• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Shoot 2019 AAR

98Z5V

Might as well start right now, even though it hasn't "officially" started yet - but it has.  @Rsquared is here, and the very first arrival was @MikedaddyH.  Mike beat Ron here by about 1.5 hours, this morning.  We're getting ready to fire up the grill in a little while, and we're 6 beers deep already.   :banana::thumbup:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Show and tell !! Oh yeah !!!

Shut up already - he knows about the secret guns.  I spilled it to him on the phone, after he said he couldn't make it out here. That call went down and he knows...

The others will find out shortly, during/after the Long Range classes...  :laffs:

On 10/9/2019 at 7:43 PM, 98Z5V said:

Might as well start right now, even though it hasn't "officially" started yet - but it has.  @Rsquared is here, and the very first arrival was @MikedaddyH.  Mike beat Ron here by about 1.5 hours, this morning.  We're getting ready to fire up the grill in a little while, and we're 6 beers deep already.   :banana::thumbup:

Sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a good time!

Hell Yeah, Brother!!!   :hail::thumbup:  We're all back at my house, got the truck and trailer unpacked, we're cleaned up and heading out to a mexican restaurant (Matt Cross, me, MikeDaddy, Cunuck Gaucho (Eric) , and Ron).

Basic timeline was adhered to:  Get out there Thursday, get set up, get ready for the night shoot by getting the plate out at 450 yards.  I made Black Bean Chili the night prior, so that was heated back up for dinner that night, with 20 Bacon/Cheddar brats.  All the classes on wind reading, range estimation, mil and MOA holds and dialing and measuring, plus all mil and MOA constants for range calculation, plus angled shots and a cosine chart...   All that stuff went down during/after dinner.

Friday morning was High Angle, up the hill (seen in Mike's pics above), then back to camp.   Saturday and Sunday were Long Range, and we were set with steel at 500, 850, 1000 and 1200 yards.  We decided to bust camp this afternoon and bring it back to the house. 

Hey Doc...    :thefinger:

Edited by 98Z5V

Some funky wind today. Ive never shot like this before but managed several hits on the 1000 holding 2mil for the wind. I couldnt touch the 1200. Saturday we were all wrecking the 500 and 850 with multiple guns. 

Felt good to pop that 1K cherry. This trip really changed my mind about alot of gun stuff. Several are getting torn apart and revised. 

Edited by blue109

2 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Some funky wind today. Ive never shot like this before but managed several hits on the 1000 holding 2mil. I couldnt touch the 1200. Saturday we were all wrecking the 500 and 850 with multiple guns. 

That's excellent. 👍  I wish I could have been there to meet you and shoot with you.  There's always next year.