• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lubricants

Wondered if anyone had any experience, positive or negative with Mil-Comm TW25B.  Just bought a trigger, and it's what LaRue usually carries.  They were out, but I found it easily on Amazon. Also an NC company, and I like to support local businesses.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love re-reading the old giant internet fights when everybody's favorite fanboy lube turned out to be pure vegetable oil lol. The butthurt was epic, and I learned that all the experts usually aren't experts. Not saying fireclean didn't work, just laughing at the people who paid 1000% too much for something they already had in their kitchen. 

I am running low on A-Z, and @JBMatt punches me in the head every time he catches me spraying remoil on my gun so I need to re-up

16 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Wondered if anyone had any experience, positive or negative with Mil-Comm TW25B. 

I've tested that stuff, as that is what Dillon Aero uses on their mini guns and the Military on their full auto stuff.  It works really well, super slick, but what I've found is that is turns to a nasty plastic mess once it heats up.  I'm not going to say its bad, but it makes an absolute mess of everything.  Just my $ .02

16 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Wondered if anyone had any experience, positive or negative with Mil-Comm TW25B.  Just bought a trigger, and it's what LaRue usually carries.  They were out, but I found it easily on Amazon. Also an NC company, and I like to support local businesses.  

All my Sig pistols have shipped with that as the preferred grease/lube. I liked it when I used it. I haven't used it on any AR bolts though.

Think I'll stick w/ using TW25B for the trigger as recommended by LaRue.  I did order a bottle of @JBMatt 's oil from the above-link and will give it a whirl. (I'm a sucker for free shipping w/FJB gas prices).   New Windham came well-oiled from factory and put less than a 100 rounds through it during initial range trial. Figure I'll go back later this week after mods are complete, put a few hundred through her and give her a good and proper cleaning and lube.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:37 AM, blue109 said:

just laughing at the people who paid 1000% too much for something they already had in their kitchen. 

I bought a bottle for $10 on ebay to give it a try when all the schit was flying on it. It did work better for cleaning than any cooking oil we had, the high acid of cheap olive oil made me shy from that one. As far as lubricant value it seemed less effective than crisco................

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, MtnMike said:

Just realized I never did receive the A-Z oil I ordered over a month ago from the above link.  On the plus side, don't think I was charged for it either.

PM me your address and I'll get some off to you ASAP. 

The AZ lube is just plain awesome had a BCG in the freezer with it lubed with AZ forgot about it and 1 year later founds it took it straight out and put it in a 5.56 gun and mag dumped ran like a swiss watch ,then took it out of the gun and wiped it clean was simple no stuck mess just very smooth metal and cleaned up easy.

Pistol rails are always a PITA not with this stuff and your weapon will run and feel much smoother when AZ is in the rails......Rat a tat tat Mofo's

6 minutes ago, Magwa said:

The AZ lube is just plain awesome had a BCG in the freezer with it lubed with AZ forgot about it and 1 year later founds it took it straight out and put it in a 5.56 gun and mag dumped ran like a swiss watch ,then took it out of the gun and wiped it clean was simple no stuck mess just very smooth metal and cleaned up easy.

Pistol rails are always a PITA not with this stuff and your weapon will run and feel much smoother when AZ is in the rails......Rat a tat tat Mofo's

:banana:

1 hour ago, JBMatt said:

Why in the world would you possibly put your BCG in the freezer?

Cause some of us live in one part of the year! :laffs: I gotta say that cold weather performance was very surprising considering the thickness of the stuff. I found what seems to me to be the best application method to be closer to frog lube than an oil, it spreads out forever, warm the part a bit and it makes it easier. At the same time that 1,000+ rounds of 300 BO without cleaning had some squirts into the upper when it started slowing down and still ran in the cold, compacted carbon in the firing pin channel was the cause of the final stoppage. Could have cleaned the channel and kept going I think but the gun was spitting nasty black crap all over everything, people were whining about it getting on them.:thumbup:

That test thread was awesome.  :banana:  That was actually in later 2016, going towards 2017...   :hail:   That's about when @JBMatt and I started shooting together - I conned him into coming out to the SDTF to shoot - and everything changed...    :laffs:  I've ended up costing him alot of money, over the years now...  🥰

@jtallen83, the frozen pistol with frost on it, in that thread, was epic, brother...   :lmao:

1 hour ago, sketch said:

I can re do my vid with the new branded lube if needed. With the same rifle. 

We still have that thread, which means we still have that vid, brother.  I'll try to drag that out of the section it's in, and make it public and live.

You were a SAVAGE in testing...   :lmao::banana: