imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

You think that's bad....if the roads get wet here people lose their fuckin minds!  It would be complete chaos as soon as the first flake fell from the sky. 

stop sending those mfers up here where it rains everyother day.. i swear its one a week here the freeway is shut down for some jackass that cant drive through a turn and panics at 60 breakchecks the whole mess into 1 hr instead of 10 min?

We had a couple inches of snow here on the northshore of Lake Ponchartrain last Friday. Yes, you'd think the world was coming to an end. All public schools closed Thursday evening. Thursday f'ing evening in anticipation of massive amounts of snow! People just kind of shut down. I had a meeting scheduled for Saturday morning 20 miles away, they called Friday and asked if I'd like to reschedule because of the snow. I laughed and said no, just be on time.

No worry about beer, water, spirits or bread. Plenty of everything around all the time.

4 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

We had a couple inches of snow here on the northshore of Lake Ponchartrain last Friday. Yes, you'd think the world was coming to an end. All public schools closed Thursday evening. Thursday f'ing evening in anticipation of massive amounts of snow! People just kind of shut down. I had a meeting scheduled for Saturday morning 20 miles away, they called Friday and asked if I'd like to reschedule because of the snow. I laughed and said no, just be on time.

No worry about beer, water, spirits or bread. Plenty of everything around all the time.

I should have waved out the right side of the plane when I came in on Sunday night. Right over the lake.

Edited by Sisco

An old email list I remembered and was able to find...

This is the Unofficial World Wide Activities Thermometer, based on stereotypes and geographical generalizations by temperature.  

Air Temperatures: (Farenheit)  

60 degrees - Californians put their sweaters on.  

50 degrees - Miami residents turn on the heat.  

45 degrees - Vermont residents go to outdoor concert.  

40 degrees - You can see your breath, Californians shiver uncontrollably, Minnesotans go swimming.  

35 degrees - Italians cars don't start.  

32 degrees - Water freezes.  

30 degrees - You plan your vacation in Australia.  

25 degrees - Ohio water freezes, Californians weep pitiably, Minnesotans eat ice cream, Canadians go swimming.  

20 degrees - Politicians begin to talk about the homeless, New York City water freezes, Miami residents plan vacation farther south.  

15 degrees - French cars don't start, cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you.  

10 degrees - You need jumper cables to get the car going.  

5 degrees - American cars don't start.  

0 degrees - Alaskans put on T-shirts.  

-10 degrees - German cars don't start, eyes freeze shut when you step outside.  

-15 degrees - You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo, Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects, Miami residents cease to exist.  

-20 degrees - Cat insists on sleeping in pajamas with you, politicians actually do something about the homeless, Minnesotans shovel snow off roof, Japanese cars don't start.  

-25 degrees - Too cold to think, you need jumper cables to get the driver going.  

-30 degrees - You plan a two week hot bath, Swedish cars don't start.  

-40 degrees - Californians disappear, Minnesotans button top button, Canadians put on sweater, your car helps you plan your trip South.  

-50 degrees - Congressional hot air freezes, Alaskans close the bathroom window.  

-80 degrees - Polar bears move South, Green Bay Packer (and Buffalo Bills) fans order hot cocoa at the game.  

-90 degrees - Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.  

-100 degrees - Hell freezes over, Clinton finally tells all. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

An old email list I remembered and was able to find...

This is the Unofficial World Wide Activities Thermometer, based on stereotypes and geographical generalizations by temperature.  

Air Temperatures: (Farenheit)  

60 degrees - Californians put their sweaters on.  

50 degrees - Miami residents turn on the heat.  

45 degrees - Vermont residents go to outdoor concert.  

40 degrees - You can see your breath, Californians shiver uncontrollably, Minnesotans go swimming.  

35 degrees - Italians cars don't start.  

32 degrees - Water freezes.  

30 degrees - You plan your vacation in Australia.  

25 degrees - Ohio water freezes, Californians weep pitiably, Minnesotans eat ice cream, Canadians go swimming.  

20 degrees - Politicians begin to talk about the homeless, New York City water freezes, Miami residents plan vacation farther south.  

15 degrees - French cars don't start, cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you.  

10 degrees - You need jumper cables to get the car going.  

5 degrees - American cars don't start.  

0 degrees - Alaskans put on T-shirts.  

-10 degrees - German cars don't start, eyes freeze shut when you step outside.  

-15 degrees - You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo, Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects, Miami residents cease to exist.  

-20 degrees - Cat insists on sleeping in pajamas with you, politicians actually do something about the homeless, Minnesotans shovel snow off roof, Japanese cars don't start.  

-25 degrees - Too cold to think, you need jumper cables to get the driver going.  

-30 degrees - You plan a two week hot bath, Swedish cars don't start.  

-40 degrees - Californians disappear, Minnesotans button top button, Canadians put on sweater, your car helps you plan your trip South.  

-50 degrees - Congressional hot air freezes, Alaskans close the bathroom window.  

-80 degrees - Polar bears move South, Green Bay Packer (and Buffalo Bills) fans order hot cocoa at the game.  

-90 degrees - Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.  

-100 degrees - Hell freezes over, Clinton finally tells all. 

Pretty good but under -100 degrees it should read: “ Hell freezes over, the Vikings finally win a Super Bowl, Clinton finally tells all.- Shepp gets it,don’t you?