• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision - A couple of observations

Croaker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the only issues you have with this rifle...then dam man what do you drive a Rolls Royce?  Seems a little nitpicky to me.

Almost every manufacturer in 308 ARs have a different way to go about doing things.  Most have proprietary parts as there really isn't a "milspec" standard in the industry as far as I know in the 308 platform.  Everything Ive read from Aero is top notch and Im thinking on building my next rifle from Aero parts. 

Edited by BigP623

I agree with the above post , these are minor & the 308AR is not a MilSpec weapon system & some AR 15 parts will not fit all of the different 308 AR's out there . Just the way it is .

Protect the Upper Receiver & use a Dremel to cut the end of the spring off flush with the port opening , I personally would remove the spring to do it or see if another spring has less of a tail on it .

Most here have to align two springs when we replace the grips , if you want , drill & tap your Lower for a set screw & shorter spring , I'm sure there;s videos on line with the procedure or call /email Areo & they may have the service & i'm sure they will fix the spring also .

I see you aren't very particular....

Go ahead and when you do I invite you to close your eyes and swipe your fingers thru the port door - be sure to ride the lower edge and do it fast.  Then get out your files and hack up some parts so they fit.

I just don't like design stupidity in things I spend hard earned cash on. 

xxx I deleted what I really think of that comment xxx

a Rolls? you've got to be kidding

8_zps55f63cf7.jpg

This post from you just told me everything I need to know.

Doesn't the selector spring extend into the grip? The 4-40 screw is meant for the takedown pin detent. Easy to simply tap that with your hand and then cut about 1/4" off the takedown detent spring before putting the modded spring/setscrew together.

Your right, I got them mixed up in my haste.

Edited by Croaker

Sooooo if the upper was a stripped upper was the port door assembly also bought from aero or was it from another company? Did you install it right? If so like stated before it seems like a pretty simple fix and kinda nit picky,There could be way worse wrong?!

Edited by shepp

Is this your first billet receiver set?

I agree the spring sticks out a bit, but the fix is so simple it's not worth addressing. You don't have to bend anything, just remove the cover and wind the spring an extra rotation. That'll give you more tension AND shrink down the small arm.

As for the raised area for the grip... I have to disagree with you there. Why is a receiver mfgr required to make their product compatible with a $15 or $20 grip? Honestly, if I were the manufacturer, I'd only check my receiver against the A2 grip and then maybe a handful of Magpul grips.

Having owned MANY billet receivers, some fitting is usually required when building.

I agree the spring sticks out a bit, but the fix is so simple it's not worth addressing. You don't have to bend anything, just remove the cover and wind the spring an extra rotation. That'll give you more tension AND shrink down the small arm.

Agreed, kinda what I was thinking too Edited by shepp

Pile on while you can boys.

When I joined here, it was with the spirit of learning and helping out.

I also thought there are a couple people I might know from Greeley with similar interests.

I thought I would find enough intelligent ones that I could tolerate the others.

Although there are a lot of decent guys here, they are in the minority. It seems there are a few that want to dominant most posts and need to be in charge – ok, fine, it’s your board.  

I’ve read enough posts here that I have also formed an opinion and I’ve decided I don’t need to bow to associate with the local elite and I don’t have time to bicker with assholes.

Go ahead and hit the ban button, like you do, it’ll feel good and reinforce your power.

I have better places to spend my time - I’m outta here.

Pile on while you can boys.

When I joined here, it was with the spirit of learning and helping out.

I also thought there are a couple people I might know from Greeley with similar interests.

I thought I would find enough intelligent ones that I could tolerate the others.

Although there are a lot of decent guys here, they are in the minority. It seems there are a few that want to dominant most posts and need to be in charge – ok, fine, it’s your board.

I’ve read enough posts here that I have also formed an opinion and I’ve decided I don’t need to bow to associate with the local elite and I don’t have time to bicker with assholes.

Go ahead and hit the ban button, like you do, it’ll feel good and reinforce your power.

I have better places to spend my time - I’m outta here.

Looks like we have to quote everything before people decide to "Hillary Clinton" their records

Well everyone can thank Croaker for his input. I will never censor anyone's post here... well except 98Z5V...

Looks like I have to rethink people's need to edit a post. Obviously we all make mistakes/typos... so a generous 30 minute window will suffice.

We're all adults here, and ultimately responsible for the diarrhea we spew from time to time.

None of us are immune to the "Caca Della Boca"

Damn, we broke him. He busted up easily. What a vagina.

I'm bummed, I wanted to tell him to send his stuff back too. Looks FUBAR to me. LOL

I really have to wonder the ages of some folks who post stuff on forums. They really must "live" in fantasy land. I'm 51 and think I know the differences between quality goods and serious douchebaggery in general. Are these younger guys, who are from the me, me, I, I generation? Epic fail. Are these the same people at the range with scoped AR's and AK's bench firing at the 25 yard targets? I wonder?

YMMV