• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Range report

Took my AR308 to the range and met some family there.
We took them out to 700 yards with know issues except carrying all the gear to the line, I find I need a cart.  

I wasn’t sure mine would be sighted right since I had removed the scope and replace it after some work to it, but was hitting steel at 200 within a couple rounds. Then took it out 300,400,500,700. 
The more I shoot it the more I’m impressed. 
Great way to start a weekend.

IMG_1408.jpeg

14 hours ago, NightStalker said:

I find I need a cart.  

That's where I'm at now.  Planning to take 4 guns (2 AR308s, TC muzzle loader & a 10/22) up to the lake next weekend to sight in after putting new or different optics on each.  Lots of associated gear to set up a temporary range.  Hell, it's going to be challenge to find cases to transport just the guns with the optics in the truck.  Got one nice Pelican hard case custom fitted for one of the 308s, and one nice soft case that'll fit anything.  Think there are a couple Flambeau & Plano hard cases up in the attic that'll do just fine.  Folding table.  Duck blind seat. Shooting sled. Good binoculars. Targets. And need to make a target stand that'll stand up to the 308s and .50.  This is adding up to a lot of poop to pack for a relaxing weekend ...  luxury problem for sure.

It is a shooting weekend for sure the Boomer shoot is going on this weekend Fri,Sat. and Sunday (dynamite shoot) and the gong shoot is going on this is the final weekend championship shoot I was in fourth till yesterday fell down the board a bit (wind) but I have a chance to win yet the championship shoot weekend you can shoot both days but can only choose one of them for score so I got to get busy today.....

2 hours ago, Magwa said:

It is a shooting weekend for sure the Boomer shoot is going on this weekend Fri,Sat. and Sunday (dynamite shoot) and the gong shoot is going on this is the final weekend championship shoot I was in fourth till yesterday fell down the board a bit (wind) but I have a chance to win yet the championship shoot weekend you can shoot both days but can only choose one of them for score so I got to get busy today.....

Good luck. Know you will do well.

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Looks like the BLM Range out near Lake Pleasant.   :thumbup:

Yep that’s where we were. I shot my first 47/70, belong to my brother. Heck of a gun “I WANT ONE” lol. 
I didn’t want to run him out of ammo with it but it hit everything I shot at.   
Good family fun. 

9 hours ago, NightStalker said:

That what my brother has in SS, it’s def a shooter.

That’s the one I have. It’s my favorite gun to shoot, by far. Get the Hornady Leverlution 325 FX rounds for it. They’re screamers at 2100or 2300 fps…can’t remember…but faster than most rounds for that caliber. 

I’m still running the ghost rings. Don’t think I’ve hit better than 200 out. 500 is a hell of a shot. I keep that thing loaded for home protection.  A message to intruders: Go ahead…wear plates.