• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

to GLOVE or not to GLOVE is the question

AR-Sniper

I've always been a "tactile" type and need to be able to touch and feel anything and everything I am doing.  Gloves take that away so i say no.  Either glove-less or at least finger-less gloves if you feel you need at least SOMETHING on there.  It's been a cold winter so I've had my finger-less on a lot although people seem to ask me "why bother" quite a bit.

It's definitely a personal preference thing though so no "best" answer depending on what you train with.

I wear gloves all day long, all year long. If you're going to wear them, learn to shoot with them.

Oakley SI Assault

21C3AF9F-3048-32C0-924FF1A7A6972A32.jpg

Oakley SI Lightweight

C46E8054-C294-093B-024300058483D573.jpg

Here's the pair I'm wearing right now...

20140318_144503-1_zpsxig8vcyu.jpg

Robo , you have no hands or there're invisible  <lmao>

I wear  gloves hunting up north ,but my trigger hand is usually in my pocket with a hot hand & no glove.

Edited by survivalshop

I hate gloves but that's me don't like the hunting at work ( my hands reflect it) or shooting. Only time I wear gloves is riding motorcycle. The ones I wear are much like the ones robo posted but are alpinestars. If I had to wear a glove while shooting I would choose a glove much like them . Like others stated it's a feel thing.

I actually had to take my deer this year wearing gloves and since I shoot left handed didn't realize I was blocking the ejection port with my oger gloved hands and jammed the rifle. Good thing I need one shot or I would of been deer less this year. I know if I would practice with the gloves on it would go better but like others have said I like the feel you have without.

I actually had to take my deer this year wearing gloves and since I shoot left handed didn't realize I was blocking the ejection port with my oger gloved hands and jammed the rifle. Good thing I need one shot or I would of been deer less this year. I know if I would practice with the gloves on it would go better but like others have said I like the feel you have without.

Normally when I hunt I were those flip top mittens with the fingerless gloves if I need to keep warm most the time my right hands in my breast pocket

I use atlas gloves for work they are like skin but keep the slivers out. I go through a pair in a month but if you rinse them in soap and water the sweat smell may stay at bay for longer!

Funny story met up with the GF after work at a grocery store we did a few laps and she is getting more irritated by the minute?! Finally she looses it what is that god awful smell?!! It was my hands bad juju I had to gtfo hahaha! Works every time!

Gloves: Mechanix, Hatch, or Oakleys, or dirt-bikin gloves which already have the clutch and brake finger tips removed. 

I just got used to it as we sometimes qual/ work with gloves on. Only prob there has been is with those damned hinged triggers on the stock M&Ps. 

With a lot of the modern forearms with piciatinny rails all the way a round, at least one glove for your fore end hand is almost a necessity, especially with a 308 recoil. Don't like them for detail work with a National Match trigger, though. Train with them some with a pistol just so I am familiar with the feel if need be. Usually just use a pair of unlined buck skin gloves, since they still allow decent sensitivity for trigger let off.

Edited by Sisco