imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Brilliant we did a job where we had to make a diaper for the boom lift basket. Any thing dropped was an expensive fukup.

I showed up after a week off to find $10,000 of netting and plastic installed under a bridge I was inspecting on, just for a quart of touch-up paint, if they would have told me the plan I would have let them hold a chunk of cardboard under the work :laffs:

55 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I showed up after a week off to find $10,000 of netting and plastic installed under a bridge I was inspecting on, just for a quart of touch-up paint, if they would have told me the plan I would have let them hold a chunk of cardboard under the work :laffs:

😲 Cardboard works :thumbup:

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Brilliant we did a job where we had to make a diaper for the boom lift basket. Any thing dropped was an expensive fukup.

100% truth there brother.
I did some work in the "R&D" hanger out here at PAX River NAS. We were hanging new gas fired heaters down the length of the hanger bay. Well, we had to suspend those heaters, obviously, from the top of the hanger, which was about 120' above the deck. No big deal with the lifts. The problem was......we were told that we were NOT allowed to drop anything out of the buckets. If you dropped something.......you immediately had to stop, hit the ground and FIND IT. And I'm talking something as simple as a 1/4x20 nut, or a washer. Anything you drop becomes FOD (foreign object debris) around aircraft. FUK! I can stand on a ladder and drop all sorts of stuff throughout the day. Put me over 100' in the air.......the bucket lined with cardboard, with plastic draped underneath it? Oh.....and there's a 100 million dollar experimental F-18 sitting underneath me?

FUK ME!

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

100% truth there brother.
I did some work in the "R&D" hanger out here at PAX River NAS. We were hanging new gas fired heaters down the length of the hanger bay. Well, we had to suspend those heaters, obviously, from the top of the hanger, which was about 120' above the deck. No big deal with the lifts. The problem was......we were told that we were NOT allowed to drop anything out of the buckets. If you dropped something.......you immediately had to stop, hit the ground and FIND IT. And I'm talking something as simple as a 1/4x20 nut, or a washer. Anything you drop becomes FOD (foreign object debris) around aircraft. FUK! I can stand on a ladder and drop all sorts of stuff throughout the day. Put me over 100' in the air.......the bucket lined with cardboard, with plastic draped underneath it? Oh.....and there's a 100 million dollar experimental F-18 sitting underneath me?

FUK ME!

Small hardware is the worst, fukin tek screws just as bad. 

I was doing an install at a Dominic's grocery store out over a pop display which a finally crafted pyramid of pop cans, full pop cans. As I'm coming down I landed on top of the pyramid of pop. As I went up pop shot out of the top group of cans it was fukin amazing that I didn't disturb the mountain of pop. The employees took good care of us at lunch time.

We were hanging a sign on the ceiling above a glass display at the post office. The chuck key on the drill fell out and I watched it fall and hit the top glass. Just for a second it just made a tink sound then the glass shattered falling on the glass below shattering it. Everyone in the lobby jumped. They made us come back later to finish.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:24 PM, 98Z5V said:

That's my favorite canteen cup - WAY better for cooking than the newer POS with the wire handles.   :thumbup:

Yep those are my favs, every time I see one I can hear the Gunny say"Well Cpl. Courtney you shurely did poop in your mess kit today" ... ' right after I blew the Allison engine in the 2nd Bn's old Tank retriever while pulling a civilian contractor's D-8 dozer out of quicksand.