• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spring Shoot 2024 AAR

Might as well kick this one off right away!   :banana:  @Matt.Cross flight was perfectly timed around noon today, @Cunuckgaucho arrived at 1515hrs.  We're working on a good Queso dip right now, Matt is prepping his marinade for T-Bones, and I've got 2 T-Bones in the salt treatment as we speak. 

Tonight we feast, T-Bones and shrimp on the grill.  Tomorrow morning, we pack the trailer, and head to the SDTF.   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, sketch said:

Packing in that energy for a few days of hi octane fun in the sdtf! Get after it! 🍻🍻

I'm so stuffed, brother, I can't move.  And I still have work to do tonight.  FML...   :lmao:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm so stuffed, brother, I can't move.  And I still have work to do tonight.  FML...   :lmao:

You are energy independent...... I call it a meat coma best way to kick off any event you guys have fun and be safe see you soon...

4 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Lost me with the "Urine Remover" ...

Brand new bottle, fresh from the store.  If you had cats, you'd understand the need...   :laffs:

GREAT Weekend!!!

First and foremost, @JBMatt COLD BORED THE 2K!!!   :hail:

Thursday and Friday, we were rained on, but went on with everything anyway.  Saturday and Sunday were MUCH better, and more like normal.  The others will be in here with stories, I'm sure.  

@JBMatt and I took a hike up to the 712, and repainted it and re-hung it.  It was previously only up there with hooks and 550 cord.  Here it is before - now it has heavy duty chain bolted to it, and repainted...

image.thumb.jpeg.d7f4e6f01af55f04817343b0e8c8780f.jpeg

It rained so much in Friday, that we ended up with a double rainbow...

image.thumb.jpeg.a224d93bd60a3e95a3393b6101c1f69a.jpeg

Impacts on the 2k, shot on Friday, in the rain...

image.thumb.jpeg.1548cdc0855b6c6b06044e349bddef58.jpeg

Today's position for the 2k, @Cunuckgaucho on his 6.5 PRC, @Matt.Cross photo-bombing, I'm spotting...

image.thumb.jpeg.636b932f62e956f126500be0b8f5462e.jpeg

For what Todd said above - that's what we're here for, brother.  Get it on target. :thumbup:   @Magwa, Todd's gun is the Savage 110 Precision Elite in .338 Lapua, shooting factory Hornady Precision Hunter 270gr ELD-X.  It was single-digit SD stuff.  Right around 23.5 Mils of dope on that, to get it on the plate, which is impressive by itself - that's not alot of dial/dope, to hit 2k.  His first 2 shots were 2952 fps and 2954 fps.   After that, we didn't really watch it, just calculated 2953 into the program, and ran it.  First string of 5, really close, all over the outside edges of the target.  Take a break, cool the barrel, put another shooter and gun up on the platform, and return later.  Todd's next turn up - impact on the first round of that string.  Damn near center fukkin' mass on that target.  It was pretty cool to run spotter-duties for that one.  Badass shot, badass gun. 

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

For what Todd said above - that's what we're here for, brother.  Get it on target. :thumbup:   @Magwa, Todd's gun is the Savage 110 Precision Elite in .338 Lapua, shooting factory Hornady Precision Hunter 270gr ELD-X.  It was single-digit SD stuff.  Right around 23.5 Mils of dope on that, to get it on the plate, which is impressive by itself - that's not alot of dial/dope, to hit 2k.  His first 2 shots were 2952 fps and 2954 fps.   After that, we didn't really watch it, just calculated 2953 into the program, and ran it.  First string of 5, really close, all over the outside edges of the target.  Take a break, cool the barrel, put another shooter and gun up on the platform, and return later.  Todd's next turn up - impact on the first round of that string.  Damn near center fukkin' mass on that target.  It was pretty cool to run spotter-duties for that one.  Badass shot, badass gun. 

22.3 Mils of dial +1 in the reticle.

Edited by Camotruck

Nice job Todd, and nice shooting JBMatt sounds like a good time was had by all and more new info was learned that is what it is all about... I will have a new dance partner in the fall in addition to Fat Alice and the 6.5 284 looking forward to it...