• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finally got myself a 45

DNP

Tried that two years ago at a sport show. They put up a garbage can with a sensor and a green light. Green light goes off you draw and shoot. Surprised myself and the guys running the booth when I did a .7 seconds on my 3 rd shot. Did another .9sec but couldn’t get back down to it. I could have stayed there all day or until I ran out of money. It was a hoot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I’ll be geared up enough to include it at the fall shoot. 

I’d be damn happy anywhere under a second at first try. Not gonna be me. I’m too slow. 

Edited by DNP

2 hours ago, DNP said:

It looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I’ll be geared up enough to include it at the fall shoot. 

I’d be damn happy anywhere under a second at first try. Not gonna be me. I’m too slow. 

Training. You don’t think about what you do, you just let the body do it.

You know Dirk, to do fast draw properly you have to replace the barrel on that gun with an aluminum barrel and heat and bend the hammer spur almost straight up!😁

Back in the 80's I was friends with a guy named Bob Dudley who lived her in Deming. He had a world record of some sort in fast draw. Looking at him you would have never suspected he was into fast draw, he looked like an old, bald headed school teacher or librarian! Never saw him wear any sort of western type clothing or hats! He could draw and fan 5 shots that sounded like one shot!😲

Edited by 392heminut

Dirk that Sig Ammo is hot sh!t, well it is in 357sig for sure 1356fps @ 510ft/lbs 125gr projectiles ! SD ammo for sure. Enjoy 😋🤯🤬🙀😤🤤 This is the stuff that blew the case apart during a test fire at Lance's shop round 3. Then again at the Fall shoot...Danger, Danger, Will Smith !!!!

Edited by MikedaddyH

11 minutes ago, DNP said:

I’ll have to see if I can even shoot it. Some of these frames don’t like hot shiit

That's only loaded to 850fps it should be safe for any single action. Out there. This not so much. Corbin DPX  225 gr @ 1200 fps. Can't get photo to load keep's timing out.

That’s some good news. 850 didn’t sound like a lot, but I have been doing some reading as I’m not too familiar with the SA revolvers and clones. I’ve run into a few discussions about being careful what you shoot from some of them. Thanks for the thoughts!

Reading up says the New Vaquero can handle loads in the 14-23k psi range. The original Vaquero was a larger frame and can handle 30k psi. Those are recommendations, but I’ll have to watch. Most of what I shoot out of that pistol will be pretty tame I’m sure. These hollow points are probably not going to be fired all that often. May run a box through just to see how they go....and that leaves me 180 more of them to sit on a shelf. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my box of snake destroyers. One of the drives behind this purchase was to have another easy to use snake dispatcher at home. Something the wife can easily carry around the yard with her when she’s out working. Granted, with the baby on the way soon, there won’t be much of that for a while. She seems to be the one finding rattlers though. I’ve had snake shot for the 22, but that requires getting pretty close (closer than she would like) and the 45 should give her a little more distance and the need for only one shot to take out the problem.  22 seems to take a couple unless you’re right on top of it. 

6B525A5B-A7FB-4AAC-B857-FCF7A2F271BB.jpeg

Can’t get the judge here I don’t believe. I had thought about those. This one kills two birds so to speak. I wanted it, and it kills snakes.  I looked at a few options. Was going to cut down my Single Shot 20ga H&R as well...make a little scabbard and hang it on the rhino. 

• 5 months later...

That birdshot works great. Took a squirrel from about 15yds. 

Awaiting my call back from Joe Perkins. I’m only 7 months in on a 10-11 month wait for the call. Which is good, because I still can’t decide which wood I want for the grips. Liking the spalted maple, or the madrone burl....decisions decisions. Going to get it case hardened and have a little action work done as well. I have a local guy who is going to help me make the holster for it, but I kinda put that on hold as this Covid deal has folks a little nervous and he’s probably in his upper 70’s. I wouldn’t want to chance anything with him. 

On 3/30/2020 at 12:29 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Dirk that Sig Ammo is hot sh!t, well it is in 357sig for sure 1356fps @ 510ft/lbs 125gr projectiles ! SD ammo for sure. Enjoy 😋🤯🤬🙀😤🤤 This is the stuff that blew the case apart during a test fire at Lance's shop round 3. Then again at the Fall shoot...Danger, Danger, Will Smith !!!!

"Will Robinson" daddy O! will smith?? he's married to that jayda pinkett smith, yikes, I haven't told you guys I was seriously in love with "Marta Christen"! God she is gorgeous!

10 hours ago, DNP said:

That birdshot works great. Took a squirrel from about 15yds. 

Awaiting my call back from Joe Perkins. I’m only 7 months in on a 10-11 month wait for the call. Which is good, because I still can’t decide which wood I want for the grips. Liking the spalted maple, or the madrone burl....decisions decisions. Going to get it case hardened and have a little action work done as well. I have a local guy who is going to help me make the holster for it, but I kinda put that on hold as this Covid deal has folks a little nervous and he’s probably in his upper 70’s. I wouldn’t want to chance anything with him. 

You know the wait will be good on those grips.  That's some FINE craftsmanship.  :hail:

One week from today, I'm 4 months in on my (first estimate) 1~3 month wait on my LaRue upper.  After one month, I was told 2~4 months.  So, a week from today is 4 months...   Whaddaya do...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V