• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98's 6mm ARC

98Z5V

Yep. Similar to my POF P308 SBR. It was just around 24 months from the time I ordered it, to when it finally came in. I had damn near forgot about it by then, till my gun pusher called me and told me to come get the damn thing.

1078759683_POFSBR2.thumb.jpg.7e4efc2d5308f57455925436adb75f61.jpg

Edited by Rsquared

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@98Z5V  My beard is already gray bro.  Ain't going GAP any time soon,  although they do it right,  all the time.  They have trapped that passion bug as well as you.  I told you before I respect all the thunder and fire directed toward precision you display.  It passes through all the BS and fluff we find elsewhere  Also who wouldn't respect anyone who'd face a red headed beaver singlehandedly,  both animal and human.  Dang near impossible to find a desert plainsman these days.^^^  Great posts above another thanks.

24 months @Rsquared   Where did you find the patience ?  Did you put money down at first ?  I lost a $1000 deposit from Luke Volkman waiting on a custom 45.  That was and is a long story.  Did your subconscious kick in and allow you to block it out?  Just funning,  that's a long wait bro,  at this point in time that's a no go for me.  

I’ve been waiting on CROM for what seems like forever. I don’t know if it’s 2 years or 3....the guy in charge over there is a really nice dude, but he’s the poster child for ADHD and keeps starting new projects. 

wow,  a lovely fellow and caring.  I can't imagine what's up.

Just got a message from the internet,  it must be true.  Oh for heavens sake,  it's horrible.  Carjacked Recently OMars.  The ruffians there met our buddy at the Mars Bar chocolate factory.  Robert is seeking a super light weight anti gravitational metal which was reported by Kurt Vonnegut some years ago.  The factory has an auction this weekend,  selling it's older smelting machinery  It's a damn shame but your order has been held up by unexpected difficulties,  please remain calm.

2 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Never apologize for who you (we) are...enablers of the worst kind.:lmao:

Roger that.

1 minute ago, sagebrush said:

...armed eye doc was no help

See how that works out?!...   :banana:

Brownell's 6.5Grendel BCG (?)  and a Shilen barrel...   You're not messing around, either!  

15 hours ago, DNP said:

I’ve been waiting on CROM for what seems like forever. I don’t know if it’s 2 years or 3....the guy in charge over there is a really nice dude, but he’s the poster child for ADHD and keeps starting new projects. 

You're not alone brother. I think a couple of us are on that same list. I mean......all we wanna do is give him money right?

The PRICK! :laffs:

On 7/3/2020 at 8:06 AM, DNP said:

2017! 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:51 AM, RedRiverII said:

I told you before I respect all the thunder and fire directed toward precision you display. 

Well, brother, I greatly appreciated that, I really do.

But this has me in a mess right now...  :laffs:

For the last 3 days now, I've been looking for a VLTOR A5H2 buffer, 5.33oz.  Nothing.  Anywhere.  Nobody from all across the interwebz has ANY VLTOR A5 buffers in stock - because I'd MAKE that thing the H2 by changing weights in it...   Gotta be that buffer, in this gun, in order to compare it to the Grendel and the Valk.  Properly compare it, all of them.  Damnit!...

So, I did what any normal person would do.  I ordered a 5.5oz A5 buffer from Slash, @    http://heavybuffers.com/

No other way around it.  So, that's not going to be a VLTOR A5H2, weighing 5.33oz.  But, I'll put it in the 16" Grendel M4, take the A5H1 buffer out of THAT gun, and change a weight - to make it the same exact thing as the A5H2. 

FML...  

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Well, brother, I greatly appreciated that, I really do.

But this has me in a mess right now...  :laffs:

For the last 3 days now, I've been looking for a VLTOR A5H2 buffer, 5.33oz.  Nothing.  Anywhere.  Nobody from all across the interwebz has ANY VLTOR A5 buffers in stock - because I'd MAKE that thing the H2 by changing weights in it...   Gotta be that buffer, in this gun, in order to compare it to the Grendel and the Valk.  Properly compare it, all of them.  Damnit!...

So, I did what any normal person would do.  I ordered a 5.5oz A5 buffer from Slash, @    http://heavybuffers.com/

No other way around it.  So, that's not going to be a VLTOR A5H2, weighing 5.33oz.  But, I'll put it in the 16" Grendel M4, take the A5H1 buffer out of THAT gun, and change a weight - to make it the same exact thing as the A5H2. 

FML...  

We won’t hold it against you ya know. I think even with little subtle differences between them you will be able to give an opinion/ review that we can take to the bank when the rest of us jump on the band wagon

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Here is a place that shows a buffer and spring kit.  I don't know if it is actually in stock, but it might be worth a call on Monday.

http://molonlabeindustries.com/products/vltor-a5-spring-and-buffer-kit.html

ETA: After doing a little research on the company, don't bother with them.  It appears that they do not have live inventory on the website and don't often tell the truth about shipping times when you call.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

6 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Here is a place that shows a buffer and spring kit. 

^^^   Yep, I hit them up a couple days ago, added it to cart, and it let me.   They're gonna get a call tomorrow morning, just to check.  So, in addition to search for ANY VLTOR A5 buffer I could try to find, I was also searching for that specific VLTOR SP-A5 kit right there, because it comes with the H2 already. Struck out on all that, too.  The stuff is GONE, brothers...

Bonus, though - while I was on that page, I found this badass Morgan Reese poster:

MOLON LABE BABE MORGAN REESE

I'm not worried about finding one now, anymore.  I've got it solved.  Armalite AR-10 Carbine Receiver Extension, Armalite M15 rifle recoil spring, and the Slash buffer will get this job done.  Transplant that Slash buffer into the M4, rebuild THAT buffer, done deal.

Here's where this poor lonely little lower sits right now, just to dress it up a little. 

P1080751.thumb.JPG.e3fc0aae870aab7a719ea72bf3bc4aaa.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V