• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Muzzle Brake Options

gnatshooter

I have some pics of a Fat Basturd Brake ,Lance was working on today.. will post to pics after midnight.

Just want you to know that you're keeping me up for this.  I would have been asleep hours ago, but you're killing me here, Mike...  <lmao>

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dozen plus transaction. Never a problems. Only ffl in WA that I trust.

That brake is similar to the Lavang Linear Comp, which is effective for ar pistols.

I believe as a question in hole this is an answer there for I just needed a lil nudge to get the courage to explain to my superior why I have to purchase said item!! Will do fellas !! Thanks for a gtg mike!!

• 1 month later...

I have the Gogun Supercomp XL on my AR10 rifle with the 20 inch barrel and my 11 yo son can shoot that thing all day. 

After the luck I had with the 308, I went back to them while building my wife's AR in 7.62x39 and used the XL Talon brake for hers and again, she LOVES that thing and brags about there being almost no "kick" at all and she's just little.

When I go to the range, sometimes I'll set up a video camera for when my sons shoot.  The AR10 used to jolt probably 2 inches (comparing the recoil against whatever is in the background) when it just had the birdcage and my son preferred to shoot about 10 rounds and take a break.  He was also pretty intimidated shooting anything above 150 gr.

After installing the Supercomp XL, the side view of the recoil is cut WELL more than in half, maybe even 3/4s of what it was and I could sit there and load mags with 168 gr match ammo all day long and he'd dump mag after mag if I let him.

I don't have much to compare it to and just did a lot of reading and youtube watching and then made the decision on what I wanted to go with but my whole family has been pretty darn happy with the Supercomp line of brakes at this point.

Of course, if those shrouded brakes are any good, redirecting a bit of the bang might be nice...

Edited by Sharkey

• 1 month later...