• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

24 minutes ago, washguy said:

Cowboy cut ribeye......great cut of meat!   don't be lathering the ribeye up with any jams or jellies...a lil rub...hi temp sear each side...serve med rare.....yum       :thumbup:     Wash

:thumbup:Exactly my plan. Put my slather on this morning, garlic, my special rub and a little olive oil.. Bring it to room temp this afternoon, sear both sides at 750F, then offset heat to medium rare and let set ten minutes. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been lazy on sending pics,sorry 'bout that.Haven't done anything different. I have been learning how to work in the kitchen with the ol'lady. She is a tough taskmaster. FYI we have been giving what we bake away or I would be in big fukin trouble. Here is a Prime rib that's been dry aged now for 2 days in the fridge. Thursday going on the GM w/ mesquite pellets. 3 rib roast. Cooking day it will just get EEVO oil, sea salt and ground black pepper. 500*  for 15 min. each side fat cap up turn down to 190* for 125* internal for rare.

The one thing I learned about the GM is when they want you to cook at a specific temperature, that is the temp after it has stabilized. Makes a big difference in cook time. Other than that it's easy to use. You don't have to vac out the firebox if maybe once at the end of the year depends on your use. Once you get the hang of it you will use it more.

DSC02213.JPG

DSC02212.JPG

Bottom 2 pics was 2 bone prime rib dry aged in the fridge for 4 days. no cling wrap just open in the fridge. Pic of the grill is after sear 15 min. eac. side 500*. Foggy as $hit and it got worse toward the end it started raining. After the sear you set temp to 190* so as the temp goes down it cooks. It was 50 min. GM temp w/probe in the meat and GM read 130* we put another digital probe and it read 120* went for 132* the outside just from the EVO,Ground black pepper and kosher salt [ large uniform grains] it had a killer crust. In hind sight I should have pulled it at 120* I wrap it in foil and let it rest for 30 min. This little details I ignored in the past really to work. When they say wrap it, it matters. The one pic shows the heart of the cut like butter.:drool:

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02228.JPG

DSC02227.JPG

DSC02226.JPG

DSC02225.JPG

DSC02224.JPG

fog9.JPG

fog8.JPG

fog7.JPG

fog6.JPG

fog5.JPG

fog4.JPG

fog2.JPG

fog1.JPG

fog.JPG

9 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Bottom 2 pics was 2 bone prime rib dry aged in the fridge for 4 days. no cling wrap just open in the fridge. Pic of the grill is after sear 15 min. eac. side 500*. Foggy as $hit and it got worse toward the end it started raining. After the sear you set temp to 190* so as the temp goes down it cooks. It was 50 min. GM temp w/probe in the meat and GM read 130* we put another digital probe and it read 120* went for 132* the outside just from the EVO,Ground black pepper and kosher salt [ large uniform grains] it had a killer crust. In hind sight I should have pulled it at 120* I wrap it in foil and let it rest for 30 min. This little details I ignored in the past really to work. When they say wrap it, it matters. The one pic shows the heart of the cut like butter.:drool:

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02228.JPG

DSC02227.JPG

DSC02226.JPG

DSC02225.JPG

DSC02224.JPG

fog9.JPG

fog8.JPG

fog7.JPG

fog6.JPG

fog5.JPG

fog4.JPG

fog2.JPG

fog1.JPG

fog.JPG

hot damn that looks great! i have to reserch the open air ageing?

Edited by sketch
good shits

• 2 weeks later...

Rene and Shepp, damn those look good! Celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary in Minneapolis tonight. Went to Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse, think it means “death by meat” . It was expensive and good, but I don’t doubt that you two, Wash,  quite a few others and myself as well, are much better artisans when it comes to cooking meat. My wife and son both told me they prefer mine. 

15 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Right?!!?  That vid worked, that's for damn sure!  That smoker was LOADED!  :hail:

2o pounds of string cheese ??

bacon has the cure one- two weeks then I’ll pull it and smoke it a couple hours then it’s game time!!

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic