imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, washguy said:

EXACTLY    MrMac    Home Sweet Home        :thumbup:     ill never forget Coopers in Llano...we ordered a couple slices of brisket one rib some potato salad   bill was a lil over 30 bills....WTF?    Oh the beans are free...fukkin A   nasty salted down brisket....I posted on yelp and got skinned alive then banished...:laffs: for saying Coopers wasn't all that         :banana:    Wash

Well, hell, ...we just tell it like we see it, I don't have any stock in any Bar-Be-Que outfit except the one at Courtney Casa, but my son-in-law does do some lipsmacking baby back ribs on his wood fired smoker at Frazier Casa......up in Lubbock. By the way I usually don't have much to photograph afterwards, just some droppings on my Tee shirt and some greasy lips.:embarrassed:

Edited by mrmackc

"Ever heard of  Salt Lick BBQ? I like their rub, they are in Texas somewhere. ? "    Yep...their bbq sauce is awesome !  used to buy it online,but the local g store has it now...different, but great!   Austin is where they are.     :thumbup:     Wash

11 minutes ago, washguy said:

"Ever heard of  Salt Lick BBQ? I like their rub, they are in Texas somewhere. ? "    Yep...their bbq sauce is awesome !  used to buy it online,but the local g store has it now...different, but great!   Austin is where they are.     :thumbup:     Wash

Havent see their sauce up here. I usually make my own to get away from high fructose corn syrup and all the preservative crud. Use honey and maple syrup for sweetners. But I will check it out on the web.

28 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Havent see their sauce up here. I usually make my own to get away from high fructose corn syrup and all the preservative crud. Use honey and maple syrup for sweetners. But I will check it out on the web.

Speaking of sauce I found this at the local piggly wiggly, you ever heard of them sisco? Like sweet baby rays but thinner and ten times better, they have a hot one at the store too 

88635484-6FD1-4379-AB04-55F8C9CD94E9.jpeg

6EA8FFD3-44C6-4960-87D8-B9DE0BE78266.jpeg

10 hours ago, washguy said:

Salt Lick has some pretty good bbq. Their original store in Driftwood has a  awesome brick fire pit about 4 ft tall x 15 ft circumference  they cook meat in. Pretty cool setup.

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

After 36 years I'm still using Woody's cooking sauce on beef and chicken. Lately I have tried some of the rubs I see on this site. 

You should buy some fresh stuff, that might be rancid :laffs:

Hey brother Good... Make reservations for 3 at 6pm...have beers and spinach dip... Geez that's a nasty combo  :laffs:.. Then when it's time to order.. Say these majic words... Ill have the prime rib rare and load up the baked potato  please :thumbup:   Wash

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Hey brother Good... Make reservations for 3 at 6pm...have beers and spinach dip... Geez that's a nasty combo  :laffs:.. Then when it's time to order.. Say these majic words... Ill have the prime rib rare and load up the baked potato  please :thumbup:   Wash

i hear that! 

A good friend of mine went fishing in NC over this past weekend. When he got home he texted me saying he had 35lbs of Wahoo would I like some..... I was like is that a question?!. So dinner to night is Wahoo and corn, the chicken is for lunch for the rest of this week.  

Cooking the fish falls under the same recipe as the rock fish.

IMG_0210.jpg

20180502_175755.jpg

20180502_185025.jpg

Edited by GoodByNAair

Hey Good     those wahoo are tasty!  We have rockfish aka stripers here in Texas at lake Texoma on the border with Oklahoma...one of the few lakes where they reproduce....that's all I did for a number of years was striper fishing ...they only get in the mid twenty pound range here....when they are bustin on top its like theres bricks falling  from the sky into the water...that's how big the splashes are of the feeding fish....the big ones we put back, the lil 3 /4 pounders are the good eaters ....have you ever taken a fillet and made a boat out of tin foil and use lotsa butter, and paprika with some garlic?  keeps those fish moist and tender.... bout 10 mins over flame if that....yummy!:thumbup:   Wash

5 hours ago, DNP said:

You say striper fishing, or stripper fishin'?

DNP   I did both.....we had  4 gals  that were a lil more than  strippers  on my fly bridge butt nekkid on a hot summer day....the fishing guides all knew me and when striper fishing everyone ends up in a flotilla catching the schools of fish...and here we are down rigging with the nasty's right thru the middle of the 25 boats......you should have heard the radio...there were men, women, and kids that got an eyeful..after all fishing is a family sport!.....its a wonder we didn't get put in game warden jail.......so then we tied up at the Oklahoma side marina and one of the older guides we liked ...we punked him by having the gals hide in the front cabin nekkid and when he boarded we told him that something was wrong up front and we were taking on water so pretty please go check it out....HA   when he open the door we pushed him in and barricaded him in with 4 gals   lol.....now that's the way to fish!  :lmao:   Wash

20180503_141053.jpg

Edited by washguy

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic