• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

'Tis the season, ya Hookers!!!

98Z5V

I don't understand why Kawasaki is stuck in the early '80s with chrome plating, everyone else uses nickel or some form of it (won't rust), I will have to get some for next time, just tore down a xr50 that I bought for 200 bucks, the guy already did the carb, tank, petcock, air filter and oil, then figured out it had no compression! Rings were stuck, it's a '02 and hardly has a scratch, I hope to get 750-800 for it.

Edited by texas30cal

I don't understand why Kawasaki is stuck in the early '80s with chrome plating, everyone else uses nickel or some form of it (won't rust), I will have to get some for next time, just tore down a xr50 that I bought for 200 bucks, the guy already did the carb, tank, petcock, air filter and oil, then figured out it had no compression! Rings were stuck, it's a '02 and hardly has a scratch, I hope to get 750-800 for it.

I want another 50 man their fun

Lol, I could find one up here if I really wanted. Mine had the joker big bar kit HD rear spring , and HD front springs, and scooter street tires. The x's son got big enough to ride that I bought a used SSG 107 that thing ripped 4 speed 107cc I had a set of dirt rims and a set of street rims for it. One night I met with some friends from Milwaukee and we road from the south side of town to the college and back. It was a good time till the cops wanted to join us .I used to stunt it too ended up selling it afteri broke 3 ribs on it rolling endos. Tried ice racing it one year too but the only people in that class were kids and I felt stupid. Few of my buddies have 450's they ice race, I'll stick to running the plow

• 2 months later...

Well, T-Day has come and gone.  I STILL can't find my damn camera.  I know I packed it, I couldn't find it out there, and I can't find it since I've been back.  No pics, guys...

Had a great time with DNP and Mrs. DNP, and Little DNP.  Little DNP got a quad, and he's riding now - HELL YEAH!!!  That made the whole trip, right there.  If I could have gone out there, not ridden once, and just seen him ride - that made the whole trip worth it.  Hell, I'da stayed in camp the whole time just to watch that.  Drink beer, cook in the pit, hang with great, great friends - and watch him ride that 50.  <thumbsup>

However, as a foolish man, I did not choose such a safe path.  The 500...

The 500 put me on the ground.  Hard.  I've managed to "save it" before - meaning, the thing tried to kill me in the past, but pure luck, Karma, and a little "Divine Intervention" saved my ass from death.  Not so, this time.

Got there Thursday night, and gassed that thing all the way up to the cap.  Fuel was almost pouring out of the petcock.  Not from the valve portion, but from the mount to the tank - bad o-ring seal.  Hadn't done that before, but the thing sat the whole summer in Phoenix, and Phoenix likes to destroy schit with intense heat.  Like, Surface Of The Sun kinda heat. 

So, pissed, I drain the tank and rip it off the bike.  Remove leaky petcock, disassemble valve, reassemble valve, and seal said o-ring with some 3-Bond 1211 sealant, both mounting sides.  Let that biotch cure overnight, too.  Next day, load the tank again - NO LEAKS!  HELL YEAH!  We all fired up and went on a ride.  Bike did GREAT - seems alot faster this year, than it did last year.  Translation - I'm smarter, and more scared of it this year...  :ugone2far:

We go thrugh the little dunes and hit Patton Hill.  Ride awhile, and the group is ready to go back.  Now, we've got a few BRAND NEW people with us - Dawn Marie and son.  The pace was for everyone, so we weren't flying - putting, mostly, making our way through everything safely.

Hmmm...  What the hell?  My leg feels wet - but the bike didn't make me piss myself, as far as I recall...  FUEL!  SCHIT!  All over my left leg, all over my boot...  I tell Dan I'm outta there, and heading back to camp - if it's still leaking, it's still got gas in it, and I need to get back as fast as I can...

BIG mistake on that thing.  HUGE.  I get away from everybody, semi-haul ass - because it's just STOOPID to FOR-REAL HAUL ASS on that thing.  More things happen along the way, but I get it going each time, still pissing fuel on me.  I get into the washes heading back to camp, and gently get it up into 4th gear, NOT on the pipe...

Now, this is double-track, in a sand wash, with heavy use.  The two ruts are about a foot deep in most places.  I just REFUSE to try to cross over a foot of soft sand in the middle.  I'm coming around a corner, and of course there's a damn bush on the side.  Bah, it won't hurt, and I'm not crossing over...  BullSCHIT!  That bush tore my right hand UP!  Damn, that hurt, and I was bleeding.  Come up to another corner, and there's a bush - I'm crossing...  I cross-rutted that thing in 4th, and it put me down.

I was crossing from left to right, and it put me down on my right side.  I tucked, just like a good paratrooper, and did a semi-PLF whilst on a dirtbike.  Hit ALL the points of contact.

Balls of the (right) feet.  Check.

Calf.  Check.

Thigh.  Check.

Buttocks.  Check.

Pull Up Muscle.  Check.

THrew in a few extra points of contact as well - never be an under-achiever, right.  Add "Head" to the list there, in addition to "Flailing Right Arm..."  <lmao>

Once I could breathe again, I stood the thing back up, kicked it forever - it was still leaking fuel, so I still HAD fuel, right?  Got it started and got back to camp.  Passed DNP on the way, who was on a Rescue Mission to save me from that Evil Machine... <laughs>

Good Fukkin Times, guys.  <thumbsup>

I'm taking the paddle off tomorrow, putting a knobbie on, and getting my vengeance on that Biotch on some asphalt.  :bat:

Great stuff man. Got to bleed a little or it's not fun.

I had a schitload of fun then, because there was a decent amount of blood, from scratches..."  <lmao>

Not to mention, I was on the throttle when I was "tipping to the right" in the sandy quagmire...  When I hit, I think I was still on the trottle, because I buried a "partially opened" right grip into that sandy quagmire.  That thing was revving, that paddle tire was spinning, and I was trying to kick the pissed off beast away from me.  In my then-current dilemna, I must have kicked the kill button accidentally, because it calmed down kinda quick-like after several fight-for-life left-leg smacks at it.  I would have kicked it with both legs, but my right leg was under it.

I lived through this round with it, and I'm very happy about that.  It's no exaggeration when someone tells you that this thing makes up it's own mind on when it's going to try to take your life - and you just have to find a way to deal with it...  <laughs>

Fcuk, I hate this bike.  Because I love this bike.  Worse than women... :ove3:

Right on no pain no gain!! If we only listened to that before the pain set in we might walk taller than a gorilla. Rip it up brother!!

That bike kicked my ass this trip, but I'll attempt to get my vengeance on it, brother.  I'll never tame it, but one ride in my life, I'll make it my biotch.  <lmao>

Edited by 98Z5V

Man what a trip. Dylan absolutely loves riding the 50. We can't thank Uncle Tom enough for bringing that thing out for him. He's going to be a pro on it by next year so we can take him out for a little ride.

We had a blast with everybody. Dawn, we know you read this...so it was lovely meeting you and your boy. He's an excellent kid and we enjoyed getting to hang with both of you for the Holiday. We definitely need to get out there again soon.

Sounds like a damn good time <thumbsup> Tom, take that beast to your local drag strip and get your revenge on her ass! In the process you'll shock the hell out of a lot of people, especially if you swap out sprockets...   :2nd:Back in the mid 80's my buddy had a hopped up XR500 he took to the strip, people were snickering when he pulled it up to the line. Lets just say that he schooled them pretty good! <lmao>

Well sounds like a fun trip now if you are really feeling frisky bring it on up here and you can climb hills in the snow! at 10 degrees! the ground is extra hard for like when you fall! :) but the snow helps a little ... (very freekin little)..../...

P.S. you people who live near the desert or where it is warm right now Bite me!