98Z5V

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Barrel, Gas Tube and Gas Block....................ORDERED!

I can feel the heat from you, my man, and I know you don't fuk around.  So, I just ordered my LaRue upper and scope mount.  The scope should already be on the way.  At that point, once all this shiit comes in - it needs painted.  And it's gonna be some special paint, too... 

14 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Huckleberry Arms seems to be out of stock in the BCG's at the moment. I'll have to keep my eye out for them.

Next step is the PRI handguard. FUK ME! :lmao:

Big step here, brother - the PRI stuff.  Gen III forearm, front and rear sights, and that PEQ top rail for the Gen III forearms.  I'll link all that stuff for you if you want.  That's why the Mod 0s are so pricey...   Might as well throw the PRI M84 GasBuster charging handle in there, too, with the Combat Latch (not the one with the "Big Latch" - it's actually smaller and has less grip than the Combat Latch).

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I can feel the heat from you, my man, and I know you don't fuk around.  So, I just ordered my LaRue upper and scope mount.  The scope should already be on the way.  At that point, once all this shiit comes in - it needs painted.  And it's gonna be some special paint, too... 

Big step here, brother - the PRI stuff.  Gen III forearm, front and rear sights, and that PEQ top rail for the Gen III forearms.  I'll link all that stuff for you if you want.  That's why the Mod 0s are so pricey...   Might as well throw the PRI M84 GasBuster charging handle in there, too, with the Combat Latch (not the one with the "Big Latch" - it's actually smaller and has less grip than the Combat Latch).

Nah. I already know where to find the PRI stuff.
Not really a fan of the gasbuster handles though. I've tried them on my 10 SASS and other suppressed rifles. They don't really seem to perform any better than other handles. Just my observation.

I think that I might dip my toe into the Primary Arms side of the pool for glass for this thing. The only glass I've got laying around waiting for a rifle is a Sig and a Vortex. But they're both short range types.

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I think that I might dip my toe into the Primary Arms side of the pool for glass for this thing. The only glass I've got laying around waiting for a rifle is a Sig and a Vortex. But they're both short range types.

Well, you can't get a BDC scope for this, nobody makes one.  You want MIL or MOA?  The scope on the MRAD is MOA, right?  Primary Arms has a badass illuminated 4-14 MOA scope.  If you want MIL reticle, the PA one is very basic, not illuminated.  They DO offer the 4-14 in the ACSS R-GRID scope.  Great scope.  If you want straight MILs though - Athlon.  The Talos BTR 4-14 scope is a great, illuminated MIL scope. 

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Well, you can't get a BDC scope for this, nobody makes one.  You want MIL or MOA?  The scope on the MRAD is MOA, right?  Primary Arms has a badass illuminated 4-14 MOA scope.  If you want MIL reticle, the PA one is very basic, not illuminated.  They DO offer the 4-14 in the ACSS R-GRID scope.  Great scope.  If you want straight MILs though - Athlon.  The Talos BTR 4-14 scope is a great, illuminated MIL scope. 

Yeah....Matt and I park our trucks in the same garage. We're both MOA guys.

Just now, Rsquared said:

Yeah....Matt and I park our trucks in the same garage. We're both MOA guys.

The PA then - this one (unless you're looking for more magnification):

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-ffp-riflescope-arc-2-moa-reticle

3 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

BCG.........ORDERED!

You're not fuckin' about...   I like it...   :hail:

38 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Almost 850 bucks in PRI $hit, not counting the handle . :laffs:Now I remember why I've waited on building this thing in the past. Oh well.........what the Fuk right?

1 minute ago, Rsquared said:

Almost 850 bucks in PRI $hit, not counting the handle . :laffs:Now I remember why I've waited on building this thing in the past. Oh well.........what the Fuk right?

I get 10% off, brother.  I'm just sayin'...   I can take a little bit of the sting out of it, and we can build that bitch out here.  

58 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The PA then - this one (unless you're looking for more magnification):

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-ffp-riflescope-arc-2-moa-reticle

This is the optic on my Mod 1 Grendel, and it is absolutely fantastic! Adjustments are dead on the money, tracks like a NF, great glass for the money.

Me too. ^^^  Looking at posts here and reading up on a new cartridge is entertaining and fun.  Lots of cool studies.  Any cartridge that can extend our troops range and perform better than the existing is worth looking into.  This 6mm ARC may be the best from among many similar.  None of this takes my attention from the 30 cal,  which is a favorite.  I like the bang and rough stuff.  Sometimes you just got to get mean,  that just reminded me of a Josey Wales line.  Gotta walk the pup !

What Sets the 6mm ARC Apart? Here is a Cartridge Comparison:

308 Win
• The 6mm ARC delivers substantially less recoil allowing shooters to spot their own shots.
• The AR-15 platform features a higher magazine capacity. 
• The 6mm ARC offers a 30 to 35% lighter-weight package (gun and ammo). 
223/5.56
• The 6mm ARC achieves substantially better ballistics than the 223/5.56. It delivers less drop, less wind deflection and the ability to shoot accurate groups at much greater distance (1000+ yds). 
224 Valkyrie
• The 6mm ARC gives hunters the ability to successfully hunt varmints and deer. 
• The 6mm ARC produces a larger splash signature that allows shooters to self-spot impacts and make rapid adjustments. 
6.5 Grendel
• The 6mm ARC delivers comparable performance from a wider assortment of bullets, making it a more versatile choice. 
6.8 SPC
• The 6mm ARC has more match bullet options and is a better long-range performer.

51AA1345-DF5D-4B15-81D6-1E6CA84735FD.thumb.jpeg.8572a77bec6de317ed5f6b6e20ec573d.jpegBCM upper showed up today, already had the Spikes Tactical lower in the safe. Now just gotta get a barrel and rail heading this way

Just like @DNP said, the scratch and dent BCM upper is a steal for the price. Couple scratches on it, that’s it. No real defects at all that I see. I’ll certainly mark it up worse by throwing it around then how it came from BCM. 

Edited by DayWalker