Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i cook ribs by beer. oil and seasond to your liking. make a tinfoil boat and fill with beer to the bottom of the ribs. 225-300 for 2 hours or untill the meat pulls back from the end of the bones. most of the beer is evaporated. then open the tinfoil and slather in bbq sause. let it ride for another 20 min. and fake some smokers bark.. been working on lpgas grill for a few years. no complaints. but cant compair to my bros^^^ smokers... 

Sketch, I am going to try that next time I don’t have a lot of time. To be honest, I am using my tower smoker less and less. For the smaller amounts I smoke and cook now, my Akorn with the ceramic diffuser does a very nice job. Wood up here is so cheap and easy to get, I can’t justify a pellet grill. If I was in a metro area, I would have one tomorrow, though. Heck, I just cut up some maple tops that came down this winter, and I will be using them to smoke all summer! 

AA9484BF-733B-4075-A8D4-6A8280A630FA.jpeg

BOOT. you are right on track... When ya get a really good bone in rib eye or a baseball cut... Reverse sear is awesome on a smoker.... Me and Char found a fish joint right by our casa.. Called the Fish Shack.... Daaaamn.        Wash

37451.jpeg

50 minutes ago, washguy said:

BOOT. you are right on track... When ya get a really good bone in rib eye or a baseball cut... Reverse sear is awesome on a smoker.... Me and Char found a fish joint right by our casa.. Called the Fish Shack.... Daaaamn.        Wash

37451.jpeg

Yum!!

35 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Snow in Dallas in May!!!! Wait a minute, just checked weather.com, it’s 89F in Dallas.

Doing rack of lamb on the grill tonight.

LOL     :thumbup:   Wash         ummmmm rack of lamb.......play by play  pretty please

Edited by washguy

4 hours ago, washguy said:

LOL     :thumbup:   Wash         ummmmm rack of lamb.......play by play  pretty please

Just minced garlic olive oil and Penzeys lamb spices. Rub and refrigerate 6 hours. Heat grill to 425. Offset heat until internal 145F. Let rest 3 minutes slice and enjoy.

20180519_180117.jpg

20180519_174514.jpg

On 5/22/2018 at 12:32 PM, unforgiven said:

Butterfly a leg of lamb and get more meat less bones.

Different flavor though I have a,couple of butterflied legolambs in the freezer. It is like the old line “ the closer to the bone the sweeter the meat”. Doing a small beef sirloin tri tip tomorrow.

Not grilling, but getting ready to turn the Crock Pot loose again, with about 6lbs of beef roast.  :thumbup:

Bed of potato, then yellow onion, both diced/cubed. In will go the roast once the salt-cure is done.  Different bell peppers all around, onion soup mix on top of the roasts, pepperoncinis all over the top of that, then the mushrooms (heavily salted) on top. High for 4 hours, low for a few more... 

P1060346.thumb.JPG.74b0df2adb4e25fb5bb36794c4056510.JPG

Once it cooks down for a few hours, there will be room for the mushrooms. 

P1060347.thumb.JPG.8b2aa950bc51f11ebf0a0239b8bb5014.JPG

P1060348.thumb.JPG.b31d4d399dc596df59e8e4c8b366e023.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic