• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another fine piece...

Issue that guy a muzzle loader. In the Civl War, in the stress of combat, soldiers would sometimes load their musket, neglect to put a percussion cap on, think they were firing it, and ram another minie ball down the barrel. Post battle, salvagers would sometimes find muskets with minie balls all the length of the barrel.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:41 AM, mrraley said:

I'm just going to drop this one.

Words just escape me.

Hi-Point warranty...

I don't blame you for "dropping this"  I saw it on Facebook earlier.

I really have a problem believing this could actually happen------35 lead (looks like .45 wadcutters), being fired with only primers? and they re-barreled the piece and sent it back ? Warrenty? come on folks!

My15 year old teenage son reloaded 50 rounds of .45 semi -wad cutters  and entered a pistol Metallica silhouette match in Pampa,Texas back in 1979 and on the second string  (pigs) he fired a round with no powder didn't understand what happened and fired the Colt 1911 .45 ACP again, the slide locked back and I had to hammer  the slide pin out. the original barrel was bulged about half way down and there were two wad cutter bullets jammed there I drilled them out and kept the barrel for a demonstration item in our club pistol basic course.

20 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I don't blame you for "dropping this"  I saw it on Facebook earlier.

I really have a problem believing this could actually happen------35 lead (looks like .45 wadcutters), being fired with only primers?

It only takes one squib load, man.  "Pop and no kick" is what the Army used to train during BRM.  A no-powder charge will never get a projectile out of the barrel, on primer-only.  Hell, you'll have a very bad time just trying to push a projectile down the barrel with a cleaning rod - won't happen.

That first one never gets out, and you don't notice and keep shooting - the second one, even if it's full power, is only going to slam into the first one and mushroom it tighter into the barrel.  Then, you just stack 'em up behind each other.

One of the gun shops I went to in NOVA had a revolver barrel in the display case - cut in half like that.  6 projectiles stacked up in there.  Any time you get a pop and no-kick, you inspect it and see what's up...

had an amt backup shooting old .380 squib. round went off and being a new used gun i noticed something different. the slide did run the full length but didn't close fully. I was on target and thought to myself that felt funny? sure enough the .30 gn pill was in the 2.5 barrel about half way. we found a drill bit the same size and hammerd it out. worked fine after that. but im guessing the ammo had gotten wet? it was given to me free on a motorcycle deal. I run my own reloads or bought new by me! I cant imagin stacking 35 rounds and not noticing something! ?

On 3/10/2019 at 7:31 AM, Rsquared said:

Hey, hey, hey.........take it easy with that cleaning stuff buster. I plan to get around to cleaning mine someday. :laffs:

as long as you aren't as bad as my father in law. I have saved several rifles of his that were just rusting away. he would buy them and never clean them after going deer hunting in the snow or rain.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:05 PM, 98Z5V said:

It only takes one squib load, man.  "Pop and no kick" is what the Army used to train during BRM.  A no-powder charge will never get a projectile out of the barrel, on primer-only.  Hell, you'll have a very bad time just trying to push a projectile down the barrel with a cleaning rod - won't happen.

That first one never gets out, and you don't notice and keep shooting - the second one, even if it's full power, is only going to slam into the first one and mushroom it tighter into the barrel.  Then, you just stack 'em up behind each other.

One of the gun shops I went to in NOVA had a revolver barrel in the display case - cut in half like that.  6 projectiles stacked up in there.  Any time you get a pop and no-kick, you inspect it and see what's up...

On 3/10/2019 at 3:05 PM, 98Z5V said:

poop MAN! that makes it even scarier anyone actually having enough sense to load a magazine not knowing what is happening , how the hell could he drive to the range and back home, maybe he was shooting in his mom's basement where he has been living ever since he graduated from special education high school?

Just now, mrmackc said:

SCHIDT  MAN! that makes it even scarier anyone actually having enough sense to load a magazine not knowing what is happening , how the hell could he drive to the range and back home, maybe he was shooting in his mom's basement where he has been living ever since he graduated from special education high school?