• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98's 6mm ARC

98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I just found a pile of money that I didn't know that I really had...   SO...   this 6 ARC is gonna progress faster than I thought.  I think I'll sign up for a Long-Distance Shooting School, too - just to see what they're doing.  More details on that later.  Class date, early August.

@Matt.Cross might have a serious ass-whippin' coming, by the time we get to the Fall Shoot...   :bat::banana::lmao: 

Whoa whoa whoa....Dusty has a question....

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, DNP said:

Whoa whoa whoa....Dusty has a question....

There's a PILE beyond that, brother.  That's accounted for, completely. I wouldn't do that to you guys... 

This was an account that I forgot about...

2 minutes ago, DNP said:

Although....she could use a Larue rifle....

Already in my will and Trust...   :thumbup:

It doesn't have your name on it, but it's got hers. No offense, I hope. You already have enough of my shiit.  :thefinger:

On 6/8/2020 at 9:44 PM, Rsquared said:

Alright. I see what you fukers are doing. You're trying to psychologically twist me into building another rifle. You ain't fooling me.

You're thinking that this will be another "night vision" OP against me (which I STILL say that I came up with on my own). Fukers!

..............................................................................................................................DAMMIT! Now I'm thinking about another rifle build.

How YOU feelin' right now, brother?  You know, I'm just checking in.  Haven't see you in a day or three.  You good?...   :lmao:

At the absolute INSANE speed that @DayWalker has to move on this project, just to get his BADASS MK12 - 6 ARC build done by Fall Shoot - I completely think that he would smoke you.  He's already ahead.  I don't think you can get a more badass gun together before he can. 

But, maybe I'm wrong on that one...  

Think you can take him?...   :popcorn:

Asking for a friend...  

Edited by 98Z5V

Gawd dammit....is the the new version of the Glock BBQ challenge?  That got me in a lot of trouble last time. I’m saving for a friggin shotgun right now and that’s already turning into a pricey wishlist. If I do that and a 6mm....I don’t know if I’ll be able to pay @Robocop1051 for that 338....but I’ve probably got another year or so before that happens.  

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

Gawd dammit....is the the new version of the Glock BBQ challenge?  That got me in a lot of trouble last time. I’m saving for a friggin shotgun right now and that’s already turning into a pricey wishlist. If I do that and a 6mm....I don’t know if I’ll be able to pay @Robocop1051 for that 338....but I’ve probably got another year or so before that happens.  

Hey, brother - You Do You.  I know for a fact already, that I'll be beating @DayWalker's absolute ass at distance this fall, on 6 ARC.  Crush him...  He got me into this shiit already, and HE is the one under The Rule...     :thefinger:  I am gonna eat him alive, and he deserves it, for calling me out in the first fucking place...

I think Ron is skeered, and won't build one.  :lmao:  No worries, his son will take over, and defend his honor... WHOA!  Did I JUST SAY THAT?!!?  I think I slipped...

Matt Cross is thinking about it, but he just doesn't know  - zero validation for him yet...  I get it... 

If an ass-beatin' needs to happen, then the more and merrier that we can pile on is just for the greater good - like Lord Of The Flies.  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If "all others" can't tell already - this thread just isn't about a gun build.  THIS RIGHT HERE has magically morphed into a Giant Pile of SHIIT TALKING...   :lmao::banana::thumbup:

So, let's not disappoint, alright?...  Bring it, when you wanna bring it...   :popcorn:

I just wanna point this out again ^^^   right here.

This has turned into mayhem, for a build thread, but it's completely fine.  This is what all build threads here should look like...  :laffs:

However, if you want in here, on the bashing and shiit-talking - you better put some skin in the game.  If you're here to talk some shiit, then we love it - but you better be building one of these stupid 6 ARC guns, too...  If you jump in, bash some skulls, and smash some people around - then that's REALLY what we like, BUT...  build one of these guns...

THAT is your buy-in, for the shiit-talking.  After you commit - just fuckin' BRING IT...   I don't even care if you just buy a damn magazine for these, just to talk whatever that you have...  Smoke us!...  Be PART of the game, though. Donate that magazine for a winner at one of the Fall Shoot "obstacles..."  :thumbup:

@DayWalker, you have a serious Long Range 6 ARC ass-beatin' coming up on Late October/Early November.  Don't be skeered - just brace yourself for the butthurt...   :hail::banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@DayWalker, you have a serious Long Range 6 ARC ass-beatin' coming up on Late October/Early November.  Don't be skeered - just brace yourself for the butthurt...   :hail::banana:

I’m down for it brother, you know I am. I don’t have a lot of long range experience, last years shoot was the first time I’ve done over 500. I’ll get it though, good old fashioned trial by fire type shitt :thumbup:

I’m excited for this one, I really am. Been a long time since I’ve had a good specific purpose build like this. Last few builds were cheap PSA kits, just stuff to tinker on and make neater rifles from. This though, this MK12 is gonna be a nasty mother fuker. Any of its failings are range are gonna be because of my stupid ass, not the platform.

4 hours ago, Radioactive said:

I thought every thread in this place was a random topic thread. One of the reasons I like it here - no stay on target nazis.

The only thread on topic is the “random topic” thread. Scary. 

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

How YOU feelin' right now, brother?  You know, I'm just checking in.  Haven't see you in a day or three.  You good?...   :lmao:

At the absolute INSANE speed that @DayWalker has to move on this project, just to get his BADASS MK12 - 6 ARC build done by Fall Shoot - I completely think that he would smoke you.  He's already ahead.  I don't think you can get a more badass gun together before he can. 

But, maybe I'm wrong on that one...  

Think you can take him?...   :popcorn:

Asking for a friend...  

You ain't baiting me with just plain ol $hit talkin. Besides, I've just been sittin back watching the wheels in motion turn. And I never said anything about building a 6mm ARC rifle.

I believe that I said ".............................DAMMIT! Now I'm thinking about another rifle build."

And that voice in my head (yeah yeah....I know....which one of em?) has been telling me to build a Grendel MK12 Mod 0 on an Armalite SPR stripped lower that I've had in the gun box for quite some time. But whoever said that I listen to the voices in my head? After all.....there's too damn many of them. They outnumber me ya know.

57 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

You ain't baiting me with just plain ol $hit talkin. Besides, I've just been sittin back watching the wheels in motion turn. And I never said anything about building a 6mm ARC rifle.

I believe that I said ".............................DAMMIT! Now I'm thinking about another rifle build."

And that voice in my head (yeah yeah....I know....which one of em?) has been telling me to build a Grendel MK12 Mod 0 on an Armalite SPR stripped lower that I've had in the gun box for quite some time. But whoever said that I listen to the voices in my head? After all.....there's too damn many of them. They outnumber me ya know.

Oh $hit, I didn’t realize you had an Armalite SPR lower in stock. I’m gonna go ahead and fan the flames here, you need to do it. Nay, it deserves to be made into something incredible like a mod0. It even ticks your favorite box, #1 Armalite Fanboy :thumbup:. Gawd damn it! Where is @98Z5V when I need him, we need to jump on Armalite man as a group and shame him into building an Armalite Mark12 :lmao:

He’s got all kinds of stuff stashed away. They’re hidden behind all his star wars figurines in that cabinet wired up with a green light to tell you when the door is open and a red light to let you know the toaster is on. 

5 hours ago, Rsquared said:

And that voice in my head (yeah yeah....I know....which one of em?) has been telling me to build a Grendel MK12 Mod 0 on an Armalite SPR stripped lower that I've had in the gun box for quite some time.

Ho-Leeee SHEIIT, BatMan.  I don't know how you could build that into anything ELSE!...   That's VERY WORTHY of being a Grendel Mod 0.  VERY worthy...  

On another note, FedEx came through like a champ.

P1080710.thumb.JPG.3f0f91c482c3aaaadd4d63a29aa33a1c.JPG

P1080712.thumb.JPG.9b14a3702642647d2a95787ef8f9ba93.JPG

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Oh $hit, I didn’t realize you had an Armalite SPR lower in stock. I’m gonna go ahead and fan the flames here, you need to do it. Nay, it deserves to be made into something incredible like a mod0. It even ticks your favorite box, #1 Armalite Fanboy :thumbup:. Gawd damn it! Where is @98Z5V when I need him, we need to jump on Armalite man as a group and shame him into building an Armalite Mark12 :lmao:

3 hours ago, DNP said:

He’s got all kinds of stuff stashed away. They’re hidden behind all his star wars figurines in that cabinet wired up with a green light to tell you when the door is open and a red light to let you know the toaster is on. 

I've got the same message for the both of you. :thefinger:

Smart Asses

7 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Ho-Leeee SHEIIT, BatMan.  I don't know how you could build that into anything ELSE!...   That's VERY WORTHY of being a Grendel Mod 0.  VERY worthy...  

On another note, FedEx came through like a champ.

P1080710.thumb.JPG.3f0f91c482c3aaaadd4d63a29aa33a1c.JPG

P1080712.thumb.JPG.9b14a3702642647d2a95787ef8f9ba93.JPG

Sweet barrel brother.

Oh well......guess I'm gonna start lookin for a Grendel barrel then. :laffs:

Just now, Rsquared said:

Sweet barrel brother.

Oh well......guess I'm gonna start lookin for a Grendel barrel then. :laffs:

Go for the Ballistic Advantage 18" Mk12 SPR barrel, brother.  You won't be disappointed.  I can personally vouch for that barrel in the Grendel, and so can Matt.

This one:

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/18-inch-65-grendel-spr-rifle-ss-premium-barrel.html

1k yards for that barrel, and regular old Hornady Black ammo is a joke.   :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I'm down with that. Though they show the BCG as out of stock.

ToolCraft Grendel BCG, brother.  Huckleberry Arms almost always has them in stock.  E-Lander 17-rd mags and C-Products 25-rd mags.   :thumbup:

Just now, 98Z5V said:

ToolCraft Grendel BCG, brother.  Huckleberry Arms almost always has them in stock.  E-Lander 17-rd mags and C-Products 25-rd mags.   :thumbup:

Yep. I figured the toolcraft BCG was the first option.

Now C'mon. You know that my commie state doesn't allow anything larger than 10 round mags. So I'm gonna have to build this thing and wait to test fire it (function test) at the fall shoot. But I have faith that I can "place an order" and somehow have some E-Lander mags meet me there.