• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Only Purpose For A Pistol...

planeflyer21

Here in Indiana it's not aganst the law if your psitol is visable,but I dont let on I'm carrying.The thought, and I can see it is if some one is gonna commit a crime what ever security and those that are known to have a weapon will be the first targets.C.C. maintains the element of surprise.Also it was said that if someone knew you were armed you could be drawn into a situation unnessasarily[that one is a <dontknow>].Guy goes to the zoo not far from here with a pistol in open carry the people around him were upset.He has the permit and the L.E.O.'s asked him just to cover up the pistol so as not to rattle the people,he said no I'm excersing my 2nd ammendment and after being asked again just to cover it was arrested for disorderly.

For a pistol, I never carry less than 19 rounds of .45 ACP.

Amature!  <laughs>

Don't blame you a bit...I've always got 28 minimum on me.

Of .45ACP.

Open carry can cause undue attention, from public or police.  TPD likes to believe they are in Little Chicago and treat everyone as a criminal.

Jon

Sorounded by women in my house they cant tell im concealed ever and in todays drama tv to real poop at the movies or just walking down a street they know i will be protecting them as needed. But going to those places where its fround on thats when the psychos come out and I might be armed with a pistol and a knife. People get crazy over the sight of guns especially un-educated types! and some like my girls.. less is more? I do find myself at the range spending more time with the pistol cause you cant beat the accuracy of a riffle!

I have carried concealed for over 30 years Idaho is a wonderful state , I have just about worn off all the bluing off a custom 1911 from holster wear, but i am not a fan of open carry as it just seems to alarm the very people we may need to protect who won't protect themselves.... I also do not want to be far from a long gun.

I also think falling asleep with a fire arm on my side is much more comfy as a compact than a m4 or 12 ga. (in the wild) in my house I would keep this under my pillow! I dont take a pillow in to (the wild)

What you dont have a backpackers pillow ? Only weighs 4 oz.

That way you can sleep with a gun under you pillow. <laughs>

There was a movie with Sean Connery,  about robbing software from a super-tall tower in -- Malaysia? -- at the turn of the Millennia.  An early scene,  Connery is 'visiting' the female lead;  she was trying to locate an accomplice to do this robbery.  Connery is answering her 'ad.'  She is seen as going to bed,  carefully placing her revolver under the pillow.  She wakes up,  camera closed in on her face.  She yawns,  feels for the gun and it is missing.  She is alarmed,  the camera backs off as she sits up and looks around.  Connery is sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed with a smile and the gun in his hands.

Everybody puts their gun under the pillow.  An intruder would be stupid to not try to check under a pillow before the person wakes up.  Or be very aware if the persons hands try to do anything with the pillow and take countering action.

My gun sleeps nestled at my waist.  It is right by my hands if needed and often under me,  difficult for an intruder to remove while I sleep.  Also something different.  Something that might not be expected?  Some of my guns nest comfortably,  some are lumpy and do not often sleep with me.  Often,  there is more than one gun sleeping with me.  An intruder might take one before I woke enough to know,  might not expect the rest?

There was a story,  maybe an urban legend,  maybe real.  The man woke and there was a gunman in the bedroom.  The man had a M1911 sleeping with him,  raised and fired the .45 under the covers ending the gunman's criminal career before the gunman realized the threat.

In my own actual life I hope all this is conversation and unwarranted concern.  I have had intruders/house invasion robbery when no one was home.  I now do suggested things to discourage criminal interest;  hopefully that will be enough.

I would like to also note that my house invaders were scared off and ran before taking very much.  One of the first things they did,  obviously,  however,  was to pull my bed apart and move the mattress to see what might be hidden under it.  LEO's here might be well aware of a lot of things like this.  The rest of us just get suckered by 'normal' tendencies?  The house invasion was years ago.  I still circle my house since then (street and alleyway,  a minor change in my driving route) when arriving home to try to be sure it is safe to  come home.

Either you would need to be a very deep sleeper or they would need to be the sneakiest person on Earth to reach under your pillow while you are sleeping.

Should anyone try that with me they would quickly find out that I don't sleep that deeply, and the not so nice part of me is likely the part that wakes up first.

My brother was home in his apartment one night (back when he was a teen), lights off and he thought he heard something.

Stood there in the dark and he realized someone was sliding open the back window ever so slowly.  He waited, then grabbed the person in a headlock and turned on the light.

It was the next door neighbor, who said...

"Oh! Wow! Hey!  You're home!"  <laughs>

No poop...you're lucky he wasn't a couple of years older or you'd have been eating buckshot.

Jon

ive got a friend who in his night stand took an old holster and screwed it to the inside top of the nightstand then notched the drawer so that you can open and close the drawer but not have the gun in plain sight when opened.

my pistol stays in the bed room in a not so sneaky local, i need to find a better place. few weeks back i went up north and had everything packed in totes in the living room even the guns (wont do that again). my gf dont sleep to well normally if im snoreing or what ever she will go in the spare room and sleep but leave the tv on in the living room to have some noise to drowned me out. well that night about 3am i wake up hearing the front door open or close slowly, freaked the poop outta me. knowing my pistol was packed away for travel like a moron. i grab the louieville slugger and snuck down the hall to find my gf in the living room, she didnt sleep at all and went out for a smoke. she scared the ever living fornicate outta me.

she's not "comfertable" with guns i have tried to get her to shoot with me she wont. so my old baseball bat stays in the bed room also. before i had my pistol it was a win. 1300 with the slugg barrel on it in the closet.