• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My gun budget got cut.

Armed Eye Doc

Dirk, I did the roll-through tour inside that link you put up - that thing is CRAZY!!!   Damn, that's a nice setup, brother!!!

Been in Larry's rig - amazing.  I can't believe how far these things have gone now.  Toy hauler/garage, with mini-stack washers and dryers in there, move from the "garage" into the main living quarters, and it's nicer than most hotels you'd stay at.  Unreal...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2019 at 7:19 PM, DNP said:

That’s not terrible milage, but you can probably do a little better. My diesel gets around 9mpg when pulling at 65. Drop to 55 and I get about 11.5mpg. 

Damn Dirk! My Cummins averages 14 mpg pulling my 5th wheel toy box, loaded, fuel, water, quads and gear at 14,000 lbs. And no matter WHERE we go there is some GIANT grade to climb. It averages 20 around town and 29 if the cruise is on 65 on the freeway empty. I will never own another gas powered truck. Unfortunately the newer 6.7 Cummins is a LOT more thirsty than my 5.9 so this 2004 will have to last awhile.

Edited by suzukiray

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Wow that's surprising brother, Diesel here is high. I remember when it was cheaper than gas.

I do too! I bought my diesel after the prices flip flopped but pulling that 40' 5th wheel diesel is the only way to go! Diesel here hasn't been too bad though, staying below $3 but a guy at the pumps the other day told me it's well over $4 a gallon in California! He also said that unleaded IS more than diesel in Cali right now. Just another reason for me to stay out of that fucked up state!

I put a 35 gallon auxiliary tank in my truck so I could actually sneak in and visit Dirk and get back out without having to fuel up in Cali!

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 7:01 AM, 392heminut said:

I do too! I bought my diesel after the prices flip flopped but pulling that 40' 5th wheel diesel is the only way to go! Diesel here hasn't been too bad though, staying below $3 but a guy at the pumps the other day told me it's well over $4 a gallon in California! He also said that unleaded IS more than diesel in Cali right now. Just another reason for me to stay out of that fucked up state!

I put a 35 gallon auxiliary tank in my truck so I could actually sneak in and visit Dirk and get back out without having to fuel up in Cali!

Lol. Come on out.  I’ll kick in for the fuel on the return trip to make sure it’s closer to what you’re used to paying  

Diesel is less than unleaded, premium at least. It used to be way less than unleaded and then they upped it. Everything is over $4 at the moment for the most part. I would love to see it under $3

Our trailer rolled off the assembly line at the end of July. Overnighted the finance paperwork back to them this week and should hear on Tuesday or Wednesday what the delivery schedule will be. 

We bought from Jeff Couch’s RV nation in Ohio. Price was better than anything we could find and so far they’ve been great to work with over email and phone. Won’t give 100% review until it’s here and the process is over, but up to this point I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for a trailer.