• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

To the two new guys , welcome. 

PSA may have corrected it tollarance issues with there gen2 receivers !?!?! Good news if you bought both upper and lower from PSA. Make sure all of the parts are PSA parts. PSA doesn't play well with any other manufacturer's parts.

Thank You for the welcome Sir...

Just picked the lower up from FFL looked it over lubed and pinned, very little movement if any, cycles fine W/out any ammo or Mag as of now.. Super sales on blk fri but nothing in stock all comin they say. My 16" 5.56 reminds me of driving a 327 Acadian 4spd this has 2b a 74 Monte Carlo 454. No pics since all here know what they look like.. I'm pleased so far. 

27 minutes ago, Reg said:

Just picked the lower up from FFL looked it over lubed and pinned, very little movement if any, cycles fine W/out any ammo or Mag as of now.. Super sales on blk fri but nothing in stock all comin they say. My 16" 5.56 reminds me of driving a 327 Acadian 4spd this has 2b a 74 Monte Carlo 454. No pics since all here know what they look like.. I'm pleased so far. 

We all know what tits look like too... but we're not turning down the opportunity to see a new pair!!!

10 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

To the two new guys , welcome. 

PSA may have corrected it tollarance issues with there gen2 receivers !?!?! Good news if you bought both upper and lower from PSA. Make sure all of the parts are PSA parts. PSA doesn't play well with any other manufacturer's parts.

Thank You for the welcome Sir...  Just picked the lower up from FFL looked it over lubed and pinned, very little movement if any, cycles fine W/out any ammo or Mag as of now.. Super sales on fri but nothing in stock all comin they say. My 16" 5.56 reminds me of driving a 327 Acadian chevy 11 

20161201_224351 (1).jpg

17 minutes ago, Reg said:

Thank You for the welcome Sir...  Just picked the lower up from FFL looked it over lubed and pinned, very little movement if any, cycles fine W/out any ammo or Mag as of now.. Super sales on fri but nothing in stock all comin they say. My 16" 5.56 reminds me of driving a 327 Acadian chevy 11 

upper is 5lbs 8.3 oz

20161201_225809.jpg

Edited by Reg

10 hours ago, Reg said:

OK what happened to my pic?20161201_224351 (1).jpg

Reg   by the looks of the pic your upper/lower set needs some oil rubbed on it...new anodizing or sometimes anodizing thats a lil sub par starves for oil...put some oil on the piece you.. will see how it will suck it up and make it look better while protecting        Wash

wouldnt hurt to oil up the rail too

Edited by washguy

20 hours ago, washguy said:

Reg   by the looks of the pic your upper/lower set needs some oil rubbed on it

Thanks washguy haven't done anything to it but pin it together for the pic. Still waiting for things to show up from slow lousy black fri shipping with fires blocking everything. I will give it a wipe prior to letting it rest in storage but am not a fan of too much oil on em. I am hoping the comment was a helpful one, for I feel one can be used as fodder if not a Gunney type on this site. I was Airforce 68 to 77 so know a bit about these. looking for a comment or two on the weight of the assy? Seems to be acceptable for a budget 308 W/forend and barrel from PA.  Thanks  

Edited by Reg

3 minutes ago, Reg said:

Thanks washguy haven't done anything to it but pin it together for the pic. Still waiting for things to show up from slow lousy black fri shipping with fires blocking everything. I will give it a wipe prior to letting it rest in storage but am not a fan of too much oil on em. I am hoping the comment was a helpful one, for I feel one can be used as fodder if not a Rich Gunney type on this site. I was Airforce 68 to 77 so know a bit about these. looking for a comment or two on the weight of the assy? Seems to be acceptable for a budget 308 W/forend and barrel from PA.  Thanks  

Welcome aboard Reg. Your PA10 looks great. Hopefully the issues have been resolved. I'm looking forward to your range report. Don't worry about being fodder. The guys on here are incredibly helpful to anyone with 308AR problems. If you only knew what people have been through with the original PA10, you'll understand where some of the comments have come from. And this forum IS Palmettos help desk! Take another hint from that Wash guy, run it WET!! Mobil1 full synthetic on the bolt carrier group. And I'm dead serious about the Mobil1 and run it WET! These monsters seem to like a lot of lube. Again welcome aboard, now go shoot the crap out of it. :fullauto:

Reg   after lookin at yours....It reminded me to start my yearly rubdown of my a'rs...here is one I rubbed down yesterday completely dry today....believe me ...You will know when your'e fodder here...lol...

As for weight ..if its fully built without optics thats a good weight for sure...this one in the pic is 8.5 pounds with optics and empty mag......but its a "Dikstroker special"...:banana:  Wash

20161204_123148.jpg

24 minutes ago, Thevolkp said:

Thanks all. I am hoping that the Gen2 version works out to be my Wisconsin deer hunting gun.  I  do have experience building AR15's so hopefully I can get it this working and reliable.  Just waiting to get my hands on it. 

Another cheese head, we're over running the joint!! The Volk isn't for Volk field is it??