• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A new build...

mrraley

Well yesterday, I spent the early half of saturday helping a young guy build his first rifle. 

Him and his dad came over bearing gifts of Guinness in return for my help.

It was a good time, I think he learned quite a bit as I had him do the majority of the build and me only helping when the difficulty level was a little much.

He made some good choices on parts to be put together and turned out pretty good, I think.

In the end, he got a rifle that was functional and to his liking. 

Now we sorta wait for the weather to break and go out and function fire this thing.

30685.jpeg

30684.jpeg

30686.jpeg

30687.jpeg

30683.jpeg

30682.jpeg

15 hours ago, mrraley said:

Well yesterday, I spent the early half of saturday helping a young guy build his first rifle.

This is so awesome on so many levels - did the kid realize who it was that was helping him get this rifle together?  That just blows my mind, thinking about that...   :hail::laffs::thumbup:

well... I wasnt able to make it out to the range with them when they went out for the first time. But from what I was told, the rifle ran rather well for it's maiden voyage.

We did have to put a different trigger in the lower on build day. The drop in trigger that he purchased would not line up with the hammer and trigger pin holes. I had a spare ArmaLite tactical two stage trigger and set the springs at a even weight for him to start with and explained when he gets accustom to it we could adjust it from there.  

Only had one FTE and come to find out, it was a reload, so I chalked that one to the ammo. They ran some different types of ammo through it with petty good results. 

So for right now they just did function fire and a little bit of break in on the parts. Next time out will be time to zero the sights on it and get a better feel for what ammo it really does like the best. 

Over all I'm happy with the build and glad the the young guy is really happy with his choice of parts to put this together. 

On a side note for me, I figured out some things that I need to get for the garage to add to my tools. 

• 1 month later...