• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Wahoo is tasty. It makes good shashimi and sushi as well. Good stuff! Always fun to have the right fishing partners Wash!:banana:

C9556986-D7FB-4A5E-B1F8-85976D819112.jpeg

^^^ that does not look like a wahoo to me? 

23 hours ago, washguy said:

Hey Good     those wahoo are tasty!  We have rockfish aka stripers here in Texas at lake Texoma on the border with Oklahoma...one of the few lakes where they reproduce....that's all I did for a number of years was striper fishing ...they only get in the mid twenty pound range here....when they are bustin on top its like theres bricks falling  from the sky into the water...that's how big the splashes are of the feeding fish....the big ones we put back, the lil 3 /4 pounders are the good eaters ....have you ever taken a fillet and made a boat out of tin foil and use lotsa butter, and paprika with some garlic?  keeps those fish moist and tender.... bout 10 mins over flame if that....yummy!:thumbup:   Wash

I will have to try that next  time I pull in some rock fish. In trophy season see them 40s" and even 50"+ big boys!

My brother ( being a clown) last year holding a 43" rock 

20180504_000809.png

Edited by GoodByNAair

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grilled Yellow Tail   screw yellow tail use rockfish

Picture

4 yellow tail fillets....use any fricken fish you want...catfish is great too
Olive oil.............screw olive oil use more butter
Salt & Pepper
Garlic powder.....use real garlic
Lemon, sliced
4 T. butter.......................MORE BUTTER
4 large pieces of foil
USE paprika til everythings orange in color  

Heat the grill to medium.        Don't wrap the fish just make an open boat if theres skin put it down......paprika don't for get this     smileys drinking beer smiley     Wash

Place a fillet in the middle of each piece of foil. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the fish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top with a lemon slice and 1 tbsp. butter. Wrap the fish on the foil making a foil boat. Place on the grill for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from grill, carefully open foil boat and place fish on a plate. Drizzle with a little more lemon juice and serve.

3 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Just had an awesome plate of food; shrimp teriyaki stir fry with lo mein, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and a side of shrimp sauce. 

Man, it was awesome!

Like that oriental stir fry stuff myself. In 24 hours you will develop a close personal relationship with your favorite porcelin goddess.

AD1FF0CF-441F-4B69-95FC-829D016D56A0.jpeg

It looks good for a Metro area. I am spoiled though, I get half a cow  every year and pay $3 a pound for wrapped frozen cuts. So for $800-$900 I get 300 pounds of steaks, roasts, hamburger, Brisket, stew meat, etc etc. Usually lasts me more than a year, and it is top quality.  And locally I have a source on Amish free range chicken for as low as 99 cents a pound butchered and packaged. You might check some small towns down there for butcher stores that sell sides of beef. Get a good price and you pay for the needed freezer in savings the first year. Always ask to buy a few sample cuts from a steer from the ranch raising them so you see what you will get as far as quality. Some of you Arizona guys might want to cooperatively buy in bulk and really lower your prices. Going to the supermarket and buying individual cuts is tough on the pocket book.

New sushi grill in the hood....so im driving by at lunch ...okay...this is just WRONG...you don't go for sushi at lunch,but its a grill too?  had a bento box whatever ....bang bang fried shrimp ....misso soup?..is misso the Asian word for sewer?...dumplings laying in a 1/4 inch of oil.....my rectum twitched when I put a fork in those...no chop sticks...just gimme an effin fork....sushi piled high....brought it up to my nose...nope on that....oh the white rice was awesome!    bang bang my azz.....:laffs:   Wash

5 minutes ago, washguy said:

New sushi grill in the hood....so im driving by at lunch ...okay...this is just WRONG...you don't go for sushi at lunch,but its a grill too?  had a bento box whatever ....bang bang fried shrimp ....misso soup?..is misso the Asian word for sewer?...dumplings laying in a 1/4 inch of oil.....my rectum twitched when I put a fork in those...no chop sticks...just gimme an effin fork....sushi piled high....brought it up to my nose...nope on that....oh the white rice was awesome!    bang bang my azz.....:laffs:   Wash

Was it in a gas station?

I am careful with sushi restaurants. I will make my own, but only when I know the fish I get is fresh. And it has to be ocean fish. Freshwater fish have too many parasites. That is miso soup your talking about, I believe. It is ok but I don’t go out of my way for it. Think it is fermented soybean curd. Best sushi restaurant I ever ate at was Murimotos in Philadelphia. Murimoto once bested Bobbie Flay in a chef competition. It was great! Just oven baked a brown trout and coho salmon that were swimming in the lake three hours ago. Was fantastic!

20 minutes ago, washguy said:

Exactly   what was I thinkin.?  Lunch special sushi grill. Miso soup was like drinking dirty water run thru 98 Zs jock strap.. Nah  never again.. A big ol pork butt this weekend will cure me   ?     Wash

Think I’m gonna do some pork Sunday 

Wife asked me to cook breakfast for her women’s club on Saturday. Thinking of a couple of 12 egg Chorizo Frittatas in my two biggest cast iron pans. With mexican crumbling cheese in them and some quesedilla melting cheese on top. A pound of good chorizo each. Champaign on the side.Maybe spike it so the ladies get a little wild!:evil:

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Wife asked me to cook breakfast for her women’s club on Saturday. Thinking of a couple of 12 egg Chorizo Frittatas in my two biggest cast iron pans. With mexican crumbling cheese in them and some quesedilla melting cheese on top. A pound of good chorizo each. Champaign on the side.Maybe spike it so the ladies get a little wild!:evil:

I love chorizo and eggs, buying or making the chorizo, I got a recipe that’s pretty good. American fry or hashbrowns on the side to soak up some of that heat/grease? 

I do a lot of “skillets” for breakfast potato/veggie base, eggs either scrambled or over med, meat (chorizo, bacon or sausage) and topped with cheese

Forget all that fancy stuff get a couple g gallons lo fat milk, three large boxes of Kellogs mini wheats and a loaf of wheat bread a pound of butter and, get the truck loaded for a morning at the range leave a nice note and a bouquet on the table and leave before dawn, stop at I HOP for breakfast..  You are going to die any way you go..

38 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Forget all that fancy stuff get a couple g gallons lo fat milk, three large boxes of Kellogs mini wheats and a loaf of wheat bread a pound of butter and, get the truck loaded for a morning at the range leave a nice note and a bouquet on the table and leave before dawn, stop at I HOP for breakfast..  You are going to die any way you go..

EXACTLY !   how ya feeling Mrmackc ?       Wash

2 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Sir, you have got a point there, a very good point!

?:laffs:

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic