• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The 1911 and 2011 is my preferred pistol. Chambered in 10mm or 40 S&W. These are the last two pistols I built. Most everything on them is customized and/or machined from billet.

The bottom one is a Kimber I bought over 20 years ago. The only Kimber part left on this pistol is the name on the slide. This is my only .45 left and it performs nightstand duty as I prefer slower/heavier bullets in close quarters.

IMG_0736 (1).jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

Traded my extra USP45 for this Kimber TLE/RL II. Previous owner switched the black, rubber stocks out for the Stoner CNC set.

70259110371__E0B070D5-FD3F-4ABC-8750-B4B661D0EC07.thumb.jpeg.447008f8111e6be7968b557f68e1b634.jpeg

It came with the original stocks and I installed them on my Colt MKIV, Series 70 project gun for the time being.

RenderedImage.thumb.jpeg.b8a04342906f5b26d5c5dead0c0f68ba.jpeg

Satisfied with myself, I took a “family photo” with my other Kimber, a Gold Combat II Limited Edition.

70259248437__80B69EE8-135B-4F7F-B981-228AEC11FE9C.thumb.jpeg.83c0df6c38598a47e196050f70c5b85f.jpeg

It was a good day.

• 1 month later...

Picked up this Springfield Armory Prodigy 9mm a couple of months ago. USPSA started a new division, Limited Optics, which is just like it sounds, Limited gun with a slide mounted red dot. The division is only scored minor power factor so no reason to go any bigger than 9MM. As much as I love shooting iron sights in the Limited Division, my eyes aren't what they used to be and I think the red dot will help me be more competitive. It will definitely make it more fun! The second pic is with the Burris Fastfire mounted on it.prodigy1.thumb.jpg.9a627a0baa2c1edce746eb5798287fde.jpgprodigy2.thumb.jpg.70c98baecb6dd0c2d4509ebcc0c5e79b.jpg

That's a hell of a great pistol, brother - very nice.  Bring that with you when you come out here next time.   :thumbup:

Also  - hop into Alex's new rig when you get the chance...   Let him give you a ride...   :banana:

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Also  - hop into Alex's new rig when you get the chance...   Let him give you a ride...   :banana:

Don't aggravate the situation! Mayra is already wanting a side by side! If we can find someone to buy Her Dodge Challenger so we can get out from under it I told her we could shop for a side by side. If that happens I will definitely be contacting you before anyone else.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 10:57 PM, 98Z5V said:

That's a hell of a great pistol, brother - very nice.  Bring that with you when you come out here next time.   :thumbup:

It was way too fukkin hot to go for a ride when I was there. Even after the sun went down. Damn good excuse to stay in the house and drink Jameson though. Yeah, that happened!:laffs:

It was great seeing you again brother!:thumbup:

Edited by 392heminut

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Madhouse said:

At what point should I start calling it a addiction? Lol! 

Nope, not addiction.  Negative connotations in that.  It's "an affliction..."   :lmao:

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Always after the next one.   In the words of Desmond Doss, "Please Lord, help me get one more."

That's fuqn HILARIOUS, right there!!!   :laffs::thumbup: