• Visit Sportsmans Guide

My gun budget got cut.

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/26/2019 at 5:38 PM, ARTrooper said:

nice looking camper. would be great for hunting and fishing trips. I usually like to rough it a bit more when actually camping. lol

That roughing crap was okay when We were young folks with four kids but us older folks like to have a roof over head, a gas stove and a fridge, not to mention a queen bed and a indoor bathroom. Besides it keeps me and wife together, along with our guard dog.

401057959.thumb.jpg.0f4ad0489785919bc4b0466b07a7a99c.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

That roughing crap was okay when We were young folks with four kids but us older folks like to have a roof over head, a gas stove and a fridge, not to mention a queen bed and a indoor bathroom. Besides it keeps me and wife together, along with our guard dog.

401057959.thumb.jpg.0f4ad0489785919bc4b0466b07a7a99c.jpg

My wife said she was done with tents at 50.  That is why we have rented a trailer for the last 2 fall shoots.

I must agree, tenting is out of the picture. 

Riding a motorcycle doesn't allow for much I  the way of pulling your shitter or shower behind you....at least not when the wife is riding along with. Hotels are a much better option then!

Have fun with the camper!!!!

2 hours ago, DNP said:

That is a great little trailer. The fact you can haul it around with the FJ is awesome. You need a lot more road trips in your future:thumbup:

It works great.  We will need to test the capacity of the tanks.  The ones we had rented lasted about 3 days of not overly careful use. 

The FJ will pull it but I'm not sure we want to pull it across country like that.  The FJ used 12.6 gallons of gas to go 118 miles and that was fairly flat roads going 60 mph max.  It only holds about 18 gallons.  I'm not sure we would always make it between gas stations on I-10.

12 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It works great.  We will need to test the capacity of the tanks.  The ones we had rented lasted about 3 days of not overly careful use. 

The FJ will pull it but I'm not sure we want to pull it across country like that.  The FJ used 12.6 gallons of gas to go 118 miles and that was fairly flat roads going 60 mph max.  It only holds about 18 gallons.  I'm not sure we would always make it between gas stations on I-10.

That’s not terrible milage, but you can probably do a little better. My diesel gets around 9mpg when pulling at 65. Drop to 55 and I get about 11.5mpg. 

I'm 6~8mpg in the Fat Dodge gasser, pulling the trailer, when it's got some weight on it.  If it's light (damn near empty trailer) is still down to 11~12mpg on flat roads.  Any grades change that drastically.  I try to tow at 65mph.

• 2 weeks later...

It’ll make it a lot easier to stay at the property. I’ll be living in that thing for the next couple years. 

You've seen my toy box...we’ve been living in it every weekend for a while now.  It is not comfortable at all. This will be better, just money I didn’t want to spend. 

On 5/6/2019 at 4:36 AM, bubbas4570 said:

I must agree, tenting is out of the picture. 

Riding a motorcycle doesn't allow for much I  the way of pulling your shitter or shower behind you....at least not when the wife is riding along with. Hotels are a much better option then!

I solved THAT problem with this;

nitro.thumb.jpg.6d1db3cf08f47a440a24a48955510ffa.jpg

A hotel room with the Harley IN the back!

14 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I tried to convince my better half to go that route a few years back. Told her we should sell the house, buy the toy hauler, and turn nomadic......she wasn't too much in favor of that for some reason.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, DNP said:

My gun budget just got cut too....

https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/destination-trailers/cedar-creek-cottage/40CL/4037

that at auction I spent a bunch of money at just cost me one of these. We’re even now....right?  I’m sure she’ll never bring it up again. :bitchslap:

16 hours ago, 392heminut said:

You could put a fence up, plant some bushes and call it home, nice ones.👍