up to my dog barking and went to see what was up thinking it was the lightning, but she had her head out the dog door and was barking at the water on the patio. It was 1/2in away from coming over the footing. I ended up having to push broom it off the patio and put a bunch of potting soil bags in the way of the flow. 

I then used all the puddles and running water on the streets this morning as a free way to wash the mud off my truck. It's amazing how much standing water this is around town. The retention basin/park near me is completely full and its probably 15ft below street level and a couple of acres in size. Full to the brim.

Damn. I didnt know Tucson was getting it that bad. Were getting a steady soaking down where im at. The San Pedro is running pretty hard and cloud cover was all the way down at the base of the Huachucas when I left work. Lots of standing water in the roads..

Edited by AdamO

We got totally rerouted off 22nd St where that lady drowned today...washed downstream, pinned under water against a bridge.

Took us an hour to get from 22nd/Wilmot to Glenn/Campbell...about 4 miles.

I was mobbin the work truck up and down Broadway and 22nd all day today. like a mobile tsunami! it was a good time. 26000 lbs makes a nice wake in a flash flood.

This is my front yard. Water is around 3' deep (considering the mounds with the trees are about 4' tall). Thankfully the front yard doubles up as a flood runoff area. Roads immediately around us were closed this morning. It's never been this full.

20140908_140757.jpg

20140908_140728.jpg

Edited by shibiwan

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink !

Yesterday morning had water to the curb street flooded. 3 inches in the backyard. 4 inches in the side yard. I think there is a crack in the foundation have a water spot on the floor.

Trees down in the neighborhood. The collection yard by the strip mall was 3 feet deep and two trees fell. The collection yard next to Warner 1/4 mile long 100 feet wide and 6 plus feet deep !

A$$holes driving like complete dickheads yesterday. 4x4's spraying everyone.

Even saw a cop stop a old guy open carrying while walking down a main street.