• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

In the neck.....again.

That's not bad, brother - that's putting a big requirement on individual States to report mental shiit to the Federal level, and no extra - just what fits the mental requirements to bring a NICS denial.  The threshold is already there - States just are not Federally required to report it...

That particular legislation is also pretty vague on what constitutes qualifying issues  that are to be loaded into that database. Either way, in this losing battle we are fighting I wont support anyone who encourages gun control of ANY type. Let them fight tooth and nail for every inch from here on out....because every inch will be misinterpreted and misrepresented into a mile. Every compromise will haunt us like every previous compromise does currently. We can try to minimize the damage of legislation we cant avoid, but ill be damned if I give in to it freely, and fornicate any company on our side that encourages me to do so. 

Edited by blue109

I feel many are taking this like an XProducts announcement which is a bit overboard but I completely understand the frustration with some of these large companies that appear to be folding to political pressures. However, Daniel does appear to be trying to help improve a broken system.

We as gun owners and lawful citizens have been giving up rights since 1938.  Don't you think it is time to just say No fu*cking way?  Do any of you know what is hooked to the fix NICS bill? Do you see what is in it, our government is going to send the states and others our tax $ to put as many names as possible on the list, mostly without due process, just some clerk weenie that thinks they can curry favor with their boss by putting more names on the list.  Where is National Concealed Reciprocity legislation in all this, oh yeah hooked to a big loss for our community which is Fix NICS. National reciprocity has the votes to pass on its own, why connect it to anything?

On 3/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, jtallen83 said:

and fornicate any company on our side that encourages me to do so. 

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/fix-nics-combined-national-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/11/doj-bump-stocks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+(The+Firearm+Blog)

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/03/06/gun-tax-bill-double-federal-gun-tax-quintuple-ammo-tax/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2018-03-10&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

https://gunowners.org/alert02282018.htm

If this passes y'all better get ready for loud knocks on the door late one night.

Sleep well tonight America, you might need the rest on another night.

It's funny that when the antis use the word compromise it always seems to end resulting in gun owners giving something up but they never seem to give up anything in return.

The cake and compromise analogy illustrates this nicely 

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/

18 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

It's funny that when the antis use the word compromise it always seems to end resulting in gun owners giving something up but they never seem to give up anything in return.

The cake and compromise analogy illustrates this nicely 

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/

Mmmm cake.  I want my whole cake as well, even though I was not born in a time when then cake was whole.  I damn sure don't want a tiny sliver of cake.

You understand the US gun control issue better than most US nationals.

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Mmmm cake.  I want my whole cake as well, even though I was not born in a time when then cake was whole.  I damn sure don't want a tiny sliver of cake.

You understand the US gun control issue better than most US nationals.

We suffer the same issues from the antis up here but without the benefit of the 2nd Amendment.

There is no compromise in any deal unless both side agree to something what is in it for us? as far as i can see nothing so I have to say NO, now if they want to give back some of our cake then maybe but the wording has to be explicit! it can have no work arounds for those that would further harm gun owners, lets get rid of the 1986 ban on machine guns that would be a good start I love shooting machine guns, but I will never have the money to buy one because of the 86 ban..... I am and have always been a law abiding citizen whats in it for me?

1 hour ago, Magwa said:

There is no compromise in any deal unless both side agree to something what is in it for us? as far as i can see nothing so I have to say NO, now if they want to give back some of our cake then maybe but the wording has to be explicit! it can have no work arounds for those that would further harm gun owners, lets get rid of the 1986 ban on machine guns that would be a good start I love shooting machine guns, but I will never have the money to buy one because of the 86 ban..... I am and have always been a law abiding citizen whats in it for me?

Sounds like you might have a little experience with this compromise thing.  Is the sky still blue and do the rivers still run?

On 3/13/2018 at 8:11 AM, Hotwrench said:

Sounds like you might have a little experience with this compromise thing.  Is the sky still blue and do the rivers still run?

Not exactly sure what your trying to get at here BUT let’s just leave it at that........

Edited by shepp

On 3/14/2018 at 10:25 AM, shepp said:

Not exactly sure what your trying to get at here BUT let’s just leave it at that........

No mystery, from his bio it is fairly obvious that he is native American. As such I feel that it is certainly no insult implied or other to him. If you are aware of history, even a little bit you will know that our country promised in most treaties with the original inhabitants of the continent  to honor that treaty as long as the sky was blue and the rivers ran.  I am real sure you must know that while the sky was still blue and the rivers still ran our government had lied. Does any of this sound familar?

As far as your implied threat.....

gotta say your comment was vage and maybe off the cuff? your point clarified,  adds meaning. as should be known words typed can be taken out of context easily,  with no expressions to ad to virbal comms .. thank you for clarification. not a threat, just keeping it real. big gov hasnt kept much of their spoken words either!! 

2 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

As far as your implied threat.....

It wasn't implied - your explanation was reqeusted.  If it was racial, in any way, you would have been booted.  Immediately.

It's that simple.  Racial shiit isn't tolerated, and people aren't given a second chance to do it the second time.  I hope you understand that.

Thanks for the clarification.  It was needed, and you gave it. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

A little explanation goes a long way. Thank you for clarifying.

We clean up our fair share of newcomers who want to be an ass right off the bat, pardon our aggressive inquiry.

Matt thank you for weighing in. Clarity in communication is difficult.  I still can not find a request for me to clarify in the posts by the various admins. Perhaps a clearly stated question in a pm to me would have avoided all of this. I am familiar with bigots, as I am sure we all are given the virtue signaling that is so prevalent in the press today surronding the gun rights issue. Please see this Facebook post for an excellent piece on the issue (https://m.facebook.com/james.edmunds.790/posts/10212230910032172?src=email_notif) .

James is my Virginia State House representative and I think shows excellent clarity as well as an original solution.