• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lubricants

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best product on the market is pretty unknown - because I've failed at pushing it.  We developed it, refined it, and tested it here for years, various members, various conditions, before a local gun shop in Phx picked it up. 

AZ Premium Gun Lube.  I'll get a link in here for it later.  Nothing beats it, ever.

EDIT: American Guns & Ammo, Mesa, AZ.

https://shop.americangunsandammo.com/parts-gear/cleaning-equipment/premium-gun-lube-2426468

PREMIUM GUN LUBE

^^^ That's where to get it.  You'll never get a better lube, anywhere. Try it, buy it, and if you think it sucks, send me the remainder, and I'll pay you what you had to spend, including shipping afterwards to me. I pro-rate it, too - you send me an empty bottle - then don't ask me for my money...  I'm not here to fund people for used bottles...  :thefinger:

We (Matt) have years into this stuff, right here on this board, going back to 2016 and 2017 on sending out samples, and testing.  If you think it sucks, I'll back that up and reimburse you for your sorrow.  But not emotional bullshiit sorrow.   I'm not your moneybag, but I won't leave you hanging with a bill...  

@JBMatt

Edited by 98Z5V

Thanks, @98Z5V for the plug.  I built that oil to do all of the good things that article explains and it doesn't seem to have any of the drawbacks so far.  I say so far because no one has ever had anything negative to say about it.  It is a thicker product that sticks to where you put it, but it absolutely has the ability to creep and get in all those tiny places.  I built it thicker so it wouldn't tend to gas off and fly away on a gas gun.  A little bit goes a long ways.  I built it to have properties that impregnate the carbon build up and keep it from hardening.  Clean up after a range session is pretty effortless.  It also has acid neutralizers in it that prevent the acids in your sweat and hands from developing rust on blued surfaces.  It also has EP properties in the form of a metal conditioner that actually impregnate into the metal and smooth out all the little peaks and valleys that are in the surface.  Reduces the friction like nothing you've ever seen before. I actually built it for myself to use on my high end stuff.  I have a Perazzi with hundreds of thousands of rounds through it and I religiously applied lube to it every time I assembled it.  And that was every day for a lot of years.  It still had noticeable wear in the high friction/pivot areas.  If you've ever held or shot a Perazzi, you know they're like a close tolerance 1911.  So I built this stuff to cease the wear on the Perazzi and then started using it on the gas guns.  @98Z5V is responsible for the crossover and the rest is history!  If anyone wants to try it, let me know and we'll get some to you.  There's always plenty of sample bottles at the Fall Shoot for everyone to have some and take it with them.  If you've ever used it, you know that it's pretty awesome stuff.  If you don't like it, that's fine.  As long as you don't mind being in the minority.  :lmao:

You guys should know howmuch we have to lube these giant bastards, just to run them for the first time.  I wasn't using the lube above...  I was using @JBMatt's gear oil treatment - and that stuff is THICK!!!  

When I told him about that, he thought I was nuts...   :laffs:   After that, he made up the magic concoction, and I was testing it out for the first time on this build.

Here's all I used for lube, for the first firing of the .338 Fed gun.

Very first round through the gun.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, sketch said:

I don't like to clean my guns.. to shame.. you gave me something to run long distance betwen cleaning.

Amen! 1,000 rounds plus, most of it suppressed, new gun, only a few drops added during the process. Only improvement needed I can see is a self-cleaning version :laffs:

Gunk or not schit kept sliding.

100_5648.thumb.JPG.b02fbb51c74e59ef0a2efb1e9adee600.JPG just saw the chunk of jacket100_5653.thumb.JPG.513dd2d6b6dda04ffb03811e6f174d08.JPG100_5654_LI.thumb.jpg.1c396bf99d382b8120d59c141118bbb1.jpg

320-4.JPG

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

100_5648.thumb.JPG.b02fbb51c74e59ef0a2efb1e9adee600.JPG 100_5653.thumb.JPG.513dd2d6b6dda04ffb03811e6f174d08.JPG100_5654_LI.thumb.jpg.1c396bf99d382b8120d59c141118bbb1.jpg

That looks like crap, but it would be reassuring to know that it’ll still run even while filthy dirty. It’ll take a couple hours to get it cleaned properly. When you clean it, post up some after pics to show how A-Z works for cleaning.

I did a similar torture test to my S&W 625, about 1200 rounds later the carbon build up was dragging on the forcing cone, but it still functioned. 

I have been using CLP but recently ordered a sample size Cherry Balmz Black Rifle Balm to give it a whirl. I applied it to the bolt, bolt carrier, cam pin, etc… It won’t completely replace oil but applying it in the appropriate places seemed to make both guns cycle much smoother (16” BCM carbine and Aero 16” mid length)

This morning I’m applying it to another 5.56 and my .308

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

When you clean it

Didn't find much for pics, might be some in the initial lube test thread, I think I put some pics on at intervals. Here is the bolt after a couple paper towels and a few minutes, hadn't cleaned inside or under extractor yet. Ended up being a firing pin channel packed over full that stopped the thing. I had to use some pressure on the paper towel but the crud wiped off.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.3d840d191b34f12c74fcabfd58631232.jpg

Bad pic, the lower sucked but who knows what it would have taken without it. The Cerakote seemed to darken a shade inside but then I eagerly said good enough, strictly paper towel wipe down.

241114404_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.8dde70ea819ebcf571cada2145ac70df.jpg

On 9/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, Black_Sheep said:

That looks like crap, but it would be reassuring to know that it’ll still run even while filthy dirty. It’ll take a couple hours to get it cleaned properly.

As JT said, EASY clean up if the parts are coated with the lube! This stuff just amazes me!

That's awesome feedback, guys.  Thanks so much!  I'm happy its working out for you.

@Black_Sheep That pink is a pretty color for you.  :laffs: Actually, I'm curious how that works for you.  Let me know if it stays where you put it and if it turns to a weird waxy substance after you run it for a while.  My experience with a grease is just that.  It seems to work well for a while but melts off and flies all over the place. Then as it breaks down it leaves almost like plastic chunks everywhere that is a giant pain to clean.  I'd like to hear feedback on your results.

Thanks.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:39 PM, JBMatt said:

That's awesome feedback, guys.  Thanks so much!  I'm happy its working out for you.

@Black_Sheep That pink is a pretty color for you.  :laffs: Actually, I'm curious how that works for you.  Let me know if it stays where you put it and if it turns to a weird waxy substance after you run it for a while.  My experience with a grease is just that.  It seems to work well for a while but melts off and flies all over the place. Then as it breaks down it leaves almost like plastic chunks everywhere that is a giant pain to clean.  I'd like to hear feedback on your results.

Thanks.

It stayed put on the two guns I tried it on, but I only ran a couple hundred rounds through each. As much as I’d like to test with a higher round count, ammo cost and availability has been a limiting factor. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...