• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bonus points to NJ

Robocop1051

NJ2AS Statement on NJ Gov. Chris Christie’s Veto of Gun Control Measures

posted on August 20, 2013 in Press Releases

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Yesterday afternoon, Governor Christie vetoed the three most offensive gun ownership restrictions passed by the New Jersey Senate and Assembly this year. These bills were deemed the “centerpiece” of what Senate President Steve Sweeney referred to as his “National Model”. The Governor’s veto of these bills is a monumental victory for law-abiding firearms owners in the State of New Jersey. Thankfully, Governor Christie realized this type of legislation is not appropriate for New Jersey or as a model for the rest of the country.

The Governor was correct in ignoring the pleas of gun-grabbing organizations based out of state, like “Ceasefire New Jersey” and “Heeding God’s Call”. These organizations lobbied to further oppress the law-abiding New Jersey firearms owner, but have no standing whatsoever in our state. The project director of Ceasefire New Jersey lives in New York and the organization has no status as a New Jersey Corporation. Heeding God’s Call is a Pennsylvania-based 501©3 that has no business lobbying anywhere, let alone in New Jersey. These gun-grabbing groups are not interest in the welfare of New Jersey’s citizens. Like the prohibitionists of old, they want to come here and destroy something they don’t personally like.

The Constitution doesn’t work like that, and it is time they learned that lesson.

The members and supporters of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society worked long and hard to send a message to the Governor about these bills. We are grateful that he took the time to review our concerns and to agree with our position. We would also like to recognize the other organizations that played a part in this victory to defeat this “national model” legislation. The California-based Firearms Policy Coalition hosted a contest that encouraged citizens throughout the country to take part in the campaign to convince Governor Christie to veto these bills. We would also like to recognize our friends at Pro-Gun New Hampshire who voiced their opposition to these onerous provisions proclaimed a “national model” by NJ Senate President Sweeney.

To everyone that participated in this campaign to prevent the further progress of these bills, we thank you and we give you our promise that we will continue to fight for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in New Jersey and throughout the Nation. You can be certain the New Jersey Second Amendment Society will be there when it counts.

Thank you,

Frank Jack Fiamingo

Presedent, NJ2AS

NOW IS THE TIME!

www.nj2as.com

This has nothing to do with the Colorado recalls.  Christie vetoed these bills on Aug 17.  Not sure why this was posted today.  He vetoed them so as not to alienate his potential republican voters in the next presidential election.

This here makes the most sense, he wants to be everybody's friend so he can run for the white house and take everybody's 2nd amendment rights form us. I don't trust him and won't be my choice in 2016

It always comes down to..............you can't trust any of them.......politicians that is. They always have their own agenda. And they'll say anything.....at anytime.....to see to be believed on the side of the people. Well....I'm here to tell you. They're not. Just about every one of them is on their own path to never holding a real job ever again. All they want to do is make us all think that they're on our side.........or the other side. When really.....all they want to do is.......stay in office.....or get into office.

I'm 47, and I'm tired of all of this BS. That's why....all I want....is to be left alone. I don't need "the man" to look out for me. I don't want anybody to take care of me. I'll take care of myself! I mean, isn't that what this country is all about? Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Isn't that what being "American" is all about? What the hell is this world turning into?

This S H I T drives me CRAZY! I can't stand what we've become. We've become the next Roman Empire. We're at the brink. We're just waiting for the "virtual" Visigoths to come over the hill. We're our OWN worst enemy.

That's one of the many reasons why I'm drawn to all of the guys on this forum. We all see it. We've all seen it before. Whether on the battlefield.....or in the grocery store. People are lost. Individuals are lost. We're losing....as a society.

Sorry guys...................................................................................I kinda got up on my soapbox.

IN THE NECK! (you all know what I mean)

Yup.

Christy will never get my vote.

All those who said if you vote third party in 2008 you will elect Obama instead of McCain...what's the phuckin' difference?!  Both are happy to be aiding the enemy, treating Americans as terrorists, running up more debt.

A vote for either approved candidate is a vote to be run by the UN.

It always comes down to..............you can't trust any of them.......politicians that is. They always have their own agenda. And they'll say anything.....at anytime.....to see to be believed on the side of the people. Well....I'm here to tell you. They're not. Just about every one of them is on their own path to never holding a real job ever again. All they want to do is make us all think that they're on our side.........or the other side. When really.....all they want to do is.......stay in office.....or get into office.

I'm 47, and I'm tired of all of this BS. That's why....all I want....is to be left alone. I don't need "the man" to look out for me. I don't want anybody to take care of me. I'll take care of myself! I mean, isn't that what this country is all about? Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Isn't that what being "American" is all about? What the hell is this world turning into?

This S H I T drives me CRAZY! I can't stand what we've become. We've become the next Roman Empire. We're at the brink. We're just waiting for the "virtual" Visigoths to come over the hill. We're our OWN worst enemy.

That's one of the many reasons why I'm drawn to all of the guys on this forum. We all see it. We've all seen it before. Whether on the battlefield.....or in the grocery store. People are lost. Individuals are lost. We're losing....as a society.

Sorry guys...................................................................................I kinda got up on my soapbox.

IN THE NECK! (you all know what I mean)

I agree with this, our founding fathers would be sick if they would see what our country has become.

When I was in school in history class learning about the Roman Empire I remember thinking that's going to happen here. Then four-five years later thinking yea it's happening we're on a hwy to hell and thought I was alil nuts for thinking so. Then got talking to a like minded friend and said I feel nutty but we're going to crumble like the Romans he said spot on hell yea we are. Now I hear people like rand Paul say that and think damn I was thinking that 15-16 years ago.

I know the Bible speaks of the Roman empire making a comeback during the end times but I can't remember the book and verse. I want to say its in Revelations but it could in Daniel or one of the Gospels.

I do know Obama wants to be a Caesar really bad with the NSA & IRS other agencies as Praetorian guard.       

I want to write out another thought about all of this. But.....it's getting late (in my time zone) that I'm seeing everybody chime in. I don't want to sound like a drunken, right-winger buffoon. So, some times, it's best to say nothing. The silent vigil....as they say.

I will say though....that I'm deeply disappointed as to where we are as a race (I mean human....not color or creed), as to where we should be. With all of the technological break-throughs that we make, it seems like....we lose something. And I can't even point out what that "something" might be. I've said many times to people around me, whether at the work place, or in a social kind of gathering.....that as "MAN (as a race)" gets smarter.....the individual gets dumber. It drives me F-ing crazy.

And I'm not talking about rejecting the level of technology that we have these days. It's about the individuals. The people. The sheeple. The ones that are so caught up in their BS "reality TV" lives. The ones that get in your way (cause their vacuous) on the highway. The ones that get in your way (cause their still vacuous) at the grocery store, convenience store, gas station......etc....etc....etc. The ones that want to charge onto an elevator.....only to be surprised that there's somebody actually getting off of "said" elevator (cause their still vacuous).....only to be, in your way yet again.

Now.....I don't say any of this in a hateful kind of way. BUT.......people (in general).......are FCUKING STUPID!

And yet another reason......why I'll disappear into the regions of Wyoming someday.

JUST TO BE LEFT ALONE!. (but all of you guys always have an open invitation)

Once again.......sorry guys......I kinda got back up on the soapbox for a few minutes.