• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

Washman, I've been here before but forgot,  I been watching Traeger,  saw a small one. Renegade,  but will go with the GMGrill if I can decide which one will work, so I'm asking about a basic one, don't cook a large volume at a setting. Usually a rack of ribs, or a 12 lb. turkey or 3 or four rib-eyes or porterhouses, a couple of striper fishes, don't especially need a WI-FI one but would if it will work with my DSL router and my Amazon  Fire HD, or a Windows 10 desktop or laptop, instead of a smart phone.

What say Ye? And any of you other smoking Gurus?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MRMAC.   Daniel Boone size Green Mountain..... If you have wifi in the casa go for the wifi... And if you can't get a nice deal by you.... Call my Gal Jen ext 2 at Green Mountain. And tell her you be my friend.. Lol.... Pm me and I'll give you the details on what to say to her... You need the blanket for sure and the grill cover up too..... Dont even mention traeger and GMG in the same sentence... Lol....... Ill tell you this grill is seven years  old. put thousands of pounds of pellets thru it... And yes stuff needs replacing after the warrenty... But ive not paid for hardly anything.. And when I've had to pay it was not much and they would ship overnite with no charge... Customer service is awesome..... JENNIFER..is the ticket... Maybe she can help you.   Wash

7 hours ago, washguy said:

MRMAC.   Daniel Boone size Green Mountain..... If you have wifi in the casa go for the wifi... And if you can't get a nice deal by you.... Call my Gal Jen ext 2 at Green Mountain. And tell her you be my friend.. Lol.... Pm me and I'll give you the details on what to say to her... You need the blanket for sure and the grill cover up too..... Dont even mention traeger and GMG in the same sentence... Lol....... Ill tell you this grill is seven years  old. put thousands of pounds of pellets thru it... And yes stuff needs replacing after the warrenty... But ive not paid for hardly anything.. And when I've had to pay it was not much and they would ship overnite with no charge... Customer service is awesome..... JENNIFER..is the ticket... Maybe she can help you.   Wash

OKAY, I'll  PM you when I get the funds allocated, my banker is celebrating today,

42 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Well damn!  That is purdy. 

Just wrapped. Kept em company with some butter, brown sugar and honey. Money shot coming soon. No pun intended. 

20180513_145330.thumb.jpg.13bf6f4d65d75460a8cff28494dba0ce.jpg

EXACTLY     brown sugar and butter is your friend...and honey don't hurt either   !!   what temp you at?       Wash

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Allright Boot!!   I'm at stall speed. Er stall temp 163..... 40 more to go

20180513_150646.jpg

I at 165 on one 183 on the other, I just flipped them thinking one side maybe hotter. Peach cobblers just about done, head over to mom  and dads for dinner (with the cobbler). Hopper is fully Pellets and I’ll monitor temps from their house ?

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Baby backs in the repurposed air tank right now. 

20180513_140806.thumb.jpg.eef183381079dd0b5dbb71e759cc4703.jpg

20180513_122909.thumb.jpg.a8b97f482c6ce317b682b4be4c0b07d7.jpg

That’s a cool looking set up boot!! Gas assist? Then pile wood in that bottom compartment? My friends son made a smoker outta a keg in his metals class in HS

9 minutes ago, shepp said:

I at 165 on one 183 on the other, I just flipped them thinking one side maybe hotter. Peach cobblers just about done, head over to mom  and dads for dinner (with the cobbler). Hopper is fully Pellets and I’ll monitor temps from their house ?

That’s a cool looking set up boot!! Gas assist? Then pile wood in that bottom compartment? My friends son made a smoker outta a keg in his metals class in HS

Thanks, gas, hot plate at the bottom. Got like 6 bucks into it but it works like a champ. I'm about to go all in and give RecTec a pile of my money. 

20160303_120529.thumb.jpg.5ada78f02696b91a8dd72c1089cc1f2c.jpg

20160303_120544.thumb.jpg.32067dccc145fb41b652e978cd5581ab.jpg

15262475138091386899774.thumb.jpg.e6dc2eef17c6f86604532af0fbc391cc.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper

I can see there are some Epic Mommas Day Q's underway. Here is the start of my contribution. 2 untrimmed sirloins from our cow. For comparison that is a 10 inch blade on that chef knife. Steaks are 1 1/2 inches thick. After pics later

20180513_171028.jpg

Edited by Sisco

On 5/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, shepp said:

Details? Somthing id like to do, one of the grocery stores I service gets in whole locally raised lamb. Somthing I’ve always wanted to try but never had

I know is somewhat lame but because it had been some time I just followed this for the most part and just added little things that I know I like.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-lamb-chops-recipe-1942231

Edited by GoodByNAair

My wife's 1st year as a Mom made it easy on me and just wanted asparagus and sea scallops grilled for dinner.(+ a large glass of wine) Note I told her the sky was the limit but being the  chill gal that she is, just wanted to relax at home. So here it is.

Scallops need to be fresh.

They get olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and a pinch of slap ya mamma. 

Be sure NOT to over cook the scallops.

asparagus: gets the same treatment.

asparagus needs to go on the grill a good 10 minutes before scallops.

20180512_191411.jpg

20180512_191415.jpg

Edited by GoodByNAair

3 hours ago, GoodByNAair said:

They get olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and a pinch of slap ya mamma. 

Be sure NOT to over cook the scallops.

asparagus: gets the same treatment.

I love me a packet of asparagus on the grill but I take it up and away from the flame for more of an indirect cook, and load the butter on it. just don't cook to long or you will be eating rubber. lol. 

scallops sounds good, never tried them on the grill.

20180513_203037.thumb.jpg.29712bc19956075b6a18e3420c390029.jpg

This is what I cooked the wife tonight. Ribeye on the grill topped with smoked mozzarella cheese and mushrooms. mushrooms were cooked first in a packet on the grill. The corn was also cooked on the grill with the husk on until it was nice and black and burnt. 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, shepp said:

Rubbing my meat this morning shhhhhhh don’t tell mom!! 

@mrmackc just to show you those are two 7ish pound pork shoulders on my Daniel Boone

C065B9A8-CA6D-4D76-95E6-17A1F992806A.jpeg

1245CA3D-B52F-436E-BEFA-170219A6B17A.jpeg

A8EA1D98-8C3C-412A-9730-54E2092A77FD.jpeg

Looks like you have plenty of room. Do you use timed cooking or meat temp cooking? 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic