• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

What’s this Larue BS?

Gonna be something that NOBODY else has.  And it's badass.  I think this cartridge is gonna smoke the Grendel - and I don't state that lightly. I'm hedging my bets, and making a badass rifle right outta the gate.  I hope it doesn't disappoint me like the Valk did...  That Valk is no Grendel-Killer, not in the least.  It's not bad - but it's no Grendel-Crusher, in all the media hype.  :bitchslap:

I hope this 6 ARC does what it states it will, before i get too deep into it with reloading and playing at distance.  If it sucks, and wasn't "about the hype" - I'll just put that LaRue Grendel barrel right back in this gun.  I know that cartridge performs...  :thumbup: 

21 minutes ago, DNP said:

NOBODY?  I admit...I haven’t read every post....but it sounds like there will be a couple Larue rails out there.  

I think we smoked @DayWalker and @Matt.Cross in the same thread. That's some serious success, right there.  :thumbup:

The icing on the cake is getting @Rsquared, too.  THAT is the big one.  He went all in, balls-deep, Grendel version, Mk12 Mod 0.  Major win in that one.  Love you, Ron.  :hail:

I have a HUGE downside in all this.  GIANT.  I'm not scared, but I have a fall-back plan... 

The downfall in all this is I have a complete LaRue 18" Grendel for $991.  Minus optics.

You know, if everything turns to shiit with the 6 ARC. 

Edited by 98Z5V

All y’all are sick and distorted. I love it!

i have read every word of this thread and find myself looking forward to checking in daily for more. This is a feeling I’m not accustomed to. I usually could give 2 shiits what others do and I usually pick the similar more difficult less popular route but this....this has got a hold of my soul and if I wasn’t scared of jumping on a band wagon and feeling like a fan boy. I might attempt to sweet talk my money manager on a third build in less than a year. I’ll hold out till someone has some actual trigger time behind one of these things. Then if all the hype is true I may wade into the band wagon waters. Cause if it’s as good as they say it will end up being another creedmoor craze. In the meantime y’all keep at it, I’m  in need of another fix.💉

I would knowingly buy snake oil from this group.  As a matter of fact I think I already bought some.  From what I've read so far and I've read from both sides of the aisle so to speak,  this round has more oomph than 5.56.  From that standpoint alone the round is a plus.  If I am incorrect on anything I post here I will consider it a favor to be corrected.  Recently on a documentary a few combat vets were saying the drug crazed opponents are still fighting after getting hit a few times.  They want a heavier bullet.  DoD wants a better fighting round out to 600 meters.  6mmARC is well suited for this endeavor.

@98Z5V has led this charge with his band of Merry,  our Band of Merry Brothers.  I wish all of us well.  In any case it's fun and not business for us.  For our troops it's big deal.  Folks will be looking at what we do and reading our posts on results.  We matter and what we do will count.  One of the best lines I've read is, " It's an excellent round for hunting and a good round for targets:  It's an excellent round for targets and a good round for hunting."  

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

The icing on the cake is getting @Rsquared, too.  THAT is the big one.  He went all in, balls-deep, Grendel version, Mk12 Mod 0.  Major win in that one.  Love you, Ron.  :hail:

Got an email with a tracking number for the barrel. Shows it hitting my door Thursday.

The BCG just hit my mailbox today.

Toolcraft_BCG.thumb.jpg.8f62f12700fd509e1697ca9d48371dee.jpg

Oh...........and :thefinger:

I wouldn't think it would take long to get a lower from Leander, Texas to south of Phoenix, AZ...   Ordered 11 June, shipped Monday morning, 22 June - that's not bad, right there, when they conservatively told me "two to three weeks" - and that's reasonable.  They got it out quick, but the anticipation of this bastard arriving is driving me nuts...  :laffs:

I'm glad to see some really nice builds going together, via massive amounts of shiit-talking and peer pressure.    Trying to decide if you'll build from a Wilson Combat set, or Mega billet set - that's impressive.  Going balls deep on a Grendel Mk12 Mod 0, and building that fucker from an old Armalite SPR lower?  Nuts.  Good nuts, not bad nuts...  :thumbup:  I'm damn glad my first Mk12 was a Mod 0, now, and I'm glad I built that thing up on Noveske receivers.  Had that NOT been the case, with all this current shiit going on, I'd be ripping that gun apart for the install of some badass receivers...   :thefinger::lmao:

Which is why this one had to be a LaRue.  The 18" Grendel SPR is on a full Limited Set of Army Green Aero Precision hardware.  The Mod 1 is nothing special, for receivers, but they're Aero standard receivers - not the cool new slick ones. The 16" Grendel M4 is on the Aero M4 Carbine lower - I like it.  The 18" M16A4 thing I built is on the Aero M16A4 lower...  Good parts go a long way to making a gun "special" to you, and for you.  I have some that are simply tools, and I didn't/don't care what receivers they were, as long as they had good barrels, BCGs, and triggers. 

I think this 6 ARC is gonna be a winner.  Not mediocre, like that damn Valk - but pretty damn good.  I want it to just SMOKE the Grendel, but only because I know that the Grendel is my benchmark for what the AR15 platform should be capable of.  It's got the numbers.  It's definitely already garnered the hype in the gun world.  And, ...    there's some unit out there running around with it, Doing Bag Things to Bad People with it.  I'm in.   :thumbup:

Time to place a call to Hornady tomorrow, and find out when they're dropping 6 ARC load data.  I keep waiting for it to pop up here, but it hasn't yet.  This is where they drop all the new data that came out after their last published manual, which is the Hornady 10 Manual.

https://www.hornady.com/support/load-data/

This has my hopes up - for greatness.  There wasn't all this technical info out there on the Valk - just alot of hype on it, fancy charts, whatever. I'm glad I built one, though.  Now I know.

This is good, and why I'm in early on this 6 ARC.

Q&A With Tom:

Q:  But Tom, I don't load my own ammo.  What do I do?

A:  Well, you can buy factory loaded ammo, and the heaviest that I know of right now - even though it's a Unicorn - it the Hornady Match 108gr ELD-M loaded ammo.  OR, you can man the fuk up and buy a press, and start loading ammo. You know, like the Real Men do, when they want the most out of their gun.  That was easy... 

Edited by 98Z5V

So the BA barrel showed up this afternoon. I may go ahead and assemble the lower this weekend (maybe). So now, I guess I've gotta source the handguard, top rail and sights. I'm probably gonna break protocol and use an AAC comp (so I can use one of my cans if I want), and I've got a spare Atlas bi-pod that I'll use. Other than that, it'll be glass after that.

No hurry though. November is still a couple months out.

No pressure. :thefinger:

My LaRue lower showed up at the shop, but I haven't had the time to get in there and get it yet.  The upper kit and scope mount still haven't shipped yet.  Glass is on the way.  200 rounds of Hornady Match still hasn't shipped yet, even though they stated that they had 116 boxes "in stock."  300 108gr projectiles sitting on the bench, no brass available yet, though.

I ordered the upper kit "unassembled," so as soon as everything gets here, I'm mixing Cerakote and painting everything.  THEN it goes together.  :thumbup:

Baby steps, men, baby steps.  Still a little time left 'til November.

Again, small baby steps.  Picked up the lower today.

The two items I was most worried about are in-hand - the lower, and the barrel.  The Ultimate Upper Kit still hasn't shipped yet, so I won't be painting this coming weekend, that's for sure.  I guess I should move my "worry" on to the ammo that hasn't shipped yet.  Waiting on the first 200 rounds to ship.  Done been paid for, was listed "in stock..."   :popcorn:

P1080733.thumb.JPG.4290dd558807aad3ea58a39e0c6df97e.JPG

P1080736.thumb.JPG.dbff6b7274beca291b075d5ee0ce2e66.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Nice looking lower, full blown LaRue rifle is gonna be bad ass. I ordered the 12” rail from them, but it’s back ordered. Been so busy with other shitt, haven’t had a chance to email them and find out estimated ship date. 

I tried to call them this afternoon, just to see if I'd have a chance of receiving the UU Kit, so I can plan paint this weekend - I was #18 in the cue to wait.  I'll call in the morning, and try to get in there early.  I'll ask about the 12" rails then, too.  :thumbup:

Pics don't do this pretty piece of billet justice, brother.  Not even close.  Maybe if it was a @DNP pic, you'd really be able to see how badass it really is.  I've handled @edgecrusher's OBR - that thing had me hooked in 2012.  I've wanted something full-gun LaRue ever since.  :hail:   If this 6 ARC sucks - I'll still have one badass Grendel.   :lmao:

15 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Been so busy with other shitt, haven’t had a chance to email them and find out estimated ship date. 

Cool story here, brother.  When I ordered my 12" for my Mod 1, I waited a week, and called.  Just wanted to know what the availability was, curious, you know?  The guy told me that the 12"s were OOS, and the next production run was going to start in 3 weeks...  then he says, "Can you hold for a few minutes?"  Or course I can, my good man.  He gets back on the line as says, "I can take a 12" rail from the guys that are assembling the full guns, and ship it out to you today."  I says, No need to do that, my good man - don't rob a guy that's waiting on a full gun...  He says, "They're building for stock right now, and all their guns aren't sold.  But your rail is sold, so I'll send you one today..."  I thanked him graciously, and accepted his offer.

Moral of the story - that's why it pays to talk to humans on a phone, and not send emails.   :thumbup: