imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

There are so many bueatiful places to see here in the USA, as there are though out the world.

What surprises me is people that live in or have access to this and are oblivious to it. On the plus side it does make the back country a lot less crowded.

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

What surprises me is people that live in or have access to this and are oblivious to it. On the plus side it does make the back country a lot less crowded.

this spot is 30 minutes drive from the house.. thats why we chose it. its right under their nose, but cant smell the smoke.. its not a bad hike just steep.. most see a trail and follow it until it ends.. we ducked left and right not to leave a trail to be followed. yet 30 min drive and 30 min hike is so foren wilderness for the city folk.. this might work ? im due south of the border ckg.

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

That's pretty typical of folks everywhere. When I was overseas, I worked with a man from Cairo, Egypt. I asked if he visited the Pyramids. He said "No, I can see them from my backyard. Why should I go?"

17 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

What Sisco says, Not sure where you are but similar to my back yard.

Here are some pics when I get above the rain forest.The first pic is 20 min drive and 4 hr hike to get to,second is the mid point 

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Really like the area around and, north of Whistler Blackcomb. Skied and explored there a couple of times. Even tried to wrangle an international transfer to Vancouver one time.

9 hours ago, mrmackc said:

image.png.39f2b9c73904f9a2194e9a058c729c5b.png

Was at a birthday party a couple years back were a city girl from back east was going camping here in British Columbia for the first time. Bears are pretty common here and 

she'd been reading up but was confused as the common black bear can also be brown in colour. Asking my buddy Joel " if you see a brown coloured bear,how do you know 

if it's a grizzly or a black bear?" "Well" Joel replied ever so seriously " what you want to do is run up the closest tree,if the bear comes up the tree and kills you it's a black bear but if 

the bear knocks over the tree and then kills you it's definitely a grizzly" Never heard if she went camping...