SHOT Show 2019

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First up...

Condition Red Ordnance Manufacturing 

CR-7

76DCF1F6-723F-44D0-896C-D9CD8C25CEA6.jpegA124C153-551A-4354-B494-1F6CF9E4E751.jpeg

you all knew I was bringing a .338 Lapua Magnum to the show... but here’s something very new...

0A225346-CD74-4EBB-9086-F6437B5E746C.jpeg

You’re reading that right. Condition Red Ordnance Manufacturing has designed and started production of the all new 500 Blackout cartridge. The release of the CR-7 “ZERO DARK FIFTY”!!!

66A2294C-82CF-4395-822E-D5F97EFC10FA.jpeg

a true .50 caliber in a usable platform. Able to launch a subsonic 1000 grain projectile!!! The whole package only weighing 10.6 lbs in this picture (the prototype is much heavier than what a production model will weigh)  

We’re not just making the rifle either... we’re making the cartridge too. 

0527CF66-D15A-4EA1-8515-D2FF13F16155.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

where do you find caliber info on the 500 blackout? I wasn't able to locate anything after a couple minutes of searching

Me!

www.CROMUSA.com should be going live soon. We designed the cartridge and we will be hosting a full layout dedicated to the cartridge. 

If you’re looking for similar performance, at subsonic, you can also research the .510 Whisper. The biggest difference between the two is the astronomical range of projectiles that the 500 Blackout covers. We are currently working on a 185gr supersonic projectile and an 1100gr subsonic projectile. 

CROM will hosting their own homegrown cartridge... the “Emergency 911gr” BTHP

13 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

We are currently working on a 185gr supersonic projectile and an 1100gr subsonic projectile. 

CROM will hosting their own homegrown cartridge... the “Emergency 911gr” BTHP

Every time you trickle an update this just keeps getting better; and it was already off the charts. 

I have to ask; are those solid copper projectiles pictured above?

27 minutes ago, Lane said:

Every time you trickle an update this just keeps getting better; and it was already off the charts. 

I have to ask; are those solid copper projectiles pictured above?

They are. We made them in house. I still have yet to get an accurate weight.... but I brought my 308AR.com approved coke scale. I’ll weigh them tonight. 

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

They are. We made them in house.

Do you plan to load solid copper, or is it for testing/demonstration purposes? Years ago; I looked at trying to reduce lead in projectiles because I like to shoot at home. Certainly not a lot of lead free ammo on the shelves around here... But if this is a realistic option; you might have made my day.

That gun is hot looking by the way; I don't know why I haven't tried a handguard that extends out to the barrel length on a build yet. I can't tell for sure if that lower is longer than standard or not; the magazine catch makes it look long. I do see a radius at the rear... I can only guess that it might be a different cut on a DPMS style 308 type lower?

7 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

We are going to be making lead-free projectiles.

Fantastic! I have more questions; but I'll let the dust settle first. I don't think you'll have any trouble attracting attention at the show, this is so BA!

28 minutes ago, Lane said:

I can't tell for sure if that lower is longer than standard or not; the magazine catch makes it look long. I do see a radius at the rear... I can only guess that it might be a different cut on a DPMS style 308 type lower?

WAY longer than a .308AR set of receivers - that's the .338 Lapua Magnum AR - and the frame set is the host for the 500 Blackout.

If you think that .308AR receivers are about 30% larger than AR15 receivers - the .338LM receivers are another 30% larger than the 308 stuff.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

the .338LM receivers are another 30% larger than the 308 stuff.

I saw some .338 Lapua ammo at the gun store the other day when I had to wait around, (very busy almost every time I go)... I guess that will be a new mountain to climb for me, but I'm game; it's kind of a hard cartridge to ignore. And you already have me pricing parts on a .260 build; just because I can make the ammo...