• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

whats the first step when cleaning any firearm?

Toolndie7

That's gonna leave a mark....I'm weary of Glocks because of the questionable safety aspect.

On my Sigs, I drop the mag, rack it 3-4 times, decock, before taking it apart. Besides, I always carry Israeli-style - condition 3 - and I never have one in the chamber until it's needed. 

If you own a gun for protection and it is not loaded, you have in effect a small hammer..... if you are not comforatble carrying a loaded gun don't! get bear spray... a unloaded gun is useless, it is like a car without gas,a light fixture without a bulb ....

The first thing I make sure of when getting ready to clean a weapon is I AM SOBER!, no drinking and cleaning XXXXXXXXXXXXX it never works, same for shooting, more people shoot themselves screwing around with a quote unloaded gun while drinking a beer! next rule here is no ammo is allowed on the work bench I have a small metal box that mags and ammo go into before any cleaning starts. and the box is by the door not next to the work space....

Edited by Magwa

You got that right, there's a pretty accessible artery down there and if it takes a hollowpoint round, you won't be needing doctors.

FBI stats say an attacker has 8 seconds of useful consciousness with a bullet straight to the heart. Arteries are still small targets..  

FBI stats say an attacker has 8 seconds of useful consciousness with a bullet straight to the heart. Arteries are still small targets..

A coworker shot a home invader once in the heart with a 38spl from a 2" mod36.

Intruder dropped dead on the spot, didn't even hardly bleed.

Police reported he was dead before he hit the floor.

You put a hollow point in someone femur and they're going down I've watch a few friends break them, not a good fecking time, and the artery on the inside of the leg don't need much to bleed

One of my clerks took a .32 to the forehead point blank in a robbery......a salesman who was there called...I rushed over bout 3mins to get there expecting to see a man down....nope there was Marvin with a rag to his head walking around cussing......pulled the rag away and a hole in hie forehed with no exit wound......Yikes

police emt all that crazy crap started happening

Hospital called in 10 mins and talked with police....all they could find was lead splinters coming out of the side of his head...police started a search and after a few...they pushed up the drop ceiling and the bullet was lodged in a 2x4......praise God for that one :) Wash

ive witnessed more shootings at my Dad's stores......they didnt turn out so welll.........one time I was opening the front door to walk in.....and a customer was holding the door coming out......errr he was falling out cause my clerk just drilled him with a .38......fell dead right at my feet....what a way to start a work day!

there were two other shootings that resulted in death of my clerks....not counting my home invasion....now that one was a close one...I shouldnt be here now

Edited by washguy