• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LUBE JOB

Lonewolf McQuade

What do you guys use for lube in your weapons?

I use to use hoppes(like dad did). Past 7 years or so, I've been using Weapons Shield products(oil&lithium grease).  Seems to have worked great over the years. Never had any problems with the oil running down into the gun when stored upright in the safe for lengths of time. Guns seem easier to clean, less build up, less wear, no  rust. But I'm always interested in other's insight & finding something better.

20190217_121746.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

I really like the stay in place stickiness of that test lube. Slip EWL 30 is as close to it as I have seen, like to use that on the bolt and carrier rails. I have a big tub of Weaponshield grease on the bench so it gets smeared here and there, cam pins and rings mostly. Slip EWL straight for pins and such. 

7 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I really like the stay in place stickiness of that test lube. Slip EWL 30 is as close to it as I have seen, like to use that on the bolt and carrier rails. I have a big tub of Weaponshield grease on the bench so it gets smeared here and there, cam pins and rings mostly. Slip EWL straight for pins and such. 

I've been using the weapons shied a while, was getting it direct.( they are 5 minutes up the road from me) I've got it into some local gunshops i deal with & they actually give me a better price(good discount for spending an ass load $$$over the years) but figured I'd ask here. You fellows have seen enough & have enough experience to know what works the best & I highly value the info & opinions I get here.

Forgot a regular use lube for me, Otis Dry Lube spray for cleaning and lubing magazines. It knocks out the carbon and after a wipe with a paper towel or rag it leaves a slick but not sticky surface. They had an earlier version the called Special Forces Dry Lube but this new batch is "improved" .....worked the same for me.

https://otistec.com/dry-lube/

https://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

My go to is Ed's Red, I pretty much all the stuff lying around with which to make it.

The link also has a number of other useful products you can make.

A side note, I use a couple drops on my work pliers etc. works better then anything I've tried or seen used.

3 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

https://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

My go to is Ed's Red, I pretty much all the stuff lying around with which to make it.

The link also has a number of other useful products you can make.

A side note, I use a couple drops on my work pliers etc. works better then anything I've tried or seen used.

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

13 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It is one that is not quite on the market yet.  It is good stuff though.  I'm still waiting for my latest delivery. 

I've got one for you, and two for Matt.  I'll get more from JB Matt and get it going to Lonewolf.